Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV

Quote Originally Posted by jwang View Post
    Hey ratstsrub, remember about believing it when you see it? Phase 3 is here, and it really brings the goods. Gameplay is smooth, storyline and questing is top notch FF quality, and graphics as always is beautiful. Anyone who has a beta key, GET IN HERE NOW. Seriously, this shit's amazing. It's everything 1.0 should have been, and we're still at only half the content available. You got to experience it to see how different it has become.
    I haven't seen it yet.

Blog Entries
    After all the hardship and tries, why the hell can't I get my fucking hands on a beta key

Its like square enix is saying fuck you, you'll never try an online Final Fantasy ever

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Apply right now, and you might get in during a later test period of this phase. Phase 4 (open beta) is at most 3 days, and the release is August 27th. Pre-order/Legacy early access is up to 1 week prior, so we're looking at something like 12-15th of August for phase 4. Plenty of time to sign up now and pray for a beta code. Also: lie lie lie about the specs of the computer you're using.
    What is man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!

Blog Entries
    MY rig is only a few months old. Its not shitty at all D:

Haha, well in that case just play the waiting game. This beta is so well done that me and my friends forget that it actually is still in beta phase sometimes. Very few glitches, combat and questing for the most part very smooth, and plenty of filler events for you to do so it isn't mindless questing from area to area. Your classes feel plenty powerful, especially when you hit 15, and the ability to bring abilities from other classes over makes for some interesting combinations.

Also: SE gear is so pretty.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ffxiv_20130615_113458.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	8520
    Last edited by jwang; June 15th, 2013 at 03:18 PM.
    What is man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries

Waiting game indeed...
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    tfw ADHD can't wait for even wait for fish to cook

and your telling me to wait for a game

arghh the inhumanity

1.0 characters are available this weekend! I'm going try to take lots of screen shots to post. IT'S GOING TO BE GLORIOUS!

So for everyone that still don't have a beta key, apparently the German XIV Facebook site is giving away keys for likes or something like that. Fire up your Google translate and make an EU SE account to get into phase 3 testing if you haven't got a key yet!

Edit: Too late, it's closed. Wish I heard about it earlier, sorry.
    Last edited by jwang; June 20th, 2013 at 07:32 PM.

For anyone who wants to try out the beta, keep a lookout on the FFXIV twitter feed. They've been announcing promotions to give away beta keys, so if you haven't gotten one yet and want one, try to snag one from there.

Blog Entries
    HOPE I'M NOT LATE SHIIIIIIIIT

EDIT: oh god dammit my tears they won't stop

2nd EDIT: oh shit WHAT THERE'S A KEY IN MY MAIL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

3rd EDIT: why give me a key when phase 3 is over already back to tears
    Last edited by ZidanReign; June 27th, 2013 at 06:57 PM.

They are currently running beta during the weekend. You can start playing tomorrow 2 AM PST/5 AM EST. Enjoy the new world, it's gorgeous and amazing!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is now live! At least for the folks who pre-ordered and got into Early Access. I will be streaming gameplay once early access ends and NDA for streaming drops. This thing is fantastic, everyone should try at least the free 30 day you get with purchase.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/start_ffxiv/

Also, above link should be helpful.
    Last edited by jwang; August 24th, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

I am annoyed since I have the old collectors edition but that doesn't let me into early access and I ain't buying the game again just for it.

What a lot of people did was pre-order from Amazon/Gamestop > get 18 digit pre-order code > enter code for 20 digit early access code > cancel pre-order. Yes, that's being a scumbag and all, but hey 3 days early go you. Also, if you had 1.0 edition registered, you will have 2 weeks free trial, so if you were burned then, you can try it out now and see if you like it better.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Mmos are awful.

Paladin AF armor :>

I finally started FFXIV last week and having fun with my White Mage now lv.50 while working on the other classes. I'm in the Goblin server.

In which server do most of you play ?

Also, if any missed it, there are new videos about the latest addition to come with 2.1 and it's awesome <3

PvP (The Wolves' Den)

Housing system

Preview of yet unexplored parts of The Binding Coil of Bahamut dungeon

Oh and there's more stuff of course! I only mentioned the content shown in video.

There will be new dungeons, The Crystal Tower included (24 players with FFIII bosses).

Treasure hunting: This will be a new feature that revolves around finding treasure. Not much as been revealed as to what we can expect from it, but it can be done solo or multiplayer.

Hard mode against a special foe: A hard mode battle featuring a special boss. When this enemy was first created, the developers felt that it was too difficult of a fight, and ended up omitting it from the final version. However, they’ve decided to have it appear as slightly weaker version, who’ll be appearing in the new update. In regards to which monster it will be, Yoshida says that it’ll be a secret for now.

Daily primal quests: The daily primal quests will revolve around the fights against special enemies. These will appear on a daily basis, where you can login everyday and decide how many you want to do.

Content Finder — random matching feature: This will also have various contents with random match-ups for players willing to lend others a hand. Doing so will give you tokens that can be used to acquire stronger equipment.

Additionally, version 2.1 will also be adding a beauty parlor that allows you to change your hairstyle.

Taken from Siliconera
    Finally, there will be collaboration events between FFXIV and DQ X and FFXI sometime before Christmas.
    Last edited by Sorans; September 22nd, 2013 at 07:51 PM.

I'm on Gilgamesh server! Been getting really into it. I got my relic weapons the other day.

When you get Curtana you get told that three weapons were forged at the same time. I'm guessing Joyeuse and Durandal will be available in the future
    Last edited by Strife ❤️; September 29th, 2013 at 01:07 PM.

Nice! I'm getting my relic next week. Also stacking Tomestones of mythology to get it to +1 in 3 weeks.

I'll post some screenshots soon !