Page 1001 of 1344 FirstFirst ... 50190195199199699910001001100210031006101110511101 ... LastLast
Results 20,001 to 20,020 of 26864

Thread: Type-Moon Crossover Idea Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    What about dragon fire?

Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Kaleidoscope-style time travel is simple to understand: it basically just has a "true" time axis that works more-or-less as you would expect, and lets you travel to "past" and "future" set-pieces.

Blue's time alteration appears to be more like, "edit the world's records of history so it corrects things to the way you want them to be"

EDIT: Blargh, I started with a sensible response, and in the course of writing and rewriting my post before posting it, it wound up as something that sounds to me like it came out of nowhere.
    To repeat an unnecessarily complicated example, think of a grid without any horizontal lines. Now, the left over parallel vertical lines are your parallel universes, with most of these lines uneven in length due to each universe's timeline being different from one another. If the image in your head is something along the lines of this(pardon if the lines aren't exactly.. you know, lined up)

l ---
    l l --
    l l l l
    -l l -

It'd be somewhat correct. With that sorta map of the multiverse etched out, let me tell you how Second and the Fifth Magic works. For starters, the Second Magic functions like a dot- time still works normally with this dot, it'll keep moving upwards a line as time continues, just like anything else would- however the Second Magic achieves time traveling because it can move sideways.

With its ability to jump from grid to grid, also accounting the uneven nature of timelines for every universe all one has to do is go to a universe where a specific event hasn't occurred yet. Changing the events would theoretically possible and would lead to two things: 1. Direct affecting that particular universe's future, if we would assume that future isn't set in stone and is actually blank. 2. Will either create a path to another parallel verse where such action has been taken, or a similar result has appeared. I'd like to believe it would be 2, as there'd be little difference between the Fifth and Second if that weren't the case. It's also very ghetto.

The Fifth Magic would essentially be a dot that instead of moving sideways can go up or down. Where the user might not be able to jump across the verses, but can manipulate the timeline itself. The whole ordeal is isolated within a single thread, and so when someone goes to the past using this method, he/she's not going to another universe where the events have yet to happen, but rather going back to the actual past and directly affecting the outcome from there. This is the kind of magic that will totally cause you to get deleted out of existence.

Then again, I could just be babbling nonsense like a crazy person, so take what I said with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Phearo; April 8th, 2014 at 11:04 AM.
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

Blog Entries
    Here is how to explain how they work:

QUICK SOMETHING SHINY SO NASU DOESN'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN!

Everything else is fanon.

Or possibly from Mahoyo.
    Last edited by Siriel; April 8th, 2014 at 11:00 AM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Here is how to explain how they work:

QUICK SOMETHING SHINY SO NASU DOESN'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN!

Everything else is fanon.

Or possibly from Mahoyo.
    This more or less sums it up.

Undefeated of the Keyboard! Proda's Avatar
    I'm copying this from another thread where i wrongly posted it:
    Is this the right place to also discuss ideas for crossover fics? because I Just decided to play Mass Effect 3 again and tought that the Aristoteles would make for very interesting additions to the Reaper fleet, any ideas about that?
    I am the seat of my chair
    Wood is my body and foam rubber is my blood
    I have built over one thousand chairs
    Unknown to sofas
    Nor known to beds
    have withstood pain to build many chairs
    and yet those chairs will never be liked by Shiki Tohno
    So as i pray:
    "UNLIMITED CHAIR WORKS!"

Blog Entries
    I don't really see why you would want to give more to the Reapers, considering that they're already in such an impossibly advantageous position that the only way to defeat them is on their terms.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Because The Crucible didn't quite make sense to me and I'd rather have the reaper defeated by a race of superbeing than a random superweapon that defies logic.
    I made a Typo i meant AGAINST the reapers, the reapers want to erase pretty much any advanced spacefaring race and they strip mine and destroy life on inhabited planets, I can't see how the Aristoteles can let them do it to their own planets since they are the embodiments of a planet itself.
    Last edited by Proda; April 9th, 2014 at 05:36 PM.
    Unknown to sofas
    Nor known to beds
    So as i pray:
    "UNLIMITED CHAIR WORKS!"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    TYPEs aren't the embodiment, they are the strongest possible creature on that planet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Proda View Post
    I made a Typo i meant AGAINST the reapers, the reapers want to erase pretty much any advanced spacefaring race and they strip mine and destroy life on inhabited planets, I can't see how the Aristoteles can let them do it to their own planets since they are the embodiments of a planet itself.
    The TYPEs would probably cheer the Reapers on, actually. Species like humans are parasites.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    TYPEs aren't the embodiment, they are the strongest possible creature on that planet.
    Ok guess I misremembered, but still I think they'd have all the reasons to fight the damn Reapers.

