Page 411 of 417 FirstFirst ... 311361401406409410411412413416 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,220 of 8338

Thread: Fate/Prototype

Quote Originally Posted by truffledboba View Post
    he doesn't seem to be a bad guy at all...that is until Manaka came. I have mixed feelings about this guy nevertheless
    I just see it as "Paracelsus has very good intentions but he is willing to commit evil for the highest chance of the greater good" and that is Paracelsus's biggest flaw and he is self-aware that it is a flaw, yet commits the sunk cost fallacy. He's a very grey character but oh god, is he interesting.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    does anyone has a link of the final drama CD? The one with battle at Tokyo Bay?

does anyone has a link of the final drama CD? The one with battle at Tokyo Bay?
    Found one. I'll post the link (with the other 3 too just for completion)

****************************file/nov69n...1_-_4.rar/file

blah blah blah support the official release if/when you can

By the way, since this thread hasn't had a post in a week, umm... let's discuss.

So currently Proto's 1999 war finally seems to make a fair amount of sense but a few things are bugging me (after reading Arthur's FGO material entry)

Quote Originally Posted by FGO Mats Arthur's related characters
    "Gilgamesh (Prototype)

The Hero King from a parallel universe.

“There should explicitly be nothing serious for him to appear here nowadays… and, I am very careless. How naïve of me.”
    So this is... confusing. This implies that Proto Gil is just as much of a unique-to-Proto existence as Arthur is but I always interpreted it as a slightly younger Gil because of the whole "lacks the kingly temperament" + otome vibes thing going on (I guess it doesn't explain Enki and Bab-Ilu though). Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by FGO Mats Arthur's related characters
    Cú Chulainn (Prototype)

A hero who Arthur once had a mutual dispute with, but in the end, they ended up uniting on a common front. He wanted to talk to Cú once the situation calmed down… but they continued to pass by each other, so they have not been able to talk at ease yet.
    So Arthur and Cú Chulainn weren't on 100% speaking terms and they wasn't able to talk it out. I assume Cú Chulainn becoming Ayaka's servant after Misaya's death was the "mutual dispute"? I would like to discuss this further.

No mention of Perseus at all which makes me really worried for him because... well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragments Arc 4 - Dear My Hero Act 0
    [Referring to Ayaka's belief in Saber...] The thing that she believed too much in.
    Was in his own experience that was said to have defeated Caster and Rider by himself.
    So I'm guessing Perseus is dead. Since he wasn't mentioned in the ending of Fragments and it seems that Arthur has "defeated" Perseus and Caster (who is most likely Medea as we've discussed a few pages ago because Old Fate info).

I do get the impression that Aro's corpse is going to be some kind of Prototype version Black Grail though because of the mud that Manaka put in him + this quote by Aro himself

Quote Originally Posted by Fragments Beautiful Mind Act 5
    When the second historical Holy Grail War had begun.
    When the battle between seven Masters and Servants unfolded.
    When the young saints were trying to end that life.
    When I was at the end of my further painful days, because of the terrifying beast that had been embedded in my body
    But that is just my crazy speculation. If we just read what is black and white, Aro died because Beast was killing him but it feels too much like a loose plot thread because Manaka surely could have just killed him the normal way. Thoughts on this?

Anyway... that's a lot to unpack but hopefully that reignites discussion in the thread. Hope to hear back from you guys soon.

Perseus can't be dead cause he's my fave.

More seriously, I'm not trying to bank on any actual Proto info from the GO mats. The lazy handwaving that was done with Proto!Cu burned that bridge for me.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AnoniMauuss View Post
    Found one. I'll post the link (with the other 3 too just for completion)

****************************file/nov69n...1_-_4.rar/file

blah blah blah support the official release if/when you can
    thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Perseus can't be dead cause he's my fave.

More seriously, I'm not trying to bank on any actual Proto info from the GO mats. The lazy handwaving that was done with Proto!Cu burned that bridge for me.
    It's weird how much Sakurai is trying to phase out OG Prototype's unique servant. We can only assume a "I see the error of my ways, I'm so sorry Aro." ending for Perseus with this current info.

I try to not use servant stats as an accurate measure of fight compatibility (especially since Perseus was able to dodge Arthur's attacks when they fought in the industrial district) but that E+ Endurance vs Arthur's B Strength doesn't do him any favours in the "Is he dead?" discussion.

I guess for now, we need to just use a Schrondinger's Perseus philosophy until some new info comes up. We don't know if he is dead or not so let's just keep both scenarios in mind in Perseus discussion going forward.

However, this does raise a few questions on how active Perseus is in the war.

Aro dies on the 7th day which is when Perseus gets all sadboi and violent. We know from Arthur in his FGO interlude that the war was about 2 weeks and we know from the Proto OVA that Ayaka gets her staff to fight Sancraid with in March which is after Arthur defeats Perseus and Caster (possibly Medea).

