Page 1333 of 1344 FirstFirst ... 33383312331283132313281331133213331334133513381343 ... LastLast
Results 26,641 to 26,660 of 26864

Thread: Type-Moon Crossover Idea Thread

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Her gloves and shoes are explicitly runed, but IIRC it's never said that her suit is.

That said, again, it'd be kinda dumb not to.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, creating armour that only stops magic and nothing else is the kind of thing that only happens in Muggle Fuck Yeah stories about how lame all the powered people are.
    Also Rave Master.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    In fact Kirei had sigils on his sleeves that helped their bulletproofing

So there is definitely bulletproofing magecraft
    Do you have to run magical energy through the sigils or are they a passive protection?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i think they're preloaded and are one use only
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Her gloves and shoes are explicitly runed, but IIRC it's never said that her suit is.

That said, again, it'd be kinda dumb not to.
    Right.

I'll just have fun with it.

- - - Updated - - -

More of an issue is the older Baz from the main story--she has a prosthetic left arm created by Touko. I was debating whether to make it similar to Shiki's but thought it'd be cooler to make it more functionally metallic a la Fullmetal Alchemist. As a result a lot of her attacks are conductor based. Her introduction is using a magical energy fueled lightning storm to fry some of her pursuers, for example.

All said it's been a fun time writing everything.

the scene i'm referring to
    Falling back into the ship, she masked herself and listened, chanting one of her more immediate five-verse incantations beneath her breath.

"Ar mo mionn, A ligean ar an spéir dorchaigh..."

One of them moved to check for any traps. But, it was already too late.

"... In ainm mo shinsir, beidh mé tost ar fad séantóir..."

Continuing her chant, the sky grew black and the clouds drew closer to the ground. They retreated. But, it was far too late.

"... Istigh leis an búir toirneach!"

Thunder crashed, lightning striking down from the heavens, its roar drowning away their screams. Stepping out into the open after, Bazett ignored the grisly smell of charred flesh and pulled up her sleeve, exposing her metal, prosthetic left arm to the elements. It sizzled in the rain. The Lightning coiling around it like white-hot tendrils. She channeled magecraft along its length and aimed at where she calculated those still alive to be hiding.

“... Tá brón orm...”

With a deafening screech, it chained through the metal littering the shipyard, and the air filled with the dying screams of more of her pursuers as they sprang up, lit aflame. They thrashed about in the rain, those dying screams bubbling to howls.

Looking at the last paragraph, perhaps,

They thrashed about in the rain, those dying screams bubbling to bestial howls.

Sounds better. Dunno.
    Last edited by Historia; December 15th, 2018 at 03:42 AM.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Also Rave Master.
    Thus, argument invalid.

This whole "MFY/HFY" stigma is starting to grate on me. Isn't most media this? The difference should be whether something is good or not. There's no reason why we can't have bulletproof magic or spellproof magic that is separate and can be abused from a narrative point of view. If someone was expecting a duel, they wouldn't prepare for someone to pull a gun out, would they?

Reminds me of the "maximum comp" challenges in SB.net and how they were complete and total dross.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    So, I'm writing a JJBA x FSN crossover around the time of Stone Ocean and the Grail Dissolution, and I want to know what Berserker or Lancer class Servants may be a good idea to give to Sakura and/or Shinji. I already have the following Master/Servant teams picked out.

Olga Marie Animusphere and Caster Solomon
    Hishiri Adashino and Archer Moriarty
    Waver Velvet and Rider Iskandar
    Kairi Shishigou and Saber Mordred
    Zouken Matou and some Hassan Assassin (still not sure whether I want to include Hundred Faces, Cursed Arm, or some other one, like maybe Beautiful Assassin)

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Lancer Medusa might be a good choice to give either Matou, as a nod to the Grand Order anime.

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Lancer Medusa might be a good choice to give either Matou, as a nod to the Grand Order anime.
    I was thinking that too, but I'm not 100% sure because I also want the final master to be Bram Nuada-Re Sophia-Ri, as the leader of a team of Masters, and logically, he would have prepared a catalyst beforehand, likely NOT picking Berserker. Personally, yours is the easiest choice, but justifying it would be hard in the context of my fic.

Also, I have another dilemma regarding my FSN x JJBA Part VI crossover. For context, I plan to have a post-UBW Grail Dissolution and FSF x JJBA Part VI Grail War occur at the same time, and I don't know who I want to be False and True Assassins. I like Jester and Beautiful Assassin, but I also want to include Julius Harway and Li Shuwen, since I plan to include Leo and Gawain. At the same time, I'm not sure whether I want to replace Faldeus with Julius as Master of True Assassin. I just don't know. Anyone have ideas?

I like the first option personally.

Personally, go with you gut instinct.
    Last edited by Urameshi Yūsuke; January 8th, 2019 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    I like the first option personally.

Personally, go with you gut instinct.
    By first option, you mean go with Jester and Beautiful Assassin, or Jester and Julius?

Jester and Beautiful Assassin.

That is what I want to do because it's fitting to have a vampire participating in a Grail War partially manipulated by another vampire, and the Joestar crew would be VERY on board with helping kill him. I'll probably make Julius and Li Shuwen the True Assassin pair as well because if Leo is in a Grail War, than so must Julius.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I'll probably make Julius and Li Shuwen the True Assassin pair as well because if Leo is in a Grail War, than so must Julius.
    But the real question is, which version of Li Shuwen now that we have four of them.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    But the real question is, which version of Li Shuwen now that we have four of them.
    I think the original Assassin Li from Extra. He'll try to kill the Joestar crew, but Jonathan and Will will be able to notice him because Hamon.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I think the original Assassin Li from Extra. He'll try to kill the Joestar crew, but Jonathan and Will will be able to notice him because Hamon.
    Makes sense since Hamon is partially based on Qigong and would be very analogous to Qi in the Nasuverse which is behind Li Shuwen's disappearing trick.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

I'm also thinking of including Berserker Stroheim in my crossover fic, so I'm wondering how coherent I should make him. Personally, I want to go with he can still talk and communicate, but his whole "GERMAN SCIENCE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD!" shtick would be taken up to 11. Just want to see if you guys have any ideas.

So, I'm writing my JJBA x FSF x post-UBW crossover, and as I may have said previously, I plan to include both a post-UBW Fuyuki Grail War and an imitation Grail War based on both FSF and Stone Ocean. My intended Master/Servant pairs are as follows:

False Grail War:
    Jolyne Cujoh/Kujo and False Berserker (Jonathan Joestar and Will A. Zeppeli)
    Hol Horse and False Archer (Billy the Kid)
    Luvia Edelfelt and Cu Chullain as False Lancer
    Tine Chelc and Ozymandias as False Rider
    Orlando Reeve and Dumas as False Caster
    Jester Karture and Beautiful Assassin as False Assassin

True Holy Grail War:
    Leo Harway and Gawain as True Saber
    Julius B. Harway and Li Shuwen as True Assassin
    Bazdilot Cordelion and Alkeides as True Archer/Avenger
    Haruri Borzack and Rudol von Stroheim as True Berserker
    Francesca and Francois Prelati as True Caster/Enrico Pucci and William Shakespeare as True Caster
    Doris Lusendra or whatever her name is and Hippolyta as True Rider
    Sigma and Watcher

Any comments would be much appreciated, and I'm not 100% fixed on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Anyone have any idea how Billy the Kid might react to Hol Horse's...incompetence/bad luck/stupidity? I imagine Hol Horse would be a fanboy, but I have no clue how Billy would react to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself