Page 103 of 188 FirstFirst ... 3539398101102103104105108113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3745

Thread: Create your own Modern Fiction Servants

Blog Entries
    Did... did you really just go and get annoyed at Arch for having a canon-breaking Servant and then suggest summoning the personification of an emotion?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Basically, humanity( or more importantly the Harways if its possible) is doing a trial run on Third Sorcery, this is where it gets fishy as all hell since I don't know my TM, they wish to access the Moon Cell/Holy Grail in order to learn more about it. They've seen what happens with Fuyuki and don't wish to repeat it, or Waiver has outlawed people from actually replicating tTS. They make a .hack-like system where you plug in the magic circuits, or just brains in normal humans case, again me not understanding to try a simulation to hack into the Moon Cell. It either fails entirely, or is corrupted/blah, and things don't work out as planned the first time.

For all purposes of my fic, I have no idea if any of this can be reasonably achieved at all within Nasuverse, and if not I'll pull some strings here or there. Still, the things you guys says about immortality, and legends and stuff how would that be applied to these PsuedoHeroes? Like Popularity or something?

Blergh, I think I'm doing my list wrong. Basically want to create a sheet filled with retro video game characters, though I'm being lenient here, and use for my fic. Most of them are well known, like Link or Solid Snake etc., in that they don't need a description or fooling around with classes (some exceptions here would be like adding too many from one series like Final Fantasy or chars who could fill a bunch of classes like Link or someone else). I just don't want to bog down the list with the same character tropes/types/series and am limiting myself in how many chars from each series I can make.
    Spoiler:

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Did... did you really just go and get annoyed at Arch for having a canon-breaking Servant and then suggest summoning the personification of an emotion?
    Ya i kinda agree that it went a little to far, no one bitched when i made the primordial fear of the dark into a servant.

Its a thread for making anyone/anything from anywhere servants, let people do what they want.

On a side-note vagrant, if ya decide your not gonna make it i would like to give that idea a whirl
    If not I can just tell ya some of the ideas I have.
    Last edited by Knick; October 22nd, 2012 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Spinecrushed.

Incidentally, this whole debate has given me an idea for a Servant that I might work on. A Master acquires one of the bullets that were used by Simo Hayha and travels to Russia to try to summon him, because he's a ghetto Master and doesn't have the contacts to get his hands on any real catalyst for a more ancient Heroic Spirit, so he figures better the devil he knows. Anyway, since Simo isn't eligible for a Servant status, the bullet links to Simo's nickname of White Death instead and serves as a catalyst to summon the personification of Humanity's Fear of Winter, which is a pretty common thing in mythology.

A Servant that transforms himself into a small blizzard and throws around icicles without any care in the world sounds like it could be fun in a Fate/Strange Fake kind of way.
    You mean he summons Father Winter? Hoooly shit. The pure insanity of this concept combined with the fact that I would actually like to see this happen compels me. What class other than Caster? Archer? Lancer?

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Humanity's Fear Of Winter? Not as wicked of a Servant as the Primordial Fear Of The Dark, but still cool.

And I have a Servant Sheet to present. Of one Darksiders 2 character.
    Please let's not get into more discussions about what qualifies a HS and just tell me what you think. xD

-------------------------

Death

The Reaper, The Pale Rider, Kinslayer

Class: Rider
    Alignment: True Neutral

Parameters

Strength: B
    Endurance: B
    Agility: A
    Mana: B
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Skills

Riding: A+ - At this rank, Death is capable of using all creatures as mounts, including those on the level of Divine Beasts and Phantasmal Beasts. However, it does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Magic Resistance: B - Cancels spells with a chant below three aria, and greatly reduces the effects of other magecraft. Even if targeted by High Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is hard for Death to be affected. As a being that's existed prior to the Age Of The Gods, where magic was at its peak, and having dealt with users of even older magic for eons, modern magecraft can barely affect Death.

Personal Skills

Black Magic: B - Death is a skilled practitioner of ancient magic that is comparable to the spells of the Angelic and Demonic kingdoms. His prowess in it is centered in Necromancy, being one of the few beings with power over the souls of the dead, and in Summoning to some degree.

Eye Of The Mind (False): B- This skill represents Death's innate talent for combat. A natural ability to evade danger based on instinctual perception and intuition. Death has spent millennia fighting many different enemies as the personal cleaner of the Charred Council, surviving many lifetime's worth of strife. Rather than learn to be a strategist, Death relies much more in his innate talents, strength, and agility. Seeing the micromanagement of combat as beneath him, his skills eventually developed into a Sixth Sense that allows him to avoid danger.

