Page 1002 of 1344 FirstFirst ... 2502902952992997100010011002100310041007101210521102 ... LastLast
Results 20,021 to 20,040 of 26864

Thread: Type-Moon Crossover Idea Thread

Undefeated of the Keyboard! Proda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    No, you can tell because there are still living things on the planet.
    You mean Flora and fauna? living things alone wouldn't really qualify, humans are living things and yet they surviving the Earth makes the Aristoteles pretty much pissed.
    Well yeah crappy as it is Tuchanka STILL has some indigenous flora and fauna.
    I am the seat of my chair
    Wood is my body and foam rubber is my blood
    I have built over one thousand chairs
    Unknown to sofas
    Nor known to beds
    have withstood pain to build many chairs
    and yet those chairs will never be liked by Shiki Tohno
    So as i pray:
    "UNLIMITED CHAIR WORKS!"

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Proda View Post
    Because The Crucible didn't quite make sense to me and I'd rather have the reaper defeated by a race of superbeing than a random superweapon that defies logic.
    I made a Typo i meant AGAINST the reapers, the reapers want to erase pretty much any advanced spacefaring race and they strip mine and destroy life on inhabited planets, I can't see how the Aristoteles can let them do it to their own planets since they are the embodiments of a planet itself.
    There are less than a dozen known Ultimate Ones, each one strong enough life-wipe Earth of the current humanity on its own. Now compare Mass Effect, there are thousands of each Reaper ship type, each armed with beam with a yield varying from 132-450 kilotons of TNT for each shot; normal Citadel races dreadnoughts only output 38 kilotons per shot every two seconds. In Mass Effect 1 it takes an entire defense fleet made up of an entire collection of space faring species just to take down a Sovereign-class Reaper while it was busy.

Guess who wins?
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Blog Entries
    You mean Flora and fauna? living things alone wouldn't really qualify, humans are living things and yet they surviving the Earth makes the Aristoteles pretty much pissed.
    Humans aren't part of Gaia, that's why it refuses to have parasites survive it's death at their hands. Other forms of life is a sign that the planet is still alive.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Quote Originally Posted by IhaxlikeNoob View Post
    There are less than a dozen known Ultimate Ones, each one strong enough life-wipe Earth of the current humanity on its own. Now compare Mass Effect, there are thousands of each Reaper ship type, each armed with beam with a yield varying from 132-450 kilotons of TNT for each shot; normal Citadel races dreadnoughts only output 38 kilotons per shot every two seconds. In Mass Effect 1 it takes an entire defense fleet made up of an entire collection of space faring species just to take down a Sovereign-class Reaper while it was busy.

Guess who wins?
    Yep, only those from the SOL system are known, I meant that there might be others, it might not be much, but in addition to the galactic fleet it'd be something I guess, but anyway, I might have overestimated them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Humans aren't part of Gaia, that's why it refuses to have parasites survive it's death at their hands. Other forms of life is a sign that the planet is still alive.
    Not part of gaia =/= not living.
    They're not part of gaia inasmuch as they act against its self preservation, originally they were part of it too.

Anyway i got your point and you were right.
    Unknown to sofas
    Nor known to beds
    So as i pray:
    "UNLIMITED CHAIR WORKS!"

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    Didn't the fic "King under the mountain" already do this premise with Alaya summoning every hero against the Reapers when they invaded Earth. It was a great read and ended with Gilgamesh for all intents and purposes soloing the Reapers with Ea for having the audacity of tools rising against their betters.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

So Live your life, you only get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Yeah but seika wrote it and seika is dead.

Who was this seika guy you mentioned?
    Unknown to sofas
    Nor known to beds
    So as i pray:
    "UNLIMITED CHAIR WORKS!"

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    The guy who wrote it. I said that in my post.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Who was this seika guy you mentioned?
    Reblog this post if you still remember Seika.

#RIP

I was asking to receive a bit more info so as to better locate and then read that fanfic :P
    Unknown to sofas
    Nor known to beds
    So as i pray:
    "UNLIMITED CHAIR WORKS!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post

#RIP
    *Country Preacher Likes this post*
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries

#RIP
    Did Seika actually die, or just disappear from BL?

Yeah, what happened? I've been around long enough to hear OF Seika but I never knew her. Also someone dieing still isn't an excuse to act like she never existed, she wrote a kickass story so I brought it up when it sounded like someone was going to retread it.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiNeko View Post
    Did Seika actually die, or just disappear from BL?
    Literally dead.

Or just you know, busy with other stuff being a college student finishing out a degree and pursuing other interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai Burnout View Post
    Didn't the fic "King under the mountain" already do this premise with Alaya summoning every hero against the Reapers when they invaded Earth. It was a great read and ended with Gilgamesh for all intents and purposes soloing the Reapers with Ea for having the audacity of tools rising against their betters.
    Yes it was basically a one sided stomp (these stories almost universally make for terrible fics, yet I somehow still read them; perplexing no?) with the heroes beating the shit out of the Reapers, and I liked it for what it was, a story made by Seika.

However, in retropect the one curb-stomping was the wrong faction, making the fic completely inaccurate. Saber slaying multiple Reaper ships with an Excaliblast? Mcjon disproved that she can even mountain-bust, and the Excaliblast radius isn't big enough to accommodate more than one. Then there's Gilgamesh soloing Reapers when in actuality all they have to do is train all their weapons on him and fire, that would deal with him fairly easily. As overpowered as Gilgamesh and likable as Gil is he won't come out on top; it's an entire race vs an individual.

Tl;dr
    Sci-fi power levels >>>>>>>>>>>>> Fantasy power levels.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Wasn't the reason for the stomp the fact that machines have literally no defense against conceptual weapons like Caladbolg twisting space with no regard for what is inside or Gil and his endless armory with such weapons. Even then there were many heroes who still couldn't do shit and had to deal with the minions like poor Jeane.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes it was basically a one sided stomp (these stories almost universally make for terrible fics, yet I somehow still read them; perplexing no?) with the heroes beating the shit out of the Reapers, and I liked it for what it was, a story made by Seika.

However, in retropect the one curb-stomping was the wrong faction, making the fic completely inaccurate. Saber slaying multiple Reaper ships with an Excaliblast? Mcjon disproved that she can even mountain-bust, and the Excaliblast radius isn't big enough to accommodate more than one. Then there's Gilgamesh soloing Reapers when in actuality all they have to do is train all their weapons on him and fire, that would deal with him fairly easily. As overpowered as Gilgamesh and likable as Gil is he won't come out on top; it's an entire race vs an individual.

Tl;dr
    Powerlevels should not be the measure by which a story is measured.

Besides the Servants in her fic are fully incarnated, not stuck in shitty Servant containers. Regardless, that's probably not enough to make up the difference, but handwaves can be handwaves.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    1) Power Levels are stupid
    2) This honestly depends on the Verse

Powerlevels should not be the measure by which a story is measured.
    But I'm not measuring how good the story is with that, despite the inaccuracies I like King Under The Mountain anyway.

Besides the Servants in her fic are fully incarnated, not stuck in shitty Servant containers. Regardless, that's probably not enough to make up the difference, but handwaves can be handwaves.
    I doubt there are any incarnated Heroic Spirits that can survive a beam with 10-30 times greater energy yield than the Hiroshima nuke coming every 4 seconds or so.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fairly sure Saika said that most heroic spirits are actually losing their fights. Due to having no way to fight something the size of the reapers.

It is the uber ones like the knights of the round table, Gil, and Cu + Fergus that are capable of doing shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?