If you go back a few thread pages, we sort of calculated that the war starts in mid-february-ish because Fragments tells is the war started in Feb and ended in it. So around Valentines. According to Ayaka, the day she visited the grave at the start of the war was the anniversary of her father's and sister's deaths which lines up to 8 years exactly rather than the start of Feb every month.

So that doesn't really leave much time for Perseus to do much but he does have 1 or 2 conversations with Ayaka in February. One just before Ayaka goes to the grave at the start of the war which can be seen in the Animation Material storyboards and one in Fragment's Special Act: Servants but it's unknown if this is the same conversation or two different ones. I'm leaning towards the latter simply because Perseus is being overtly creepy. lol

But I'm assuming before Aro died, he was simply making an honest effort with the war without the revenge-fueled tunnel vision. Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

thank you so much.
    No problem. I hope you enjoy!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I'll wait till they actually write Prototype before I try to make sense of how they handle the events in GO, it just feels like they kind of want to handwave it away such that they'll still be able to insert what they want when they finally get to the story.

Things I got from the Drama Cd
    Equipped with population AI (bride's voice) for battle assistance All access control rights of the temple complex are transferred to Ozymandias before the battle

Ozymandias combat capability, capable of fighting the three knight class with a dagger without the use of any noble phantasms.

(1) Equipped with a magical core (super high density)

(2) Immortal (instant regeneration even if the lower half of the body is blown off)

(3) Divine space in the temple (same environment as the divine era)

(4) Sealing of treasure tools/ noble phantasm (cannot be used except by those with connection to divine spirits)

(5) Swarm of divine beasts (grants invulnerability)

(6) Ravenous Poison (destroys Arash's Robustness EX)
    (Parameters are ranked down )
    (physical paralysis and other harmful effects are exhibited)

(7) Wall of Divine Iron (cannot be destroyed by ordinary anti-military treasures)

(8) Dendera (Destroyed the U.S. fleet)

(Can annihilate the entire Tokyo area.) (Its power is equivalent to a solar explosion.)

Anti-Solemn Defense (unused)

Royal Species of the Sphinx (not used) - Other temple effects (not used)

Sun Boat (not used in the final battle) -
    Capable of scorching the surface of the earth; gives ozymandias full aerial control. It’s dangerous enough to make the other servants call for a non aggression pact. Killed Hyde in a mere minutes; the same servant that can withstand heat that melts steel in mere seconds with his self modification and go toe to toe with the knight class servants.
    The full capability of this noble phantasm is unknown and it is noted to be a dangerous and powerful one.

Imperial Privilege (Ozymandias doesn’t want to use it)
    (Imperial privilege was used only when the master is assassinated and the supply of magic power is cut off.)
    He adjusts his remaining magical power and plans to destroy the enemy Servant.

Stella has the concept of ending things

There’s a crocodile that controls poison in temple; brynhildr had to destroy the beast and distort the temple in order for the philosopher stone to work to neutralize the np seal

Lion Beast of the Hot Sands (Abhor Sphinx)

ozymandias can observe and make announcements through his sphinxes

Sphinx Combat power: Equivalent to that of a Servant

Main abilities

High-speed flight produced by rigid wings

Aerial control that defies the laws of physics

Precise control of magic power (can put magical energy into fragments brought forth from battle or things and launch them as projectiles to harm servants)

Breath of wind and fire (firestorm) that melts modern buildings and carbonizes trees

Feints against King Arthur's class

Monstrously high durability (invulnerable when blessed)

Super-enhanced parts such as super-heated claws

Speaks human language (voice is a mixture of male and female)

More intelligent than humans and adapts to fighting style

Responds to humans with a roar of a beastly animal
    Last edited by Shadupo01; December 17th, 2022 at 04:00 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadupo01 View Post
    if you are an avatar of a god in Egypt you receive a type of divine construct from them when you are born.
    Could this be where Nitocris's mirror comes from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    one thing that pains me the most is where Misaya's father cursed her. It's sad :'(

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Wiseman's Avatar
    Ramnesses has a Battleship AI is such an awesome addition

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar

hmm???

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post

hmm???
    Probably more drama CD news, but anime/manga announcement would be nice

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Probably more drama CD news, but anime/manga announcement would be nice
    something tells me it's just a drama cd, doesn't surprise me much even if prototype has drama cd adaptation instead of a full anime

It's listed under the anime section along with every other anime, why would it be anything but an anime?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Here's to hoping it's a good studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Here's to hoping it's a good studio.
    There doesn't really exist a "good studio" only good staff. Though since they worked on the ova I can see any other Prototype adaptations going to Lerche

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    There doesn't really exist a "good studio" only good staff. Though since they worked on the ova I can see any other Prototype adaptations going to Lerche
    Alright, fine.

I hope it has good animators.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    unfortunately, from what i could gather. They are soon releasing the last five volumes in august 2019 (hence the soon) at AnimeJapan2019. So only drama CD not anime. Idk why they put it as anime at first place, what sadists