Page 1336 of 1344 FirstFirst ... 3368361236128613261331133413351336133713381341 ... LastLast
Results 26,701 to 26,720 of 26864

Thread: Type-Moon Crossover Idea Thread

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That second quote is making me wonder about the Tsuki cast now. Arc is 4x a servant and can drop a moon on people. Shiki is a hamster on crack that can cut anything. Akiha is squishy but can drain energy. Ciel is fuctionally immortal with a holy pile bunker and sword that resisct movement. Nero is also basically immortal even if his specific brand of bullshit is useless. Sion can hack computers and people from half a town away and has the Black Barrel. Aoko is bullshit magical powers incarnate.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    That second quote is making me wonder about the Tsuki cast now. Arc is 4x a servant and can drop a moon on people. Shiki is a hamster on crack that can cut anything. Akiha is squishy but can drain energy. Ciel is fuctionally immortal with a holy pile bunker and sword that resisct movement. Nero is also basically immortal even if his specific brand of bullshit is useless. Sion can hack computers and people from half a town away and has the Black Barrel. Aoko is bullshit magical powers incarnate.
    Of the 5 humans there, only Ciel & Aoko could possibly take on Servants. And even then IIRC it's at best defensively. And only for a short bit. For Ciel I mean

Sion, Shiki, & Akiha are probably more like Rin in not being able to do much.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Of the 5 humans there, only Ciel & Aoko could possibly take on Servants. And even then IIRC it's at best defensively. And only for a short bit. For Ciel I mean

Sion, Shiki, & Akiha are probably more like Rin in not being able to do much.
    I mean you say that, but Akiha is pretty stronk as long as she has a Meido around to anchor her to sanity while she uses her powers.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Of the 5 humans there, only Ciel & Aoko could possibly take on Servants. And even then IIRC it's at best defensively. And only for a short bit. For Ciel I mean Sion, Shiki, & Akiha are probably more like Rin in not being able to do much.
    Not against Servants, that's been done to death. I'm wondering about them against the Knightmares. Since all of them have some quirk which would make them effective against giant robots.

Has there ever been a Code Geass/Fate crossover where CC is replaced by Ciel? Both were experimented on because of their immortality.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I don't think that'd work. I'm not sure Ciel could quite play the same part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Not against Servants, that's been done to death. I'm wondering about them against the Knightmares. Since all of them have some quirk which would make them effective against giant robots.

Has there ever been a Code Geass/Fate crossover where CC is replaced by Ciel? Both were experimented on because of their immortality.
    Also, about the Knightmares, could any of them actually match the speed of Knightmares so as to actually use their powers? I know Shiki could likely just cut the line of life of the Yggdrassil drive, but who knows whether that's actually practical?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I mean you say that, but Akiha is pretty stronk as long as she has a Meido around to anchor her to sanity while she uses her powers.
    Would she really be that capable against Knightmares here? Aren't they rather too fast for her to do anything against them?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Akiha would probably have to be an ambush fighter. Get the drop on them and suck them dry. Shiki would work as long as it's a relatively enclosed space for crazy ninja shit, bouncing off walls and killing legs/arms. Knightmares seem to be fine in a straight away or circle strafing, but enclosed they're pretty limited, like in that Hotel Tunnel. So barring a Suzaku, enhanced humans shouldn't be too hamstrung.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    What would be more fun would be getting enhanced humans their own Frames.

I feel like Ciel for example would make a heck of a Pilot.

What would be more fun would be getting enhanced humans their own Frames.

I feel like Ciel for example would make a heck of a Pilot.
    For sure, that would be way more fun. It would also be overkill, but still fun, if Servants became pilots as well, especially if Berserkerlot somehow got his hands on a Knight Giga Fortress.

Also, there is the chance for supernatural powers being channeled through a Knightmare because in Akito of the Exiled, that does happen. Akito's Berserker rage is transferred to the rest of the W-0 pilots, and later Leila's Geass is I think transmitted across the W-0's systems.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    The more I read into the Lost Belt and Time travel bullshit on FGO, the more convinced Nasu must have a really big stash of weed hidden somewhere.

I kind of miss the tranquility of the routes now.

One momiento por favor...

Q: How strong are Servants?
    Nasu: Well you see, attack power is about the same as one fighter. A fighter has way too much power for one person too stand up against, but to destroy one city they'll have to refuel many times. But what makes these guys dangerous is that since they're spiritual bodies, regular weapons won't work against them. As far as destructive power goes, there are more numerous powerful weapons among modern ones, but as normal weapons won't do a thing to them, they're among the most powerful. Anyway, just as fighters can load a nuclear warhead, they each have their own Noble Phantasms and among the Servants there are ones that have ridiculously powerful ones. That's why when I meant strength being the same as a fighter I thought it would be easier to image.

