Page 102 of 188 FirstFirst ... 2529297100101102103104107112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 3745

Thread: Create your own Modern Fiction Servants

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    So he's really good. Brilliant. Really good doesn't qualify you for HS status. As I've said, it is not what you do but what people think of you that counts.

Blog Entries
    lol modern humans with technology as Servant material. Pretty sure this was addressed by Nasu.
    Something along the lines of "the weapon or technology they wielded would be the 'true' Heroic Spirit in such cases" or something. XP
    (I admit that I could be entirely, completely, without a doubt wrong on this.)

And then there's the fame factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    >Thousands of feats like that
    Uh, no. Simo is the deadliest sniper in history, and it is highly unlikely anyone will ever surpass his confirmed kill count.
    Charles Hathcock, considered the best American sniper in the Vietnam war, only had 93 confirmed kills. The closest sniper to Simo is behind by about 300 or so kills. What makes Simo's achievement even more mind boggling is the period of time he did it in, roughly 3 months. THREE FUCKING MONTHS.
    I'm talking about his injuries specifically, but thank you for bringing up kills. In modern warfare, the truth of the matter is living and dying is a roll of the dice. Beyond a basic level, it's all about luck - skill differentials matter little. Quantifiable, he is not far better than other marksmen: he just had better luck with infections, injuries, and all to live longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Humans these days understand things that seem impossible to simply be very slim odds. Yes, it's amazing, but entirely replicable if tried enough times in the right scenarios. Science and rational thinking has killed Heroic Spirits. Where in days of old nobody could defeat these incredible people, now the mere concept of them is invalidated, killing them before they can be formed.

Rational thinking is the Fraggle Rock to the trump card that is Heroic Spirits.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Leo, you believe what you want to believe, and I'll believe what I want to believe. That alright?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Leo, you believe what you want to believe, and I'll believe what I want to believe. That alright?
    Wrong. Everyone must believe what I believe~!
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Blog Entries
    No skin off my back if it's just a sheet.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    People. Okay. Heroic Spirits are Heroic Spirits. It's not easy to become one. We get it. But for the sake of the thread, just let us have a little creative license, please.
    Take it to the other create a servant thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So much buttmad.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    So much buttmad.
    I know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    People. Okay. Heroic Spirits are Heroic Spirits. It's not easy to become one. We get it. But for the sake of the thread, just let us have a little creative license, please.
    Part of the fun and challenge of creating Servants is using the paradigms the Nasuverse gives you. Dropping that because you hero-worship someone is ... eh. Doesn't impress me. (Also this guy gets brought up so bloody much, and we have to keep giving the same bloody explanations. That's contributing to the irritation).

Leaving the particular example aside, I think I would point out that a lack of creative licence was what first got my goat.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    I assume it's probably less buttmad and more making sure people understand the more complex details of how a Servant functions, in order to improve their fanfiction with more accurately-realized characters.

That's why I was clarifying Simo's inappropriateness as a Servant, at least. Some people honestly don't know or get the concept of how Heroic Spirits are formed, so yeah. Don't want to create misconceptions.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    I assume it's probably less buttmad and more making sure people understand the more complex details of how a Servant functions, in order to improve their fanfiction with more accurately-realized characters.

That's why I was clarifying Simo's inappropriateness as a Servant, at least. Some people honestly don't know or get the concept of how Heroic Spirits are formed, so yeah. Don't want to create misconceptions.
    I know its related to legends and feats earning the praise (or overwhelming scorn) of the person by humanity. Simo is in my opinion, someone with the potential to qualify in the future.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Didn't CM3 say something about what happens to Heroic Spirits whose legends are unknown are most of the knowledge becomes lost and the become something like spirits or elementals? Too lazy to fact-check word-for-word, but I do remember something along those lines.
    Side Material:
    Those who are seldom worshiped fall into the broad category of 'Guardians'. They are used as a "Counter Force" without a will.

