Page 412 of 417 FirstFirst ... 312362402407410411412413414 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,240 of 8338

Thread: Fate/Prototype

The drama cd 5 comes out on August and also a "coming soon" corner was opened on animejapan

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by truffledboba View Post
    unfortunately, from what i could gather. They are soon releasing the last five volumes in august 2019 (hence the soon) at AnimeJapan2019. So only drama CD not anime. Idk why they put it as anime at first place, what sadists
    Ah, so I was (sadly) correct. Well, such is life I guess.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Ah, so I was (sadly) correct. Well, such is life I guess.
    either the anime will be announced 20 years later or never. I just want a drama CD of Arthur's short story and I'd be happy

Yes unfortunately, I was really skeptical about the twitter post because it certainly is not a leak or any sort, it was just officially there. If it was an anime announcement they would have post it on the official twitter or on the TM stream, but sadly it's a bait. However; the final CD is at the horizon so I'm holding on hope until summer.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartCable View Post
    Yes unfortunately, I was really skeptical about the twitter post because it certainly is not a leak or any sort, it was just officially there. If it was an anime announcement they would have post it on the official twitter or on the TM stream, but sadly it's a bait. However; the final CD is at the horizon so I'm holding on hope until summer.
    I have a theory, once all drama cds are completed (iirc i think everything is??) then that's the time they would announce an anime adaptation i think, i hope

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by truffledboba View Post
    I have a theory, once all drama cds are completed (iirc i think everything is??) then that's the time they would announce an anime adaptation i think, i hope
    Well there have been two fate anime these past two years so it's not impossible. Even if not anime, an announcement that Prototype is going to be continued or just a manga adaptation would make me happy.

Brynhildr Romantia~ PrimordialRune's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AnoniMauuss View Post
    I just see it as "Paracelsus has very good intentions but he is willing to commit evil for the highest chance of the greater good" and that is Paracelsus's biggest flaw and he is self-aware that it is a flaw, yet commits the sunk cost fallacy. He's a very grey character but oh god, is he interesting.
    Yes, Paracelsus is a character that i really like: Elemental powers, Philosopher's Stone, Azoth blade it's a splendid servant in my opinion, kind a shame he was only 3* in fgo but he's a modern servant so it's totally plausible(I'm still mad about bestboy Arash tho) and I like how Sakurai built his character in the way that his "madness" as a mad scientist is because he refuse to just think about his bloodline but quite shares that and believes to human affection and future generations which is truly considerable a mad way of thinking for a modern magus with such a relevance like him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnoniMauuss View Post
    By the way, since this thread hasn't had a post in a week, umm... let's discuss.

So currently Proto's 1999 war finally seems to make a fair amount of sense but a few things are bugging me (after reading Arthur's FGO material entry)

So this is... confusing. This implies that Proto Gil is just as much of a unique-to-Proto existence as Arthur is but I always interpreted it as a slightly younger Gil because of the whole "lacks the kingly temperament" + otome vibes thing going on (I guess it doesn't explain Enki and Bab-Ilu though). Thoughts?
    That's quite strange.. I thought that like Proto Cu and Cu could be one the younger version of the other, the same should have happened to Gilgamesh but maybe it may be that the HS "Gilgamesh" has been splitted in two concepts based on what humanity thought about him, there's the "King" Gilgamesh which is the FSN one that has the "kingly temperament" and the "Hero" Gilgamesh which has the "heroic temperament" so the concept of Gilgamesh could be splitted in tho version of him, the King and the Hero; with that it could make sense that the Heroic Gilgamesh has "older" noble phantasm due to the Epic of Gilgamesh which he may be related more and the "newer" noble phantasm of King Gilgamesh which could be more known to modern magi thanks to his fame as a king.

