Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Collaboration Contest 2023

Blog Entries

Summer Collaboration Contest 2023

SUMMER COLLABORATION CONTEST

"Greetings, fellow traveler. Are you too on your way to the breathtaking shores of the dreamy City of Serendell?"

As the sun shines brightly upon the glistening waves and the gentle breeze carries the sweet scent of exotic drinks, we invite you all to join us in our Summer Collaboration Contest!

Imagine a captivating beach paradise, where Servants, mages, and other mystical beings gather for a well-deserved vacation from their heroic endeavors and magical studies. This is the place where your creativity can run wild and collaboration becomes the catalyst for wondrous creations!

"What brings you here? For a summer vacation or something else? Serendell has more to offer than just a beautiful beach, ya know?"

Picture the sun setting, painting the sky with hues of gold and pink, and feel the magic come alive. In this vibrant city, you will find an array of beautiful and strange places and events, that hold their own little stories. Will you explore them?

Dear friends, each one of you will bring their unique talents and ideas to Serendell. You will collaborate with each other to breathe life into this city with new visitors and citizens. What will they experience and offer to this town?

As the doors to this city open, you can let your crazy ideas run wild - together. It is Summer after all! Band together and learn from each other, inspire each other and get used to work with someone else on ideas. Combine your strengths and make something you could not do alone!
    Forge new friendships, ignite your imagination, and let your creative prowess shine in this extraordinary summer journey!

So grab your pen, your drawing tablet, or whatever tools you prefer, and prepare for a summer like no other. Within these sandy shores and bustling streets, the destiny of our vacation city lies in your hands!

Let the Summer Collaboration Contest begin, friends!

Here are the rules:

• Each entry credits at least 2 creators.
    • For the shy participants: You can write me and I will randomly pair you up with someone else, who is also looking for someone. You could also comment your ideas and wait for someone to ask you to collab with. If you have no ideas but wanna brainstorm together, write that too. Im sure you all find someone to work with either way.
    • The form of the entry is free. That means the team can create one sheet together (servant, mage, phantasmal, oni, even location) or even make two or more sheets, that are related to the setting (Master/Servant, two mage siblings, two servants that do business together or were related in life and are now on a vacation together, etc.). You can even write short stories centered around Serendell and post them in here. The degree how you work together is up to you. One can provide the picture and one the sheet, or one the personality and one the skills. Collaboration of any kind and form is the core here. And of course the fun
    • The setting is "Summer", but the prompt is not. Do not feel forced to slap a (Summer) on your Servant to fit the bill. Engage with the location, tho.
    • There is no limit on how many entries one creator contributes. You could ask the whole crew to collab with you. But do mind to be confident you can work with all of them, else it would be unfair for them.
    • The locations I provide below are just loose frameworks. Serendell is fictional. Country is irrelevant. The descriptions (down below) are left open-ended. Insert your own story there. There should be enough to create sheets of genres like comedy, tragedy, romance, horror or mystery. You can create your own, but it is encouraged to relate it to other locations, so other entries may have some clues where and how to meet them. Else they would be in their own little bubble ya know? Just fill it with life! Examples: Nav Park, someone could be hired as a park ranger here. The local market has of course some vendors.
    • Chaldea is present, of course. They are able to summon all Servants who wish to participate, but their power is low because resources are stretched thin. You can consider any Summer Servant in FGO present, any Summer Servant or mentioned Servant made by me, and any Summer Servant from a creator that states they are present.
    • For once, no overarching plot lingers behind the scene that needs the attention of all Servants there. Small discourse may happen, like a beach volleyball war between different factions, but nothing that threatens the whole city! Give Chaldea and Co. a break! Do as I say and not as I do!
    • Duration: Submission Period starts on July 1st.! The Submission Period ends on August 20th! You read that right! Collaboration can be hard. Summer makes you feel sluggish, you have plans for vacations, coordination can be hard, especially if it is your first time collabing. So I stretch the period you can talk with each other, find each other and perhaps gather even more ideas.
    • Voting starts when Submission ends. Voting ends on August 31st. The usual contest voting rules apply. If there are many entries, I decide if yall get 5 votes.

"Oh you need a guide through the city? I don't mind! Let me show you some attractions from around here! Oh, but I am not that knowledgeable about them all, so excuse me if I miss some details."

