Thread: Microsoft Sharepoint Designer and/or inserting audio via html

Blog Entries

Microsoft Sharepoint Designer and/or inserting audio via html

I'm trying to place an audio file (.mp3) into my site. I tried looking it up, and I found this tutorial: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sh...102232435.aspx

I tried following it but I can't find the option to insert video or audio under the 'edit' section.

Is anyone experienced enough in html/Sharepoint Designer to help? I only want to insert audio, not the video, and I want it to loop. I know how to insert a video, but I don't want a blank video showing up when I'm only seeking to add sound. I'm also planning on putting the audio in a dynamic web template so that I can just apply it to every page I've already made.

Wouldn't it be under the insert tab?
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Blog Entries
    Tried that also, no luck.

Might not come too much as a surprise really - but could you specify some requirements for that mp3/player type of thing? I might be able to help you with some HTML code. Most of the stuff can be hidden/disabled or put in plain sight, whichever you'd prefer really. Of course, whether or not I actually can depends on the requirements you make of it.

For instance, if this is *just* for HTML5, you could just use the audio-tag and be done with it. XD
    There's some requirements to that of course, depending on the browser you can only use a certain set of file formats. You can check it out here. Obviously this does not work at all in older browsers that simply do not get what the audio tag is, however as is shown on that page, there is a fallback method there too. Shame there's no real webstandard yet for audio and video codecs, that would make things a lot easier. =/

So stuff like, visible controls (or not), playlists, HTML4 compliant, etc etc. I'm not really sure what exactly you're planning to use it on.

Also, one thing I'd like to note: keep in mind if you put it on multiple pages, it will always start playing from the very beginning. It won't recall the position the user was at when swapping pages. You can avoid that problem by unloading old content and loading new content through AJAX requests though. That's more about dynamically altering your page than loading a new one. There's one issue though, Javascript would need to be enabled for it. So you'd still need to figure out a nice fallback for users that have Javascript disabled. I'm also not sure if you even think of this as a problem you'd need/want to fix though. :]

Btw. That particular tutorial you linked does refer to the 'ribbon'. As I don't have this program, am I wrong in thinking it operates like Excel and Word do, with the massive menus up on top? From your screenshot, I'm thinking you're actually opening a menu (normally accessed with ALT button). Correct me if I'm wrong of course. :] *insert notsureifhelps.jpg Just a wild guess, maybe the interface has changed or so? ._.'