But that makes me wonder also about Arthur, how could he exist? We knew from Moriarty in Shinjuku that Artoria is the feminine name originated by "Artorius" which is the Roman Soldier who was the base for the creation of King Arthur.
    I've got a personal theory about King Arthur but that's just a theory so please take this with a grain of salt: I think that Arthur and Artoria could be the same figure but inspired by different concepts: Artoria may be the King Arthur originated from Artorius and so the more "historical" one, besides, the Arthur we knew from Prototype could be based on the theory that some people believed that King Arthur was a reinterpretation of Jesus by the Anglo-saxons because he shared a lot of similarities, so maybe with all those reference to the Beast of Calamity we got in Prototype he could be the natural enemy of the beast due to his "concept" at the base which could be a figure of the Messiah(Maybe Archetype Saver was not just a translation error if we put that in this way ahaha) like Saver was with Kiara, so maybe the reason about two separated King Arthur is that one in originated from "Artorius" and one from the figure of the "Messiah". That's just a theory but when i thought about all those references of Christianity in Prototype i kinda wanted to share that!
    Last edited by PrimordialRune; April 4th, 2019 at 02:53 PM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadupo01 View Post
    Things I got from the Drama Cd

Hierosphnix are like Golems and can breathe fire
    Abu el hol Sphinx can Talk
    The Ramesseum states that Bryhildir escaped the np seal because she was a Valkyrie and her relationship with her father Odin was a good one.
    Apophis is mentioned by ozy and the heroes got scared including Manaka
    The hittites divine steel fixed itself after Arash punchered through
    According to the Ramesseum Arash and Arthur were able to use their noble phantasm because of the distortion bryhildir np created along with the stone of Paracelsus.
    When the soldiers attack the Ramesseum A light was released from the Dendera which killed them
    In the final fight the light which is like Excalibur light is converted into Lightning to attack Arash and Ozy
    Arash np has the concept of ending things
    Ozy can Invoke the gods to use their power and authority which is limited in the real world but in the Ramesseum it is different.
    The Ramesseum can calculate how much power is needed to fight and what authority is best suited against heroes who trespass the domain
    The poison is not mentioned
    Moses and Ozy both had clairvoyance when they were alive
    The mesektet was available when Moses was leading his people out of Egypt.
    if you are an avatar of a god in Egypt you receive a type of divine construct from them when you are born.
    The concept of Arash np helped them win which surprised the Ramesseum because the fire power was above both of Them abilities but the concept stop the Dendera from firing the beam and Arthur to use Excalibur on the temple.

It was very sad because that soldier in those fleet did not want to die but was killed.
    The Isemi clan death was horrible, and Elsa and Arash conversation was very beautiful and sad.
    Arash having the Concept to end things it's really a cool addition to his character, i loved him so much and Stella has got the merits it should have (That B+ Rank tho)
    Ozy has got so many powers, i think that he's one of the strongest servants we know so far, probably stronger than Gil at this point!
    Also i'm glad that they didn't mention the thing about the toxic smoke who was quite nonsense to me because Arash was said to resist that but he didn't..
    Also glad to know that servants like Bryn could bypass the Ramesseum restrictions, this kinda puts her as a possible servant who could at least fight with him without restrictions (Well, not so much tho because she has restrictions herself so rip)
    Apophis could possibly be related to Ozy Alter, that's cool, he will witness darness within darkness ahahah

Clarvoyance to both Ozy and Moses could puts them in a really good spot for maybe being Grand servants in FGO if Clarvoyance is a requirement not just for the caster but in general to the Grand servants (Maybe Moses Grand Rider with the Leviathan teased with that revelation?)

God all this makes me wish for an anime adaptation even more..!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure Arash is a 1* in FGO because he's meant to make farming faster so they made him super easy to get
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Arash is a 1* in FGO because he's meant to make farming faster so they made him super easy to get
    I thought that too but it's quite disappointing because he got a bad treatment due to the rarity and usually people associates the rarity with the servant strength, i'm hoping maybe for a comeback with DW granting him the grand title but that's more like a personal dream rather than anything

Quote Originally Posted by PrimordialRune View Post
    That's quite strange.. I thought that like Proto Cu and Cu could be one the younger version of the other, the same should have happened to Gilgamesh but maybe it may be that the HS "Gilgamesh" has been splitted in two concepts based on what humanity thought about him, there's the "King" Gilgamesh which is the FSN one that has the "kingly temperament" and the "Hero" Gilgamesh which has the "heroic temperament" so the concept of Gilgamesh could be splitted in tho version of him, the King and the Hero; with that it could make sense that the Heroic Gilgamesh has "older" noble phantasm due to the Epic of Gilgamesh which he may be related more and the "newer" noble phantasm of King Gilgamesh which could be more known to modern magi thanks to his fame as a king.