The City of Serendell

Welcome to the Nav Park. A park owned by the Slavic God Veles.
    It is a strange place that is both a bit unnerving and relaxing. It borders his own farmland, where he produces all kinds of grains, fruits and vegetables. It is off-limits. He sells to the majority of restaurants in the city now, and most of the stuff you can buy at the local market comes from him.
    Special thing about the Nav Park is that Riders, other Servants and people with phantasmals and other beasts leave their trusted mounts there to let them have some vacation too.

Part of the Nav Park. It is less of a zoo and more like a safari zone where all kinds of phantasmals from mages and servants roam free to relax in the sun as well.
    Veles cares for them, and they return to their owners in better shape than ever, exceeding their usual performance.

The local market where chef servants and casters gather to find ingredients. From mundane ingredients to extraordinary wares under the counter, one can find many things there.

The restaurant of Vivaldi-Hippotades. The best Italian cuisine in town. Located in a part of the old town, not too far from the beach, it has a certain Mediterranean flair to it. It is in a backstreet and doesnt get too many visitors, but customers are loyal and advertise his food. Vivaldi orders his ingredients from Nav Park.

The local ice cafe. It became pretty popular recently after offering bubble tea and bubble waffles, too. But the main reason it got so famous is most likely the social media coverage.

One of the free high class offices of a recently built office building was finally rented by a new entrepreneur. It still looks shabby compared to the top floor, where the Queen of Sheba operates her businesses.

The history of the town is rich, and there was a time when it was a partner town to a now destroyed town in the Middle East. During a crisis, some families moved there and brought their culture with them, establishing a little district over the years that draws attention from Muslim tourists. A mosque is there too, that is currently under renovation.

The only museum in the area. The owner is described as...eccentric, mixing art and science museum in one and basically adding anything to the collection if someone approaches them. Like a no-name artist who wanted a whole just for his glass art. It is said it perfectly reflects the indecisiveness of the city, who can not choose if it wants to become a modern city or wants to stay a charming old town.
    For this summer it presents some maritime exemplars. Some seem quite old but its hard to tell what they are.

The local library appears as nothing noteworthy. A few years ago a strange book was found, but no one could make sense of it. Perhaps there are more of them?

An abandoned building on the edge of town. Records of what happened there are lost. Older folks say it is haunted. Teenagers like to drink and party there in peace. "Artists" learn here to use their spraycans, because the city is really harsh on streetart of that kind. Especially popular during halloween.

The local mall is filled with all kinds of shops. From sports accessories to a large electronics store, there is most stuff anyone could need. People sometimes complain about the management...

A charming little ramen shop with a small menu but each meal is prepared with love. It still receives mixed reviews on Yelp.

A popular meeting spot. The fountain marks the middle of the city. It is located above the intersection of some weak leylines. There are rumors that from time to time at night dim symbols shine on the side. What symbols? Uncertain.

The great stadium - the main attraction of the city. It can basically host any kind of sports event. Different stars performed there and draw visitors from across the country. It is pretty high tech and several millionaires invested in it. It appears interesting for the moonlit world too.

An event venue near the beach. It is currently reserved and is preparing for a wedding ceremony. It remains a surprise who the happy couple may be.

A millionaire recently sold this luxurious house for unknown reasons. The new owner is expected to appear at the wedding ceremony.

The local church. A beautiful example of the diverse architecture of Serendell. It is even more beautiful on the inside. It seems to be often visited by other priests, even a cardinal from another country was once spotted there.

A lighthouse. Neither really old, nor new. The owner changed recently, but no one has seen the new one yet. It made some headlines recently.

There is a small hill on the edge of town. A family tends to three graves that overlook the sea.

The whole town's pride and joy is their neat and tidy park. It is in pristine conditions. People come here to relax from their work and for dates. Littering is punished harshly - if not by law enforcement, then by citizens. It is closed for all in the night from wednesday to thursday. No one asks why.

The region had a pretty wet and mild winter. It led to a landslide and revealed a cave system outside of town. The public is kept mostly unaware. Rumors have it that explorers went missing in there or at least did not return to the city.

A former greenhouse was rebuilt to house a water park. Visitors can both enjoy the slides and pools and all kinds of different exotic vegetation. Some rare species may wander around too. It is popular among those who dislike salt water and don't want to drive outside the city to visit the lake. And it can be visited all year. Competitive water athletes are regulars here. There is a decent restaurant in there too.

