Page 1341 of 1344 FirstFirst ... 341841124112911331133613391340134113421343 ... LastLast
Results 26,801 to 26,820 of 26864

Thread: Type-Moon Crossover Idea Thread

死者 Corpse
    Hey, thanks a lot for a reply! I really appreciate it!

I think I heard of Tarkin's fist, will definitely read it, thanks for recommendation.

I thougth about Root=The Force a lot before reaching decision to post about it, and I think you are precisely correct about general manifistations of the Force being more like Kara no Kyoukai Psychics. That's was actually part of developed backstory in my headcanon.

One of the point in story is that Nasuverse magic is not Jedi powers, but developed by local mages way to manupulate magical/Force energy without acual direct control over it. Without sensing the Root, mages of Earth lost their abilities to control magical/Force energy through willpower and focus, and instead need to rely on magecraft and ect.

Also, Magecraft of Earth in it's nature share simularities with Magic of Sith, Dathomir or other ones. They sort of bend the reality to perform "unnatural" mysteries, often without direct control over the mystery itself from the Force user. It is considered "Dark Side" by Jedi Order, but de facto such manipulations of the Force in SWL canon is not always DS, as in case with Dathomir Witches' Arts. Because Jedi instead kinda "worship" the Force and don't even use it without actually good reason, bending it to someone's will contradict their core beliefs, and any magic or alchemy (even those that don't use negative emotions) is viewed as unnatural and Dark Side. The difference is that Earth's Magecraft is limited by local consciousness of World, while magics outside Earth are defined by Force itself.

So, you could say that Jedi and modern mages approach the Force through completely different perspectives, that's part of the reason why their abilities and powers are different now. In turn, it does not make mages Dark Side. Without sensing the Force/Root, there is no concept of LS/DS in mage society, as sides of the Force can't affect them directly as well.

But here is interesting thing - ancient Jedi were experimenting with that, but because of clash with their philosophy it caused Fisrt and Secons Schisms, where groups left the order to study Force as they see fit. So, while some survivors of Shisms would settle on Korriban, what if another group stumble upon planet that offers perfect place to hide and practice their art? That's basically what I had in mind for origin of ancient mages on Earth in my story (don't bay for my blood pls )

But after this group found that their sensitivity to the Force is diminishing, they started to search for ways to bring it back. Here is where the idea of "reaching the Root" is born and passed through generations, with it's initial meaning partly lost in time. On the other hand, experiments with genetics and mutation are started, as one of the way to bring back sensitivity to Force. It could be how Psychics are come to be, as their mutations allow them to percieve and directly control to great extent limited parts of mysteries that would come from Force/Root.

So, this is what I have in mind for now.

I honestly have no idea which forum on Nasuverse is more populated now, but I heard good things about this one and that's why I decied to post here. And considering ongoing turbulence in SW Fandom, I keep myself outside of it's forums for now.

Share what you think about it, I'm always happy to discuss ideas.
    Last edited by Newbie99; January 27th, 2020 at 03:20 PM.

Sounds good!

There's actually a recent post that you may want to check out. It's really good.

Anyone ever made a crossover between Fate and FMA Brotherhood? I just finished reading a really good one named "In Exchange For a Miracle". The lores mesh really well and the interaction between characters are amazing. I am suprised there is not much crossover between fate and FMA, considering the similarity between The Truth and The Roots.

Speaking of I finally got my fanfic out, currently 3 chapters + an interlude
    check it out if you’d be so kind https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...#post-63885134

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Neat. The first two chapters were alright, though my YYH knowledge is from the early parts mostly I followed it pretty easy. The last two though were pretty good, and brought in my two favourite Oni. All that's missing from the Oni squad now is Raikou.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死者 Corpse
    Thanks The Name of Love, it's a really good source for some fact checking.)

This article actually talks about several nuiances that always bothered me in fanfics, one of those is perseption of Shirou's whole life is a "sword" or Zeltrech being a "troll", which is often exaggerated too much.

死者 Corpse
    Hey Urameshi Yūsuke, I've checked it and it looks quite interesting to me.

While I'm personally not a fan of Grand Order and haven't read Yu Yu Hakusho, I like your style of writing. You transition from the narrative point of view to dialogs very naturally.
    More importantly, when I read your story - I get a good grasp on several things at one time - description of surroundings (where the story is going on), character (their looks, their actions, emotions, motivations) and ongoing story from outsider's perspective. You mix them quite well, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Neat. The first two chapters were alright, though my YYH knowledge is from the early parts mostly I followed it pretty easy. The last two though were pretty good, and brought in my two favourite Oni. All that's missing from the Oni squad now is Raikou.
    Glad you enjoyed it, I admit the first chapter is kinda bad, since it only really establishes Shuten and Yusukes dynamic, rather the story proper, but I'm getting better I feel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie99 View Post
    Hey Urameshi Yūsuke, I've checked it and it looks quite interesting to me.