Oh and, if I were to say it in a sort of non-serious way, they'd be 1/4th of Tsukihime's Arcueid I suppose? The strength of one I mean. Against one Servant, Arc would probably win, but against two, while Arc's having trouble against the one, the other could get behind her and nail her... maybe.
    I'm re-reading the first part of the quote, and as far as I see it, the fighter-Servant comparison is only to be referred to explain "a normal human vs Servant = a normal human vs fighter jet".

Non that Servant = Fighter Jet.

So no, Knightmare Frames, unless channelling Mystic haxx, have the same problem as mundane weapons vs Servants: they do too little damage to truly matter.

Oh, flying Knightmares, VOTL, and the rare jet fighters are relatively safer than they land-bound counterparts against Servants that lack long-range attack options... but considering the amount of Sabers that have sword-beaums; the Archers that are literally one-men-mobile artillery pieces; the Caster and their bullshit magic haxxes; the Assassins that, in a conventional warfare theatre, are at home killing from the shadows the enemies' leaders, tacticians and so on; the Riders with their equally haxx trump cards (ex: Medusa. Pegasus can go supersonic and if she remove her Breaker Gorgon any normie exposed to her sight become a lifelike lawn ornament. Army killer designation yay?); some of the Lancers are equally able to wreack havoc even against flying targets (Gae Bolg in the anti-army mode for example) and to conclude the 'Seven Standard Classes' the Berserkers are simply too crazy/stubborn to simply quit and/or have Noble Phantasm that make putting them down an hard affair...

Let's say, in a crossover scenario where Start-of-the-R1!Lelouch get one of the Hassan-i-Sabbah plus Command Seals (and a plot-gifted way to sustain said Hassan) as his Servant Assassin.

First, even an Assassin, the so-called 'weakest class', is neverless able to slaughter normies like the standard Britannian infantrymen as they were cattle. So the squad that in canon had the dubious honor to be the first test subject of Lelouch's newly received Geass is neverless doomed to die.

Villetta? Ok, it is harder to get IFFs codes without the bullshit that is Geass, but I highly doubt an Hassan would not have the means to 'convice' her to talk and be truthful.

And, after laying the smackdown on Clovis and the troops under him, after things calmed down... can we say "By the order of this Command Seal, I order you to take to me the head of the one that killed my mother."?
    Last edited by MWkillkenny84; February 13th, 2019 at 05:47 AM.
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Perchè immaginiamo?, ci chiedono.
    E perchè no?, è la risposta più adatta.
    Almeno, questo è ciò che credo io.

Spoiler:

CASTER FAN, and PROUD of it!!!!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWkillkenny84 View Post
    One momiento por favor...

I'm re-reading the first part of the quote, and as far as I see it, the fighter-Servant comparison is only to be referred to explain "a normal human vs Servant = a normal human vs fighter jet".

Non that Servant = Fighter Jet.
    The first line says that Servant attack power is roughly the same as that [the attack power] of a Fighter jet
    And then goes on to say like a fighter jet taking down a town means refueling a lot.
    He goes on to say that it's an easy to understand image because well, he says in the first sentence that a Servant attack power is roughly the same as a fighter jet.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    The first line says that Servant attack power is roughly the same as that [the attack power] of a Fighter jet
    And then goes on to say like a fighter jet taking down a town means refueling a lot.
    He goes on to say that it's an easy to understand image because well, he says in the first sentence that a Servant attack power is roughly the same as a fighter jet.
    If that was the case, what the fuck use has the Human Order for the Servant Summoning System agains Beast-level menaces when modern armies can field 'Servant-tier war machines' aka Fighter Jets by the hundreds?

Learn to read between the lines and the the use of 'methaporical comparisons' before talking high and mighty.
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Perchè immaginiamo?, ci chiedono.
    E perchè no?, è la risposta più adatta.
    Almeno, questo è ciò che credo io.

Spoiler:

CASTER FAN, and PROUD of it!!!!

Blog Entries
    Settle down MWK, don’t get punchy when arguing, it doesn’t make your case look stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

I personally agree that most Knightmares likely wouldn't be able to harm Servants because mundane weapon, but it'd be easy to finesse some of the high-tier ones as having some magical ore in their cores or something to make them capable of fighting Servants. Also, I wonder if Gil could pull out some magical super Knightmare prototype from the GoB?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I've always thought if there was a big enough threat, and he was feeling fun enough, he'd pull the Original Golden Mech out of GoB. Sit or stand on its head like the fabulous bastard he is, and then get mad when he's knocked off by something slightly out of his expectations.