A bit outside the city is a clear lake. Campers and Anglers love this place. There is an established nudist section because the city doesn't allow full nudity on the beach to not scare away the tourists. A certain Greek Goddess pushed this decision...
    Needless to say, some perverts and voyeurs sully the reputation at times...

A beautiful promenade, perfect for a stroll along all the charming shops. The streets are broad and well maintained, so all with vehicles feel the urge to drive around and enjoy the scenery. It overlooks a section of the beach that is used for different events like public viewings and little concerts that are not big enough or too niche to fill the stadium.
    This beach section also provides a great view of the Stadium and when the wind is just right, the music and cheers of the audience are audible clearly in this part of town.
    it is also a spot for different street performers that want to make it big one day and the typical shady vendors that sell cheap sunglasses and their mixtapes.

The Serendell beaches. Clear water, white sands, what else could you wish for? Not too far from the shore is a coral reef. There are several spots to play sports like beach volleyball, football, badminton, etc.
    There is also the watchtower of a little brat that pretends to be the greatest lifeguard. Woman flock to them anyway, much to the dismay of men who want female attention.

A little spot at the beach where the muslim community likes to meet. Here they smoke shisha, share their delicious snacks and discuss whatever comes to their minds. They are very welcoming, so it is not unusual to see young people sit with them and smoke the sweet tobacco.

The infamous beach bar. A strange barkeeper asks personal questions and gives unwanted advice. The drinks are damn great, though. It also acts as the only surfboard, diving equipment and banana boat rental around.

The last view. A scenic section of the beach, but it got a sad reputation now. Serendell is beautiful, but not always can it hide the stories of those who can not bear life any longer. Good-hearted Samaritans often patrol this area.

The mountain path. During summer nights, teenagers do their typical walk through the darkness to show how brave they are. It leads outside the city toward an old temple. Urban legends have it that at times wandering lights and dark apparitions are seen. Most likely the monks.
    Last edited by DelRey; June 25th, 2023 at 09:41 AM.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    WOO
    AT LAST
    IT'S HERE
    But huh
    We gotta pick ourselves who we gonna collab with huh?
    ...oh boy looks like i gotta get off my shy ass
    I have a couple of people I wanna try...but hmmm...
    HMMM
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, same so good luck for the both of us

oh my, this should be a blast to watch

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ooh, it's happening.

Let's see... my initial summer Servant idea would probably best fit the lake, the water park, or the stadium. Feel free if anyone wants to collab or discuss ideas via pm.

Blog Entries
    i added a rule i forgot. Its for the shy ones.

You all can be creative when you are looking for a collab partner. Remember the times when people were looking for partners in newspapers and magazines? Something like that could be a fun idea to get attention.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOO, ABSOLUTE PEAK INBOUND-

(Also my DMs are open)
    Last edited by Vididii; June 25th, 2023 at 01:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ideas are plenty and options are few, but know that I will make the library great again mayhaps I hope
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    For a moment I had a flash of inspiration about a NP that mixes and matches the attributes of its targets... Unfortunately, Barbara Walker is alive...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    You all can be creative when you are looking for a collab partner. Remember the times when people were looking for partners in newspapers and magazines? Something like that could be a fun idea to get attention.
    Looking for: partner who isn't running the contest
    Requirements: someone creative with a sense of humor
    Unnecessary: ASL
    Selling Point: I'm not the freakiest creator, but I still do some weird stuff
    Final Words: I have nothing. I'm more a burden than anything, leeching off your idea.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Looking for: partner who isn't running the contest
    listen here, fucker

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

please talk to me about your OCs Saron's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll slap this down:

I got a couple ideas, mostly for Summerized versions of some of my current Servants, namely a summer variant of my Egyptian Maid but I also have like, several billion ideas it just matters on what my ADHD wants to do at that particular moment. Shoot a PM or reply and I'll try to reply ASAP since I gotta work for most of the day.
    My thirst for Antonio grows by the second.

Man...

I Make Servants, Some Of Which Are Tragedies

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Castellan's Avatar
    Man why does this much cool shit happen while I'm not here.

Blog Entries
    Perhaps I'm being overambitious, but I'm feeling like a short story this time, maybe tied into Flc's non-Servant cast since I have the opportunity because I had a single idea once and I'll sit in it until I'm dead... Of course, I'll be the first to admit that I can be a nightmare to with on the best of days, so I'm going to try to not come up with anything further than that unless someone actively wants to engage with that.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Uhhh... fuck it, we ball.