- - - Updated - - -

The TYPEs would probably cheer the Reapers on, actually. Species like humans are parasites.
    With the destroying advanced life bit ok but the rest i don't think so.
    Unknown to sofas
    Nor known to beds
    So as i pray:
    "UNLIMITED CHAIR WORKS!"

Blog Entries
    With the destroying advanced life bit ok but the rest i don't think so.
    That's all Reapers do.

They don't harm the planets themselves, because the ecosystem is required for the return of organic life so the cycle can continue.
    O piteous Wanderer.

They remove all resources and cause damage to the ecosystem tough, they tried to spray poison into Tuchanka from the Shroud to kill the Krogans! or am I misremembering again? (it's been more than a year since I last played ME)
    Unknown to sofas
    Nor known to beds
    So as i pray:
    "UNLIMITED CHAIR WORKS!"

Blog Entries
    I dunno, it could be interesting. Like Siri's saying your main problem would be figuring out how to work them in, what they'd do. Also why in balls would they not have helped in any of the previous cycles?

Blog Entries
    They remove all resources and cause damage to the ecosystem tough, they tried to spray poison into Tuchanka from the Shroud to kill the Krogans! or am I misremembering again? (it's been more than a year since I last played ME)
    Types are so lazy that they don't take action against humanity until the planet is flat-out dead, but you think they'll react against a poison sprayed to kill intelligent species?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if the Reapers really decided that it's killing time there's not much the Types can do against bombardment from the other side of the solar system or the sun going supernova or the likes.
    O piteous Wanderer.

A good bit of that stuff doesn't really mean anything to Types, in the end they pretty much just hate on stuff. Like, unless they were planning on harming the actual planet, I don't see them doing more than chilling out and watching with a bag of popcorn.

and sniped

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah giant death robots from space killing off annoying lesser species is literally a TYPE's wet dream.

In Previous Cycles there was no spacefaring race who extensively colonized the Sol system, Protheans had just a research facility on mars to observe us, Known TYPEs are all from the Sol system, one can argue that they might exist on other planets too, true, but if they did, why did TYPE Tuchanka not kill the Krogans for all the nuclear wars and pollution that pretty much destroyed their planet? AFAIK they live on a pretty much dead planet like the one of Notes. Am I right?

- - - Updated - - -

Types are so lazy that they don't take action against humanity until the planet is flat-out dead, but you think they'll react against a poison sprayed to kill intelligent species?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if the Reapers really decided that it's killing time there's not much the Types can do against bombardment from the other side of the solar system or the sun going supernova or the likes.
    hmmm you're right on the not acting until it's too late thing let's leave it at that and don't mention it again then.
    Unknown to sofas
    Nor known to beds
    So as i pray:
    "UNLIMITED CHAIR WORKS!"

Blog Entries
    AFAIK they live on a pretty much dead planet like the one of Notes. Am I right?
    No, you can tell because there are still living things on the planet.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Though never outright confirmed, it's heavily implied that the Reapers have opted for complete orbital bombardment in the past in order to eliminate sentient races, possibly because their populations are too small to be converted into even a small Reaper. During the last cycle Tosal Nym and Aphras, two garden worlds in the same system, were both subject to orbital bombardments that left nothing larger than single-celled organisms. The latter only had a Bronze Age civilization, a level the Asari were apparently at around the same time.

The most likely relationship I see here is that the TYPEs have never been detected by the Reapers before, and never bothered to get involved in matters. During the most recent cycle, maybe due to the existence of Gaia and Alaya causing them to become more active, the Reapers cotton onto them and determined that the TYPEs, not being prone to creating AI, are decent enough abominations.

Blog Entries
    Alaya doesn't affect Types.

Otherwise, yeah, there's really no reason for the Reapers or the Types to get into conflict. Types don't care about most things, the Reapers only care if organics use technology.
    O piteous Wanderer.