Divinity: B - As a member of the race of the Nephilim, cursed union of Angels and Demons, who were originally created from the ashes of both, Death is a being with an odd mixture of Divine and Demonic qualities. As the union of several abstract concepts, this manifests as a high rank of Divinity.

Noble Phantasms

Despair - The Pale Steed
    Type: Support
    Despair is the undying steed of the Pale Rider. As his mount and symbol of his position as Horseman Of The Apocalypse, Despair is bound to him not only in his loyalty, but in spirit as well, and can be summoned whenever Death wills him. Despair is a Phantasmal Beast honed for battle whose appearance reflects the nature of his rider. Despair can completely recover from any wound he suffers under Death's command, and will be in top condition when he is next called.

The Harvester
    Type: Anti-Unit
    The Harvester is the personal weapon of the Reaper. A great scythe crafted with the sole purpose of taking life, attuned to the reaping of souls. It is an incredibly ancient and powerful weapon, capable of changing form to fit the wishes of its wielder, Death. Over eons, the weapon has taken countless lives of many races, and its strikes have the power to impose the meaning of "death" on whatever being it hits, as the concept itself has become bound to the scythe. Any of Death's attacks with the Harvester have a chance to become an instant kill.

Reaper Form - Incarnation Of Death
    Type: Support
    The true form of Death, which embodies his nature as one who ends life. While activated, he gains a rank up in Strength and Endurance, bringing both up to A while his Agility drops to D. In this state, he gains protection surpassing the level of the highest Divine Beasts and Phantasmal Beasts, becoming nearly unstoppable. His scythe changes to fit Death's transformation, and while it loses the chance to cause instant death, its overall power is increased. Additionally, all of Death's attacks are enhanced by his power. Asides from increased physical damage, they also deal arcane magical damage that erodes life. This form also gives Death the ability to fly, and to teleport short distances.

Death can also briefly call upon the power of this Noble Phantasm to enhance his regular attacks through partial usage of his true form.
    Death cannot call upon Reaper Form indefinitely due to limits to his own power, but he has no limit on how many times a day he can use it. However, activating this Noble Phantasm costs an enormous amount of prana, and maintaining it causes a sizeable drain.
    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; October 22nd, 2012 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

I've always wondered: Do you think Death could also be classified for Caster? Of course, that's depending on how you set up his skillset in game...Same with War and Berserker...Now you've got me wanting to do one, dammit! Thing is, it'd probably be too similar to your sheet, seeing as they have most of the same abilities just with different names. Maybe I should go with Fury/Strife?
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    It does sound F/SF-ish. It's a pretty neat idea. And I do like guessing what happens when you try for an ineligible summon and the Grail system throws something else at you.

As to the ineligibility issues, are people forgetting that Medusa was part of a trio wished into being? Or Herakles? I imagine that there's mythological figures which equate to Vagrant's ideas, or that a suitable excuse could be made. The Nasuverse of millennia past is vastly more malleable than its modern era: Simo has a plethora of reasons not to get in (and was being debated as an actual possibility for the canon Throne: here's the big no-no), whilst we have precedents in F/SN which could match Vagrant's suggestion. And, in all honesty, the madness of something Strange Fake does excuse some issues in the fine print.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    And my point, flatly stated, was that there isn't such a possibility. Even 'potential' is wrong. He doesn't have it, no modern human has it.
    Does anything change if Thaumaturgy as a whole is known to the entirety of the human species?

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Not really. I wasn't annoyed at Arch, so much as I wasn't sure if he thought Simo should be a Servant within Nasu's canon, or despite Nasu's canon, and figured I'd throw in my 2 cents worth on why he can't be if we're talking from a canon perspective. White Death was just asa "lolwhatif" conceptual thing on the same level of non-canon as Pale Rider from Strange Fake, which I feel is rather different to "this is how I think canon is/should be".

I do apologise for any real offense caused, I've just seen so many people suggest Simo in a canon-abiding setting that I couldn't tell whether Arch thought it was possible or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakashifan727 View Post
    I've always wondered: Do you think Death could also be classified for Caster? Of course, that's depending on how you set up his skillset in game...Same with War and Berserker...Now you've got me wanting to do one, dammit! Thing is, it'd probably be too similar to your sheet, seeing as they have most of the same abilities just with different names. Maybe I should go with Fury/Strife?
    Death could probably qualify for Caster on some level, but I tried to get a reasonably neutral portrayal of him here, even adding some details to Harvester that can be attributed to his legend. I mean, he's Death. The freakin' Reaper.