I know its related to legends and feats earning the praise (or overwhelming scorn) of the person by humanity. Simo is in my opinion, someone with the potential to qualify in the future.
    1) Modern humans don't qualify. Even if individual humans aren't aware of it, humanity as a whole/its unconscious mind understand that everyone today is averting and causing the destruction of the human race thanks to industrialisation and globalisation. Everyone is a hero so no-one is a hero. Whatever your deeds, they're not good enough any more. Full stop, no exceptions.

2)He's known by nerds on the internet who look up 'badass' lists and can use the term unironically. Ask a random person on the street, and they're not going to know. And you're probably going to have difficulty asking them because you'd have to look up the pronunciation first. Because he's not a common topic of discussion except among internet nerds and some of those involved with the military.

3)He's not an exceptional existence. He did some amazing stuff, but give someone else his weapons and his knowledge of the terrain and they'll have a good go at replicating his feats. Put someone in Saber's position and they die. No dragon blood, no Phantasmal Beast core, they're screwed. Simo didn't have something absurd like that about him and people know it,​ because he was that close to modern times with their science and their knowledge of biology.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Side Material:
    Those who are seldom worshiped fall into the broad category of 'Guardians'. They are used as a "Counter Force" without a will.

1) Modern humans don't qualify. Even if individual humans aren't aware of it, humanity as a whole/its unconscious mind understand that everyone today is averting and causing the destruction of the human race thanks to industrialisation and globalisation. Everyone is a hero so no-one is a hero. Whatever your deeds, they're not good enough any more. Full stop, no exceptions.

2)He's known by nerds on the internet who look up 'badass' lists and can use the term unironically. Ask a random person on the street, and they're not going to know. And you're probably going to have difficulty asking them because you'd have to look up the pronunciation first. Because he's not a common topic of discussion except among internet nerds and some of those involved with the military.

3)He's not an exceptional existence. He did some amazing stuff, but give someone else his weapons and his knowledge of the terrain and they'll have a good go at replicating his feats. Put someone in Saber's position and they die. No dragon blood, no Phantasmal Beast core, they're screwed. Simo didn't have something absurd like that about him and people know it,​ because he was that close to modern times with their science and their knowledge of biology.
    You do know "potential" doesn't mean that it will happen, just the possibility, right?

Look, I really don't want to argue. I really don't, so I'll just shut up and leave this the fuck alone.

Blog Entries
    And my point, flatly stated, was that there isn't such a possibility. Even 'potential' is wrong. He doesn't have it, no modern human has it.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And my point, flatly stated, was that there isn't such a possibility. Even 'potential' is wrong. He doesn't have it, no modern human has it.
    Look. Let's just drop it. Alright?

Blog Entries
    You don't want to argue, I do (because you've offered no good counter-arguments that I can see, nor is this a subjective topic which has no ready resolution). You can drop it if you like: if you don't post, I won't be able to keep going and that'll be the end of it. But until then, I'll hold up my side.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You don't want to argue, I do (because you've offered no good counter-arguments that I can see, nor is this a subjective topic which has no ready resolution). You can drop it if you like: if you don't post, I won't be able to keep going and that'll be the end of it. But until then, I'll hold up my side.
    Fine, I admit defeat, so lets just drop this fucking thing already. We've derailed the thread enough.

Blog Entries
    Spinecrushed.

Incidentally, this whole debate has given me an idea for a Servant that I might work on. A Master acquires one of the bullets that were used by Simo Hayha and travels to Russia to try to summon him, because he's a ghetto Master and doesn't have the contacts to get his hands on any real catalyst for a more ancient Heroic Spirit, so he figures better the devil he knows. Anyway, since Simo isn't eligible for a Servant status, the bullet links to Simo's nickname of White Death instead and serves as a catalyst to summon the personification of Humanity's Fear of Winter, which is a pretty common thing in mythology.

A Servant that transforms himself into a small blizzard and throws around icicles without any care in the world sounds like it could be fun in a Fate/Strange Fake kind of way.