Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Death and Justice

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This story was absolutely wonderful. Kiri and Kiritsugu badassness in the initial chapters was incredibly pant-jizzing. And the pleasant surprise of involving the protagonists of Tsukihime and Fate brought a smile to my lips. Their interactions are smart, witty and funny, and their combined might is something to seriously fear.
    And I second what was said before that Satsujinki Shiki is a much more appeasing character. The silence coupled with those short breaks he spares for wit and surprisingly sarcastic no-nonsense work really well. Shirou... well, I never did connect much to his character, mostly because even in this kind of situations it still seems like he has worries that are completly out of the paradigm the situation requires. He also manages to be surprisingly pessimistic sometimes. Are you seriously thinking about the people who can't be saved because they were twisted already as opposed to rejoicing to the ones you saved?

Though, Shiki and Shirou interaction is brilliant.

I still find it funny how the Type-Moon universe is filled with such HAX protagonists sometimes that the best way to bring out their badassery is to make characters that are even more HAX, in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Shirou... well, I never did connect much to his character, mostly because even in this kind of situations it still seems like he has worries that are completly out of the paradigm the situation requires. He also manages to be surprisingly pessimistic sometimes. Are you seriously thinking about the people who can't be saved because they were twisted already as opposed to rejoicing to the ones you saved?
    What is, at that moment, going on in Shirou's psyche:

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In which one?
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Death of the author lol.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    Ah this was great. I really loved this story. The battle was awesome and for the highlight of this fic was the Shirou and Shiki interaction. (Satsujinki) Shiki is always a badass and a joy to see in fanfics.

As for the Shiki x Rin story. I know you said there are other projects you are working on right now, but I hope to see it in the future. Such an unusual pairing and your great writing could make it and incredible fic.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    It is a good thing that we all know that this story has ended, otherwise you would be burned at the stake for necroing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

Blog Entries
    Why does everybody on this board get their panties in a bunch when you necro threads...
    If people want to comment on stories that are old, let them. It's not like it suddenly destroys other threads or something.

It's something I really, really don't understand. Especially since some necros made people start up their old fics again.

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    It is a good thing that we all know that this story has ended, otherwise you would be burned at the stake for necroing.
    *Reads comment*

*Walks away*

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Why does everybody on this board get their panties in a bunch when you necro threads...
    If people want to comment on stories that are old, let them. It's not like it suddenly destroys other threads or something.

It's something I really, really don't understand. Especially since some necros made people start up their old fics again.

There are better ways to contact the author besides making pointless posts in old threads. Granted, it really isn't that big a deal in threads like this were no new content is expected, but threads with incomplete stories where people are holding out hope for new content only to see a one line post from someone who wanted to know when the next update will be, or someone leaving a review lacking any substance which basically amounts to "cool story bro". It's going to tick off the fans who have been waiting patiently for any kind of new content or an important message from the author.

Even if necroing has worked before, it's not tactful. Take it to PM.

Blog Entries
    Why should we? Its relevant and on-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Why should we? Its relevant and on-topic.
    First, I already explained why. Second pointless posts are irrelevant. Third this discussion is off topic which is another reason why necros are bad. End of discussion.

Edit: sorry, phone is messing up.
    Last edited by Muramasa; September 25th, 2012 at 12:32 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa View Post
    First, I already explained why. Second pointless posts are irrelevant. Third this discussion is off topic which is another reason why necros are bad. End of discussion.

Edit: sorry, phone is messing up.
    I don't see any reason why a person shouldn't praise a fic in the thread that was designed for that purpose, however old it might be....

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, the oldness of the thread doesn't matter. Imagine if nobody had asked a question in the Questions thread for months. Then one day somebody comes around and has a question to post. That's still the thread for it.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.