In my head, it looks like a Dwemer Centurion.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I've always thought if there was a big enough threat, and he was feeling fun enough, he'd pull the Original Golden Mech out of GoB. Sit or stand on its head like the fabulous bastard he is, and then get mad when he's knocked off by something slightly out of his expectations.

It'd probably be named Humbaba too.

So how would Cosmos from Saint Seiya work within the context of the Nasuverse?

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Let's be economic for a second and boil it down to simpler terms: A Servant = Fighter Jet Squadron.

If we were to strip Servants of Haxxor rubbish and spiritual pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo and run them according to the laws of physics only, you'd essentially have someone with the output of a dozen fighter jets and perhaps two tactical nukes.

Let's be honest, if Cthulhu was anything to go by, by raw physical force, Castle Bravo probably exceeds Excalibur.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post

Gilgamesh has the original Dragonrend, fresh from the minds of the original Blades long before they ruined it by using it. Mongrels.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWkillkenny84 View Post
    If that was the case, what the fuck use has the Human Order for the Servant Summoning System agains Beast-level menaces when modern armies can field 'Servant-tier war machines' aka Fighter Jets by the hundreds?

Learn to read between the lines and the the use of 'methaporical comparisons' before talking high and mighty.
    If you insist.
    In awe, Waver viewed Rider in a new light. Precisely because he is a magus, he understands the destructive power of the Noble Phantasm in front of him. Compared to a modern day weapon, that would rival a strategic bomber. He would transform the whole Shinto area into scorched earth if he was left wild for not even an hour.
    As this was an unavoidable decision, the result guided her to yet another dilemma.

By good command of footwork as a Servant, Saber would be able to rival a jet fighter in speed and galloped on top of the water. However, this vast river surface, with no obstacles at all, was undoubtedly the best hunting ground for the black knight who strafed down from the air above.

The bullets pouring out like torrential rain swept behind the galloping Saber, missing her by a hair, and scattered raging sheets of water like the streams of an upward waterfall.

Regardless of the size of the caliber, something on the level of mere cannon shells pose no threat to Servants at all. This is especially so with Saber, whose physical abilities would allow her to evade them with no difficulty, and even deflect the shots back with the blade of her sword if she wanted to. However – no matter how extraordinary the Heroic Spirit may be, the 12,000 rounds-per-minute of the pride of America's General Electric, the M61 autocannon, presented an unmanageable amount of shots. Worse yet, as a weapon carrying the properties of a Noble Phantasm due to Berserker’s prana, a single shot would instantly be fatal.
    No, the word "arrow" is an understatement.
    It's like a barrage from a machine gun, and each shot could pierce through rocks.
    Eight shots of that.
    It should be able to mow down houses, but…
    We see above that the scope of Servant attacks are well within the bounds of fighter jets and their weaponary. And a Noble Phantasm classified as a "nuke" in that Q and A as that of a strategic bomber. It seems the analogy is more than just a mere metaphor when we have in-text examples of direct comparisons.

As the comment about the Human Order and Beasts. We've clearly seen that the Human Order doesn't just send out Servants. It sends out Grands or something Grand level is required to counter the Beasts. We see this with Solomon and we see this with King Hassan. We are told in London that the Saint Graphs for normal Servants don't compare to this. And there's the now infamous q and a
    Q: About the power comparison between Arc and Servants, would the Arc being compared be the 30% one or the full one?

A: That would be the 30% Arc. It takes 7 Counter Guardians to control the Primate Murder and the Servants of the Grail War are based on these.
    That we now attribute what is referred to as "Guardian" here no longer as a CG but as the Grands.

That is to say, the Human Order itself has no use for the Servant Summoning system because it's something humans invented. What protects the Human Order is the Heroic Spirit Summoning system, the summoning of Grands which are much greater than Servants.

The results were as expected.
    It appears that the Spirit Manifestation Ritual — Heroic Spirit Summoning — was originally intended to gather seven powers against a single great force.
    There is absolutely no way that the seven Heroic Spirits were meant to fight each other.
    Heroic Spirit Summoning and the Holy Grail War are rituals that use the same system, but they fall under different “genres,” so to speak.
    The Holy Grail War ritual was designed for the benefit of human magi.
    In contrast, its basis, Heroic Spirit Summoning, was originally intended to throw humanity’s seven greatest heroes against a single, titanic foe.
    This portion of it was distorted in the Holy Grail War of Fuyuki.
    Yeah. Originally, only seven Heroic Spirits were meant to be summoned, and any after that…
    Well, in any case, we’re a bunch of cheap, useful familiars.
    Of course. I just thought about the factors driving Heroic Spirit Summoning.
    For discussion’s sake, if we’re summoned into conventional Saint Graphs, or Classes, by a derivation of the system…
    Just how incredible were the Saint Graphs that the original seven received?
    Last edited by You; February 13th, 2019 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.