While I'm personally not a fan of Grand Order and haven't read Yu Yu Hakusho, I like your style of writing. You transition from the narrative point of view to dialogs very naturally.
    More importantly, when I read your story - I get a good grasp on several things at one time - description of surroundings (where the story is going on), character (their looks, their actions, emotions, motivations) and ongoing story from outsider's perspective. You mix them quite well, in my opinion.
    Maybe the best praise I've gotten thus far, which isn't to say people haven't given good feedback, but it is really nice to hear that despite lacking information of either settings, someone can still enjoy my story, and give me positive feedback, but you know what you have do, right?
    Thats right, go on and hope on the YYH train!

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    Speaking of I finally got my fanfic out, currently 3 chapters + an interlude
    check it out if you’d be so kind https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...#post-63885134
    I know frankly nothing about YYH, so I'm sorry that I can't follow it, but still, congrats!

Speaking of, after abandoning my ambitious post-UBW x JJBA Part VI x FSF crossover, I'm trying to bring it back, albeit rather reworked/reformulated after reading/watching more Case Files, reading the Case Files mats provided by TwilightsCall, and finally making headway through Heaven's Feel.

In that vein, anyone have any ideas how to purge the Crest worms out of Sakura's body with Kirei dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Come up with another character with the same abilities? They seemed to be uncommon, but not rare.
    If nothing else, I'm pretty sure Rin would research some method to get rid of them if she knew about them and had the time to do so (i.e. wasn't in the middle of a Grail War).

Yeah, I was planning on situating the problem in the midst of another Grail War. So that is a huge problem. Also, I'm pretty sure El-Melloi II could also perhaps figure out what's going on, if not point out a potential solution. To be honest, if I can't find a good way to do this, I am not opposed to killing Sakura off.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, we know that after Fate/UBW, there is no chance of the Shadow or the Black Grail appearing, right?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Sakura needs to be mentally and emotionally vulnerable enough for that to happen, and that only happens if Shirou responds to her feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, are you still making it a JoJo crossover? Because I figure some Stands, like Crazy Diamond, could heal her.

I am making it a JoJo crossover still. Also, I don't think CD works on long-term conditions, unless it could actually separate the worms and Sakura's nerves. Maybe Pearl Jam might do something?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, now that I think about it, Pearl Jam with the right ingredients might do the trick, and I could make that a plot point, kind of like that one Kishibe short story when Rohan helped Tonio get a special shellfish that would help cure Virginia's cancer.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I was thinking the worms might be vulnerable to Hamon because Zouken is a bloodsucking species, but for that to work to my current plans, I'd need to have Sakura airlifted out of Japan or something.

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Flat's whole schtick is messing with other people's magecraft, so he's the first person that comes to mind.

Any Tuner could probably do something, if there was money in it for them, though it would probably be a bit unorthodox for them.

I'm not familiar with Jojo part 6, but Stands are generally wonky enough you could probably find one somewhere that does something.

Rin is good enough at healing magecraft that she can create fully functional hearts, so she could probably do at least something, if not completely solve the problem if she had the resources (lots of gems).

Just some ideas that come to mind.
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots

Thanks Twilight. Any ideas are welcome. I do think I have come up with a decent solution though.

Hmmm, I'm surprised that there aren't more crossovers between Fate and Kamen Rider, especially seasons that deal with a more mystical theme such as Wizard, Kiva, and Hibiki. Actually, a KR Hibiki/Fate crossover could be really cool.

Just a random thought, and not a plan for a hypothetical fic, but how well would a Demon Slayer x Nasuverse crossover work, considering the Nasuverse also has actual Demon Hunters who fight oni and half-oni?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Seems like too much extra work IMO. You've have to jump through far too many hoops to smooth out the differences in world building - especially when it comes to how demons/mixed bloods function. Not to mention the time period difference, would this be a time travel fic or would you have to "update" Demon Slayer to the modern day... both have their own complications.

If we're going with just settings/worldbuilding without bothering to sync characters and era, it'd probably be easier, though there'd still be wrinkles to iron out.

As I said, not actually a fic idea, just a hypothetical. I was thinking more along the lines of a general world meld taking place entirely in either one setting or another with one set of characters or another.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it would be too hard actually. Demons in Demon Slayer are just Vampires. Need to eat People, can't be out in the sun, weird ass powers with no overarching theme to them,some have things that could be compared to Reality Marbles. Just treat them as Dead Apostles. Nezuko is just a less controlled Sion.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.