But that makes me wonder also about Arthur, how could he exist? We knew from Moriarty in Shinjuku that Artoria is the feminine name originated by "Artorius" which is the Roman Soldier who was the base for the creation of King Arthur.
    I've got a personal theory about King Arthur but that's just a theory so please take this with a grain of salt: I think that Arthur and Artoria could be the same figure but inspired by different concepts: Artoria may be the King Arthur originated from Artorius and so the more "historical" one, besides, the Arthur we knew from Prototype could be based on the theory that some people believed that King Arthur was a reinterpretation of Jesus by the Anglo-saxons because he shared a lot of similarities, so maybe with all those reference to the Beast of Calamity we got in Prototype he could be the natural enemy of the beast due to his "concept" at the base which could be a figure of the Messiah(Maybe Archetype Saver was not just a translation error if we put that in this way ahaha) like Saver was with Kiara, so maybe the reason about two separated King Arthur is that one in originated from "Artorius" and one from the figure of the "Messiah". That's just a theory but when i thought about all those references of Christianity in Prototype i kinda wanted to share that!
    They already do that with Caster Gil in FGO, Caster represents the Wise King that already returned from his journey in seach of inmortality while Archer Gil represents the Hero King before his journey most close to his time with Enkidu. I'm afraid we have to wait till they release Proto-Gil in GO to see if they make him from a parallel world or an aspect from another time in Gil's live.
    About your Arthur theory, FGO already confirms he is from a parallel world than those with Artoria, and in his trial quest story Arash says he thinks Arthur is not in the Throne of Heroes, which is indirectly confirm in the story as Arthur arrives at Avalon (not the Throne) to finally rest after the events in Proto (just to be told to go chase VI). Whats more, Arthur is not the only case of a servant from a parallel world with different gender in GO, as we also have Musashi

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    They already do that with Caster Gil in FGO, Caster represents the Wise King that already returned from his journey in seach of inmortality while Archer Gil represents the Hero King before his journey most close to his time with Enkidu. I'm afraid we have to wait till they release Proto-Gil in GO to see if they make him from a parallel world or an aspect from another time in Gil's live.
    About your Arthur theory, FGO already confirms he is from a parallel world than those with Artoria, and in his trial quest story Arash says he thinks Arthur is not in the Throne of Heroes, which is indirectly confirm in the story as Arthur arrives at Avalon (not the Throne) to finally rest after the events in Proto (just to be told to go chase VI). Whats more, Arthur is not the only case of a servant from a parallel world with different gender in GO, as we also have Musashi
    So how do we have to deal with those parallel universes? Because Proto Cu apparently got a different treatment as a younger version of Cu apparently but both Gil and Arthur are not, that's odd.
    Proto gil should probably have Absolutely Survive so maybe he's not dead like KH but that doesn't solve anything.

Also all those parallel timeline things doesn't end messing up the lore? How does that actually work?

Because Arthur exists, but he's not in the throne, but he actually shares the same backstory as Artoria, but he's not an heroic spirit and Artoria is so that's quite confusing, maybe they'll justify that by making the Protoverse an extra Lostbelt? At this point i don't realy know what to think about how this should work, any ideas?

So how do we have to deal with those parallel universes? Because Proto Cu apparently got a different treatment as a younger version of Cu apparently but both Gil and Arthur are not, that's odd.
    Proto gil should probably have Absolutely Survive so maybe he's not dead like KH but that doesn't solve anything.

Also all those parallel timeline things doesn't end messing up the lore? How does that actually work?

Because Arthur exists, but he's not in the throne, but he actually shares the same backstory as Artoria, but he's not an heroic spirit and Artoria is so that's quite confusing, maybe they'll justify that by making the Protoverse an extra Lostbelt? At this point i don't realy know what to think about how this should work, any ideas?
    My first advice is you should check the materials for Extella, where parallel worlds and their mechanics were first explain in detail and later expanded on FGO
    Also, read again what I posted, I never said Gil is treated as either from a parallel world or younger than SN Gil, I said we still don't know. Is just that your example of King Gil vs Hero Gil aspects (altought it was good) it was already done.
    Artoria became a proper HS into the Throne after the events of SN, meanwhile Arthur's mission isn't over so he can't rest.
    Also there is a difference between parallel universes and parallel worlds. There is a universe, and inside there are multiple parallel worlds, think of a tree with the multiple timelines being a different branch, a different world. The differences between this worlds could be something small or big (In this case King Arthur and Merlin's genders). Lostbelts are worlds that reach a dead end so they are mean to be pruned, the protoverse doesn't seems to have reach one so it probably isn't.
    There is more like the explanation for the Quantum Time Locks/Human Order and the Pruning Phenomenon, but you should seriously check the Extella Mats or the discussion on those threads about it to get all the details I could forget

I always liked to think that Arthur is the result of Seiba wishing herself erased from history via Grail

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    I always liked to think that Arthur is the result of Seiba wishing herself erased from history via Grail
    Uhhh I don't think that is the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Especially when you consider that Prototype is the original draft.

