Page 1 of 13 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Something I've always wondered, is Gilgamesh truly the most broken servant? Could other mythological mortal heroes exceed his threat level as a Servant?

Something I've always wondered, is Gilgamesh truly the most broken servant? Could other mythological mortal heroes exceed his threat level as a Servant?

Off the top of my head, I can't imagine anyone who would be more dangerous as an Archer than Gilgamesh or Iskander as Rider, with the exception of MAYBE Yi the Archer. Can anyone think of any other legendary heroes with a similar or greater potential level of threat when summoned as a Servant? I personally think Sun Wukong/Son Goku summoned as Lancer would make for a pretty interesting matchup for Gil. Even though true Divine Spirits can't be summoned, how would a mortal monkey who grew powerful enough to rampage through the heavens and make the gods themselves cower in fear stack up against servants like Gil or Heracles as a Lancer?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Go to the RP section. Look at some rejected profiles. Shit your pants.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    In order, no, and... yes?

^ that's more because most people don't have a sense of restraint when making up servants. :P

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you want to get technical, Sun Wukong wouldn't be applicable for summoning; he's not a human "hero" in the regular sense, and more importantly, he's not dead.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Gil, King Arthur with Avalon, and a properly-classed Hercules are probably about as good as you're going to get with Servants.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    If you want to get technical, Sun Wukong wouldn't be applicable for summoning; he's not a human "hero" in the regular sense, and more importantly, he's not dead.
    If you think of it like that, neither is King Arthur, he's still on Avalon ;p
    "An A+-Rank in Imagination, a D-Rank in Writing and an E-Rank in Luck ... what could possibly go wrong?"
    Personal Note: Somehow create own RP when/if I get to 2000* Posts ... that won't crash and burn on the first day after weeks of planning.

"Insufficiently analyzed genius is indistinguishable from insanity ... nishishi~"

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    ^^ Mahabharata.

Pretty much all of them. Perhaps with the exception of Bill Gedempoteranik, random extra #76, who appears for just two seconds.

Karna everyone?

Blog Entries
    Fame boost, those guys aren't worldwide.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Karna/Saint George from Fate/Apocrypha would probably give Gil a run for his Money
    "An A+-Rank in Imagination, a D-Rank in Writing and an E-Rank in Luck ... what could possibly go wrong?"
    Personal Note: Somehow create own RP when/if I get to 2000* Posts ... that won't crash and burn on the first day after weeks of planning.

"Insufficiently analyzed genius is indistinguishable from insanity ... nishishi~"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahan View Post
    If you think of it like that, neither is King Arthur, he's still on Avalon ;p
    Well, that's getting into something else entirely. Nasu's answered this, plus contract with the world lulz and stuff.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Isn't the Mahabharata and Ramayana Hugely Popular and important in India?

Blog Entries
    Karna/Saint George from Fate/Apocrypha would probably give Gil a run for his Money
    Karna? Karna is gone. Son of the Sun God? Hi Enkidu. And George is done as soon as a anti-dragon NP comes out.

^ Sure. King Arthur and Herc are cornerstones of the entire western culture. That's quite a bit bigger.

Arjuna and Karna, with their nuke level attacks, Solomon, Nimrod, they should be around the level to tango with Gil.

Well, if you take Enkidu into account...

Blog Entries
    Also, Ea. Nobody else is going to have a NP that comes close to that.

Blog Entries
    George also has Divinity (albeit rather low), so...

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    This is where I come in with my LEET knowledge of Chinese history and mention that he was modeled after an earlier hero (human trickster who stole peaches from the Queen Mother of the West) who was a maybe historical figure. Assuming he is still guaranteed to live his ridiculous life span he still won't be dead but eh, Galahad died in the Nasu version so who knows.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Jesus would trump Gil with sheer OP-ness

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Fame boost, those guys aren't worldwide.
    I'd say debatable.

Plus, consider that, differently from Zeus, Odin & Co., Shiva and the other Hinduism gods are most likely still alive, and their blessings and favors are therefore far more effective.

Blog Entries
    Jesus would trump Gil with sheer OP-ness
    I think the Moon Cell is gonna have trouble summoning God.

^ I can without a doubt say that the Hindu epics are less known than the 12 Labors.

Blog Entries
    Galahad died in the original version, too, except Galahad is Galahad and probably wouldn't want to be a Servant. He's got the Holy Grail and no reason to come back to the world, really.