I'm up to work with pretty much anyone here, and since we got two months, I'm down to clown with multiple people.

In terms of what I bring to the table, I notably have the mythical mystic code of a drawing tablet, so despite lack of quality, that's something, right? I swear I do better when I don't have to design the character completely alone- I like to think I can also somewhat write comedically, so there's that. Y'all know me at this point, I'm rather shallow in these sort of respects.

Also, I'm more than willing to join a group of people for this to work on something, instead of just a duo, if that's easier for people.

Also also, feel free to use any of my servants for whatever purpose-
    Last edited by Vididii; June 25th, 2023 at 03:05 PM.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have an idea for a Servant and multiple connected snippets, like a recurring gag or something along those lines. Again, my pms are open if anyone's interested.

For the Servant, relevant themes are European fine/performing arts, operas, ballets, and... water aerobics? Not sure about the last one yet. I'm working on it.

For the snippets, the theme is much larger, and everyone is free to add an "episode" or two of their own. Just give me some time to cook up the initial premise...

Everyone is also free to use any of my Servants for interactions, snippets, or whatever. Hmu if u wanna bounce off ideas, or if you have any questions about my sheets.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm on the same boat (heh).

If we have family/relatives/remotely connecting Servants, hit me up and we can cook. If we don't and you just need a friend, hit me up anyway.
    I also can be a Master if your (Summer) Servant needs mana battery... It'll be a good exercise, maybe.

We have plenty of time so we can all go slow.

Loving this collab effort, I hope great things come out of it!
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Let's gooo it's finally here

I have too many ideas

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I have an idea but I'm not too passionate about it, I'll probably join one of the people who offered here.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle MuramasaMachII's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would and want to participate, but I'm afraid my rather whack schedule and beginner abilities will probably make me sit out on this one.

Blog Entries
    I'm not 100% sure which of my sheets were best received and what people think are strong points in my sheets, so it's not too easy to figure out what people expect out of me in a contest like this one, but there's no sense in worrying too much about that, really.

Throwing out a few ideas I've been buzzing around but haven't got to writing yet, dm if interested. Or for no reason, that works too.

• I'd like to make a magus with Earth as their only element. I'd also like to make a magus with Wind as their only element. I have basically no other ideas about them other than that, though, lol
    • Voynich Manuscript shenanigans, but probably involving a magus rather a Servant
    • A religious non-Servant character of some kind visiting a place of worship in Serendell
    • More poets and writers as Servants in general
    • A certain Sumerian king - chronologically after Gilgamesh, but not one of his descendants
    • A certain ancient king of a land in the Caucasus
    • A certain Italian poet from the late 1200s - early 1300s with a reputation as a daredevil
    • A certain poet and playwright who also wrote about some canon characters in the early 1500s
    • A certain French neuroscientist who I'd have picked for the latest monthly contest if I could've participated back then
    • A certain Knight of the Round Table, brother of a canon one and companion of a different canon one during the quest for the Grail
    • A member of the court of Henry II and of Henry the Young King who later moved out of England. I've got some pretty fixed ideas about certain parts of this one's sheet, though, including on the main NP, so, that might be too rigid for a contest like this one
    • Otto the Great and more figures relating to his life, like my early sheets for Konrad der Rote and Pope John XII / Octavian of Tusculum, and to the saeculum obscurum in general
    • Modu Chanyu and figures relating to the Xiongnu expansion under him
    • More figures from the Ridda Wars
    • More figures related to Byzantine Iconoclasm
    • Figures from Western Xia
    • Figures from the shift between Goryeo and Joseon in Korea
    • Figures of the Habsburg-Valois Wars of 1494–1559
    • Figures from the Italian Risorgimento
    • A couple characters from the Ulster Cycle
    • Figures relating to the aftermath of the Trojan War
    • Alternate takes on a couple canon Servants (some might be quite taxing to realise, though)

And more!

Of course, I have some ideas as of to how we could tie these to the Serendell setting, too!

...And now I can never play Guess-A-Servant again, nor hope to ever give a disguised prompt in Secret Santa, but hopefully this'll still be worth it
    Last edited by Serra; June 26th, 2023 at 05:33 AM. Reason: typo'd 'Serendell' oops