Page 1235 of 1344 FirstFirst ... 2357351135118512251230123312341235123612371240124512851335 ... LastLast
Results 24,681 to 24,700 of 26864

Thread: Type-Moon Crossover Idea Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Gilles, not particularly stellar example of magical prowess that he is, was capable of doing the classic scrying with a crystal ball.
    So he does. Good memory.

In such a darkness, there was a sphere that shone with a white light like the full moon viewed from beneath the water surface.
    It was a crystal globe the size of a ball of yarn. The translucent, faint light came from the images floating within it.

Rubbles piled like mountains. A desolate nightscape. Yet this scenario was not present at the beginning. The current image of complete destruction was not present twenty minutes ago as it was simply emptiness. Behind its back, the crystal ball projected and recorded every detail.

Also, the two VIPs who saw all of the fighting. The dim light from the crystal ball illuminated the pair’s faces as both of their visages expressed unusual joy at the sight of destruction.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Now quite an awkward question its a bit premature considering the state of the fic but is it within the realms of possibility that Saber is able to have children?

Everyone did say she had all the "mundane" aspects of a human body even with a servants body. This question is more or less for the far distant future of this fic I just want to harden up the plot a bit and having a family is generally the kind of thing people do when living their lives.

Obviously consdering how long a HGW actually takes its probably something thats never needed to be dealt with. Is it more or less up to my discretion whether it is in fact possible or not?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I don't remember much off the top of my head. If you want to know about some present condition of the world in the Nasuverse, you generally seem to research it or go look (perhaps by familiar proxy, or by some method of enhancing your gaze like Kenaz/Fujino's Clairvoyance/Archer's farsight, but even so). Actually divining the future has more examples, like Rakkyo's bomber and Seo, or Cú's prophetic Druid, or Merlin's showing Artoria the end of her reign before she pulls out Caliburn, or Artoria's star-reading.
    more stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by apo
    Generally, there are two methods where thaumaturgy can allow one to see far-off things. The first is remote viewing - using a crystal ball, a mirror or such to observe a distant location. As long as there is some form of medium you can observe the outside even from the safety of your own workshop. Hence, most magi have mastery of this type of thaumaturgy.

The other is by using a familiar - creating a pseudo-living being by modifying a small animal or organism. By joining the causal lines between master and familiar, one can share its five senses. This is also considered a basic type of thaumaturgy for most magi.

Blog Entries
    More or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    more stuff.
    True but I was wanting to avoid having physical evidence lying around of Illya doing her snooping thats why she tried to do a classic scrying. But she's not having much success with it, the range it too limited for what she wants.

What kind of range do high level familiar's have, could they spy in another city...another country for example?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You get your puppet on a plane to Snowfield.
    You stay in your Clocktower workshop and see what's up with Snowfield.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Benevolent Scriber View Post
    Obviously consdering how long a HGW actually takes its probably something thats never needed to be dealt with. Is it more or less up to my discretion whether it is in fact possible or not?
    Until we get a description as to whether Saber suffers periods or not, make all the babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Until we get a description as to whether Saber suffers periods or not, make all the babies.
    This comment and your new avatar... uh.

(What's the source of that, btw?)

Could Illya cast a geas over someone? Its for a plot I'm designing atm.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    That's essentially what happens when she binds Shirou to her as a familiar in the Bad Ends 16 and 17, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Forming contracts is another one of the basics of magecraft.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    She can but even if she can't.
    WISHCRAFT.

Isn't a geis supposed to be voluntary?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    That's essentially what happens when she binds Shirou to her as a familiar in the Bad Ends 16 and 17, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Forming contracts is another one of the basics of magecraft.
    Thank you, :3 Illya will have a pet blood mage soon!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    They are ultimately, contracts. Magical or not. And we all know how well often people are not tricked or forced into one.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    "A curse of coercion… Is it like the Command Spell for a Servant?"
    "Yes, but it's not almighty.
    Binding you would be the most it can do, and I can't force you to do anything that has to do with your life. It'll be effective for the duration of the Holy Grail War. That's fine, right?"

"Oh… Yeah, that's fine."
    "Then close your eyes. Don't move your body or your Magic Circuit."
    Maybe only voluntary for Magi.

How much prana would you say Illya has compared to Saber? I'm not sure how to rate them against each other. I mean Saber is supposed to have something like 1200-1300 units of prana with Shirou as a master but she has the power of a dragon. This dwarfs Shirou's power by 100 fold.

I'm honestly a bit confused. Does Illya have more reserves than Saber or not? Not to say that one is more powerful this is just a reserves comparison.

Btw about the geis Illya has mystic eyes of binding would that help her do an involuntary one?
    Last edited by Benevolent Scriber; March 25th, 2015 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    The 1200-1300 is just a rough estimate and arai will cry if you use it seriously.
    Its literally just to decide what to say when a mage is sensing their power. For Saber it was simple but for Illya I can't decide whether to say its equal greater or less. I'm using Saber as the bench mark of this mage's analysis.
    Last edited by Benevolent Scriber; March 25th, 2015 at 05:49 PM.