All of the Horsemen classify for Rider. War would classify for Rider and Saber, although it's likely he wouldn't have acess to Ruin as Saber. And whereas Death has EotM(False), War would likely have EotM(True) instead, and Battle Continuation. It's debateable if he could be summoned as Berserker, but he did go on a rampage that one time in the comics.

The other two probably qualify for Rider as well, but we don't know nearly enough about them to make interesting, or even presentable, Servant Sheets.

Exactly. I hear THQ isn;'t doing too well either, so we may never know.

Wait, the series has comics now too? Are those considered canon, Darksiders series not just 4 Horsemen legends? They've been portrayed in quite a few games, like SMT for example as familars/Fiends you have to kill.
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakashifan727 View Post
    Exactly. I hear THQ isn;'t doing too well either, so we may never know.

Wait, the series has comics now too? Are those considered canon, Darksiders series not just 4 Horsemen legends? They've been portrayed in quite a few games, like SMT for example as familars/Fiends you have to kill.
    Darksiders has a comic book, that came out after the first game, and a book centered on Death and War as they uncover a conspiracy branching from Heaven to Hell, which also explores and explains quite a bit about the backstory of the Nephilim. The book came out more recently.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IhaxlikeNoob View Post
    Does anything change if Thaumaturgy as a whole is known to the entirety of the human species?
    It loses all power, because mystery is an integral part of magecraft? Not sure what you're getting at?

Whilst we're here, can we pretend I addressed my supposed hypocrisy on the 'ineligibility' issue by saying what Vagrant said? He (?) put it much better.
    Last edited by Seika; October 22nd, 2012 at 10:38 PM.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    I am a he, indeed. In my case it's safe to follow the Standard Rules of the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    It loses all power, because mystery is an integral part of magecraft? Not sure what you're getting at?

Whilst we're here, can we pretend I addressed my supposed hypocrisy on the 'ineligibility' issue by saying what Vagrant said? He (?) put it much better.
    Pretty sure those mysteries measure said mystery's value, for example if everyone had RMs then it wouldn't be rare and valuable, but it still would be a powerful skill because reality is your ally; also if you know what Gae Bolg's casualty reversal mystery attack that isn't going to stop the spear from turning your heart into pulped meat(if i'm wrong then disregard this the above statement, my TM-fu is not really great).

Anyway what I was getting at is that if miracle making was allowed to be shown in public and nothing was holding back the real powerful magi(Magicians, Lorelei) could they make HS through renown and the defying of fate?
    An example would be Zelretch killing CM and it being known somehow in the present day.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by IhaxlikeNoob View Post
    Pretty sure those mysteries measure said mystery's value, for example if everyone had RMs then it wouldn't be rare and valuable, but it still would be a powerful skill because reality is your ally; also if you know what Gae Bolg's casualty reversal mystery attack that isn't going to stop the spear from turning your heart into pulped meat(if i'm wrong then disregard this the above statement, my TM-fu is not really great).

Anyway what I was getting at is that if miracle making was allowed to be shown in public and nothing was holding back the real powerful magi(Magicians, Lorelei) could they make HS through renown and the defying of fate?
    An example would be Zelretch killing CM and it being known somehow in the present day.
    Wouldn't it make it less likely to become a HS? As things are now, a Magus could concievably run around doing things, and have people see it as something 'not possible' or 'beyond human'- which, assuming they don't get killed by either the church or the association, might qualify them as a HS.

If Magecraft becomes common knowledge, even disregarding the whole 'losing potency' element, those feats just become another thing that will make people go 'so what? Anyone with the right lineage/training could do that'

Blog Entries
    Yeah, magecraft specifically loses power when it's revealed. Everyone draws from the same, finite source. If one person drew ten, two can only draw five: that's the example given.

Even assuming that didn't hold, I'm ... 95% ... sure it's still a no. It's quite specific that even saving the world doesn't qualify you as a hero any more, because that's happening all the time. Fame is required, but so is the deed itself (or, in this case, the exceptionality of the deed).
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

I see, okay thanks.

Blog Entries
    Save the whole solar system by diving into the sun and stabilizing its core so it doesn't blow up could probably get you a HS status, since Alaya isn't tied specifically to Earth itself and it's not something we're doing constantly.

But then, that's not likely to happen.

Though now I want to see a Stardiver HS of some form. Mite b cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Save the whole solar system by diving into the sun and stabilizing its core so it doesn't blow up could probably get you a HS status, since Alaya isn't tied specifically to Earth itself and it's not something we're doing constantly.

But then, that's not likely to happen.

Though now I want to see a Stardiver HS of some form. Mite b cool.
    Then 'Sol' will reward you gratefully for saving it. :P

...what? If a planet can have sentience why not a solar system?