Page 8 of 188 FirstFirst ... 3678910131858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Create your own Modern Fiction Servants

Quote Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
    Kenshin's Kaze Ryu Ken does 9 quick slashes that are so fast they seem to be instant.
    Nope. Not in the official translation at least. Some other versions have translated it that way so I don't know for sure how it's meant to be in the original Japanese, but it's specifically said in the official translation that they aren't preformed one after another quickly but all at the same time.

Blog Entries
    I still think it's more like Nine Lives Blade Works instead of Tsubame Gaeshi
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

I think that's a mistranslation or metaphor because normally it makes no sense. In Assassin's case we assumed the same until Word of God told us that what Kojiro did was essentially the Second True Magic unconsciously.
    So there's no mistake. Kenshin's Kaze Ryu Ken can be avoided while normally Assassin's do not. One attack bends reality to its will while the other has only sheer speed.

Like I said, it's possible it's a metaphor or mistranslation, but it's a bit ridiculous to say that until the author specifically says otherwise that it must be a mistranslation.

To be honest here, the fact that Rurouni Kenshin is still in the realms of the humanly posible (or almost humanly posible) would show that Kenshin, in fact, slashes just very quick. IIRC, Hiten Mitsurugi is all about speed. Yeah, he is good, but he doesn't make the physic laws his bitches.

About Dante... the Devil trigger maybe (just maybe) is a bit wanked, but his stats... I have to say that I don't see anything wrong with them. He has showed strenght enough to stop the punch of a statue of 100 m, survived a few trust through his chest (with swords worthy of Cloud). A shoot to the head just annoyed him, and he is insanely skillful with anything he uses (except katanas, for some reason, he isn't that good with Yamato, at least if we compare it with his skill with other devil arms)

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I don't think Kenshin's author knows much about physics. It's either an attack at the speed of light (to make the strikes literally all at the same time), or it's at a speed fast enough that with human eyes, you can't help but think they're coming at the same time, because they're just too fast.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

STR stat =/= Strenght but attack power. Dante normally doesn't wreck entire sections of buildings, unless he use some kind of special weapon.
    Berserker do. Saber and Diarmuid do in Fate/Zero. Gilgamesh does it as well (hell, his NP bombardment was compared to carpet-bombing the area - and that was just 6 NPs thrown or maybe less)

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I don't think Kenshin's author knows much about physics. It's either an attack at the speed of light (to make the strikes literally all at the same time), or it's at a speed fast enough that with human eyes, you can't help but think they're coming at the same time, because they're just too fast.
    I don't think it's light speed.
    If it was light speed his sword would probably disintegrate.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Massive shockwaves would probably disintegrate everything around as well.

But this is manga and anime, so that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    Nope. Not in the official translation at least. Some other versions have translated it that way so I don't know for sure how it's meant to be in the original Japanese, but it's specifically said in the official translation that they aren't preformed one after another quickly but all at the same time.
    yet Seta Soujirou is even faster

Kenshin's attack is said to be at godspeed iirc, or something.

Which is closer to nine lives.
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Another Servant for this thread. The Sleeping King of Denmark and enemy-turned-friend of Charlemange....

Class: Saber
    True Name: Holger Danske (Ogier the Dane)
    Alignment: Lawful Good

STR: A
    AGI: C+
    END: B+
    MGI: D
    LUK: C
    NP: B

Class Abilities
    Magical Resistance: E

Riding: B

Skills
    Charisma: B

Bravery: B

Eye of Mind (True): A

Instinct: B

Battle Continuation: C

Noble Phantasm(s)

Cortana Sword of Mercy
    Type: Support
    Range: --
    Max Target: 1

The legendary sword given to Holger by Charlemange as a token of friendship. Originally called "Curtana", the name was changed when the length of the sword was cut down to fit Holger. A paradoxical weapon, its blade is dull and it cannot be used to kill another being. However, it is blessed with two miracles that Holger can use and can be used as "reminder of mercy".

Sauvagine Sword of Battle
    Type: Anti-Personnel
    Range: 5
    Max Target: 1-10

The lesser known second sword of Holger. Holger's main weapon of choice since Cortana is forbidden to harm or kill. This blade of this sword never dulls and is capable of penetrating defensive abilities or NPs ranked C or lower. Made from a different swordmaker, Sauvagine was given to Holger with Cortana by Charlemange.

Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Eveonder's Avatar
    Ohh... not bad, even though you distorted his myth, what exactly is the support ability associated with the Sword of Mercy? Does it take the form of a sword with a broken tip? Or is it a proper sword that's dull?

STR stat =/= Strenght but attack power. Dante normally doesn't wreck entire sections of buildings, unless he use some kind of special weapon.
    Berserker do. Saber and Diarmuid do in Fate/Zero. Gilgamesh does it as well (hell, his NP bombardment was compared to carpet-bombing the area - and that was just 6 NPs thrown or maybe less)
    That's because if you could destroy the castle of turn, the game would be too short.

That or "Lol, demonic constructions are just better"

Spoiler:
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Has one of Meliadoul been done?
    -Insert witty signature here-

True Name: Onime no Kyo (Demon Eyes Kyo)
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

STR: A+
    END: B
    AGI: A
    MGI: A
    LCK: B
    NP: A+

Class Abilities
    Magical Resistance: A

Riding: D

Skills

Bravery: A

Eye of Mind (Fake): A

Instinct: A

Battle Continuation: B

Noble Phantasm(s)

Tenrou
    Type: Anti-Enemy
    Range: 1-2
    Max Target: 1

Demonic sword forged by the famous blacksmith, Muramasa. Tenrou has an unearthily sharp edge and a powerful demon sealed inside. By "talking" to his sword Kyo can tap into te hidden powers of the blade to both increase his strength and acces a number of special techniques like the Mumyo Jinpu Satsuji Ken and Mumyo Jinpu Ryu Ougi arts. The later invovolve calling forth the Four Divine beasts of the Chinese cosmology for various forms of attacks.

Regretfully I can't find any place for his Crimson Eyes. It has an obvious power-boosting effect and its user can shake of various hax abilities by willpower alone. But I can't call it a Mystic Eye, neither a Noble Phantasm.Ah, the dilema!

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Class Abilities
    Magical Resistance: A
    When have we ever seen Kyo use magic? I'll admit I gave up on the manga when it got to stupid levels of shounenry, but I don't think he should get anywhere near A magic or magic resistance.

Regretfully I can't find any place for his Crimson Eyes. It has an obvious power-boosting effect and its user can shake of various hax abilities by willpower alone. But I can't call it a Mystic Eye, neither a Noble Phantasm.Ah, the dilema!
    Maybe some low level of Mad Enhancement, or that ability Heracles has that blocks out mental interference, focus or something?
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

I'll say that your Kyo is a bit too strong (a B or a B+ would be fitter in my opinion, Date is way stronger and I doubt he would reach that A+) and he has a bit too much mgi (I'll give him a B+)

About the eyes... how about give him some skill like intimidation (rank B)?

Also his magic resistance is a bit too high. Arturia has that much MR because she already has an insane magic resistance. I would give him a B (thanks to be the body of the Red King, mind you) at best, if not a C

Spoiler:

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i'll throw in my favorite character from my latest obsession, Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier. Thankfully she's not a complete overpowered broken ass like a few of the characters from it, so she could potentially work in the rules of the F/SN Servant system, I think.

Name: Momiji Satomura

Originally a normal girl in her world, Momiji killed her older sister when she was fifteen because both of them were in love with the same boy. Her sister eventually won the affection of this boy, and consumed by jealousy, Momiji pushed her sister in front of a passing car, causing her death. No one else had noticed that she had done so, and so Momiji alone lives with the guilt of such a terrible sin.

This act was the catalyst for the emergence of her ability, Grimoire. Unlike most grimoires that are books of magic, Momiji's ability was formed under the influence of sin, becoming the embodiment of the Seven Cardinal Sins, which are represented by seven crystals that surround her body when active.

Class: Caster
    Alignment: Neutral

Strength: E
    Endurance: C
    Agility: D
    Magical Energy: B
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Abilities:

Territory Creation: X
    Although a Caster, Momiji cannot create any "territory" that is favorable for her magic.

Tool Creation: X
    Although a Caster, Momiji cannot create any "tools".

Skills:

Battle Continuation: C (EX when certain condition of Noble Phantasm is met)

Allows the user a low chance to continue fighting even after receiving grievous wounds. Deceased chance when greater damage is suffered.

Noble Phantasm:

Grimoire: The Embodiment of Sin
    Type: Anti-Personnel
    Range: 2-12
    Maximum Target(s): 1-7 people.

Seven crystals that are each of the different colors of the rainbow surround Momiji, each are similar in that they are named after a different demon or devil, and that they are the same shape and have the same attack, which is to fire a concentrated beam of light at the enemy, dealing a small amount of damage. However, for every successive hit the damage grows, and for each different beam that connect with the enemy, one of their senses is stolen.

Lucifer/superbia – The red crystal. Symbolizes Pride, and steals the sense of smell.

Leviathan/invidia – The orange crystal. Symbolizes Envy, and steals the sense of balance.

Satan/ira – The yellow crystal. Symbolizes Wrath, and steals the sense of sight.

Belphegor/acedia – The green crystal. Symbolizes Sloth, and steals the sense of hearing.

Mammon/avarita – The blue crystal. Symbolizes Greed, and steals the sense of touch.

Beelzebub/gula – The indigo crystal. Symbolizes Gluttony, and steals the sense of taste.

Asmodeus/luxeria – The violet crystal. Symbolizes Lust, and steals the sense of pain.

Pic here

Judgment: The Light of the Aurora That Purges Sin
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 5-60
    Maximum Target(s): 60 people

The seven crystals are brought in a circle in front of Momiji, and a rainbow colored burst of light is released from it, shooting forward and capable of dealing massive damage.

Pic here

L'Arc-En-Ciel: The Execution of One Who Sins
    Type: Support
    Range: EX
    Maximum Target(s): 1 person maximum

If the target opponent has had all of it's senses stolen by each of the Grimoire crystals, Momiji can than activate this ability at any time she chooses. When used, Momiji instantly regenerates any damage caused by that target, and she regains any Prana she has consumed. Also regenerates any of the crystals if they have been destroyed. Target opponent regains their senses, but Momiji can use this ability every time the opponent is afflicted by all seven sins.

Pic here
    Last edited by Kratosirving; January 6th, 2013 at 11:19 AM.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Name: Terra
    A Keyblade wielder tormented by the power of darkness within him, he fought valiantly to protect his friends but was ultimately undone by his own insecurities. Now rage rules his heart and he strikes out at everything besides his Master.

Class: Berserker
    Alignment: Chaotic Mad

Strength: A
    Endurance: A
    Agility: B
    Magical Energy: C
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Abilities:
    Mad Enhancement C: Rank up for all parameters except Luck and Mana, but in exchange one can no longer think and speak properly.

Skills:
    Quickcasting (Reduced): Through the aid of his Keyblade Terra can cast a spell simply by calling it's name, though his lack of skill in magic reduces the power of the spells. This skill is useless due to the effects of Mad Enhancement.
    Elemental Affinity (Earth): Terra's connection to rock and soil grants him protection against spells that involve it as well as additional mobility on fields and mountains.
    Dash: Terra can increase the speed of movements to the point where he can inflict serious damage simply by passing an opponent, though he can only run in straight lines.

Noble Phantasm:
    Chaos Ripper: A Keyblade Terra obtained after striking down his former master, it provides a great bonus to his strength and reach though it reduces his magical power. It can also be used as a device to fly on, but this ability cannot be used due to Mad Enhancement.
    Type: Anti-personnel Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-3
    Maximum Target: 1

Command Styles: By using multiple spells of certain types closely together Terra can actually charge his powers and cover himself in magic, most of which are linked to rock and soil. As a result of Mad Enhancement he is permanently using Dark Impulse which covers his body in dark energy and greatly increases the strength of his left hand.
    Type: Support Noble Phantasm
    Range: 0
    Maximum Target: 1

I'm conflicted about the stats as they'd be different with or without the sword but:

Name: Elric, 428th ruler in direct line of descent from the first sorcerer emperor of Melniboné, Wielder of Stormbringer.
    Alignment: Chaos (Aka. Whatever Arioch wants him to be at the moment... Blood and Souls)

Info on Stormbringer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormbringer
    Last edited by Hotako; April 25th, 2011 at 05:46 AM.