It's just that in Proto, Arthur is a guy. In my opinion at least.
    Last edited by AnoniMauuss; April 5th, 2019 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Wording is hard in the morning lol

On the topic of Gilgamesh, I personally think he is a touch younger than FSN Gilgamesh with an alternate cultural interpretation in terms of his Noble Phantasms. Enki and Ea refer to the same god.

As for what FGO is talking about with the parallel universe... Is it possible that the entry simply means that Proto Gil, if summoned, would keep his memories of the war like Proto Cú Chulainn? (As seen in Proto Cú Chulainn's My Room lines and Valentine's Day gift Craft Essence.) And therefore would mean that he comes from the "other universe"? It may be a reach but I think we need as many alternate perspectives on Proto as possible and then we can work it out based on what makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto Gil Bio
    "The most self-centered person in the world. However, he doesn’t have the same kingly temperament as the Gil from Fate/Stay Night, and is aman who is unable to read the situation."
    It seems to me that Nasu was trying to tell us that Gilgamesh is far more inexperienced (at the very least, as a king) in Prototype than in Stay Night.

Maybe Pre-Gil meeting Enkidu? or Gil while Enkidu was alive. I have my own doubts about Pre-Enkidu:

Quote Originally Posted by FSN Status Menu: Gilgamesh - Details
    He was originally a tyrant who did not care about his people, but his behaviour slowly changed after he gained a friend called Enkidu.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Epic of Gilgamesh
    GILGAMESH went abroad in the world, but he met with none who could withstand his arms till be came to Uruk. But the men of Uruk muttered in their houses, ‘Gilgamesh sounds the tocsin for his amusement, his arrogance
    has no bounds by day or night. No son is left with his father, for Gilgamesh takes them all, even the children; yet the
    king should be a shepherd to his people. His lust leaves no virgin to her lover, neither the warrior's daughter nor the
    wife of the noble; yet this is the shepherd of the city, wise, comely, and resolute.'
    Proto Gil is an ass but he isn't as bad as what is written in the Epic about Pre-Enkidu Gil and Proto Gil is nicer than even FSN Gil like giving Arthur a fighting chance to get a cure for Ayaka's poisoning despite his Master's orders.

Note that I'm not counting taking down Heracles because if I recall, it's not actually stated that Gil was killing Heracles to help out Ayaka but I do think it may be a factor in his motivation to do so, perhaps subconsiously. Gil has reason enough for taking Heracles down a peg.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto Gil bio
    "Instead of the Holy Grail, he is more interested inestablishing himself as the strongest of Heroic Spirits."
    That's all I have for now. I look forward to getting other perspectives/interpretations.
    Last edited by AnoniMauuss; April 5th, 2019 at 04:24 AM. Reason: I forgot about the whole "Gil is from a Parallel Universe" issue.

US Friend Code
    I don't know if this kind of question was already been examined, but what are the info we do have on the Prototype's grail true nature? How was it born and "activated" only from 1991? People seemed pretty used to it but there was no Grail Wars before so it made me kinda struggling on that particular point

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I don't know if this kind of question was already been examined, but what are the info we do have on the Prototype's grail true nature? How was it born and "activated" only from 1991? People seemed pretty used to it but there was no Grail Wars before so it made me kinda struggling on that particular point
    call me ignorant but it is only like a lump inside a cavern underneath Tokyo(?) when in true form i believe it will be a dragon that is capable of human speech (read from the wiki, sorry!) and also correct me if i am wrong, i believe it was "activated" by eating out sacrifices which are girls. That's what I found, I appreciate some corrections.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    When Bryn went into half-god mode she was like 1.5 Servants.
    It ate the girls because Manaka needed to make up for the Grail not eating Saber make up for that 0.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Stupid question, but how does one get started in the Prototype story?

Been looking but but all I keep finding is fragments which looks to be only a prequel.