Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mythologica - Verg's Diploma Work

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Legendary monsters... Looking for anything specific?
    Something big enough to make the fight really epic. It could possibly come out of Tiber-river, so maybe water-related?

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, for a really big and skary monster of god tier proportions, it could be Typhon. On the same tier could be Jormungandr.

If you are looking for something a bit less insane, then maybe Scylla?

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    A bit less than something that bouts with gods. I mean, Leo has to defeat it, after all.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Then maybe something like the Kraken or Scylla? Both would make for pretty cool fights xD.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Well, I'll get my obligatory suggestion out of the way and mention the orc from Orlando Furioso, the sea monster that serves Proteus. And with that out of the way another cool monster would be Div-e Sepid. I see no reason for him to come out of the Tiber river, but he's still pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Spinach; February 25th, 2012 at 02:41 AM.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Funny, I was thinking about this the other day.

And nice additions, Verg. Nice way of creatively handling Red, methinks.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

How about a sea-serpent, or a gigantic ocean turtle? The former has the symbolism of Tiamat from Babylonian myth, as well as the World Serpent from Norse mythology...Though both are probably too massive to fight. One of their spawn, however, would make a great encounter.

The latter is pretty much a titanic armoured tank, with a snapping beak that can shear anything in two.

Blog Entries
    Eh, to be honest, the size itself isn't really that much of a matter, unless it's something like Jormungandr size that should span whole world. After all, the bigger the enemy, the more epic the fight. Something like Scylla or Charybdis might work, yeah. Btw, Spinach, exactly what sea monster of Proteus do you mean? And any other info on that orc?

Also, how many actually recognized where Ariel was from, without having to check wiki?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Btw, Spinach, exactly what sea monster of Proteus do you mean? And any other info on that orc?
    The two are the same monster. Proteus sends a sea monster called the "orc" to this island near Ireland. I'm not sure if Proteus is mentioned in Orlando Furioso, and I think he's only added as the monster's master in later revisions of the story. Let me go look for it...

There we go

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Furioso, Canto 17
    XXX "To calculate the griesly monster's height, (So measureless is he) exceeds all skill; Of fungus-hue, in place of orbs of sight, Their sockets two small bones like berries fill. Towards us, as I say, he speeds outright Along the shore, and seems a moving hill. Tusks jutting out like savage swine he shows, A breast with drivel foul, and pointed nose. XXXI "Running, the monster comes, and bears his snout In guise of brach, who enters on the trail. We who behold him fly (a helpless rout), Wherever terror drives, with visage pale. 'Tis little comfort, that he is without Eye-sight, who winds his plunder in the gale, Better than aught possest of scent and sight: And wing and plume were needed for our flight.
    http://omacl.org/Orlando/17canto.html

I think my mind recalls Proteus from a more modern version of the story that I read at my Grandmother's a long time ago. I think it might have been a more children friendly version of the myth, too. Maybe I can find it.

http://www.mainlesson.com/display.ph...5f32204dd816f5

Aha. Found it.
    Last edited by Spinach; February 25th, 2012 at 06:24 PM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is that the same one Ruggiero kills?
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Yeah.

Blog Entries
    Fuck yeah Ruggiero. Rides a hippogriff and doesn't give a fuck about nothin'.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    Btw, Five, would "Fida Socia" be "Faithful Companions" or something along those lines? My own latin knowledge is not always the greatest, and you're one of the few guys I can check with.

Blog Entries
    "Fidelis Sociorum" should be more correct. Or, if you want to go with the "Fidus" line, then it would be "Fidus Sociorum," for a different way to say basically the same thing.

Blog Entries
    Ah, okay, thanks.

Blog Entries
    Random trivia facts time~!
    -About characters of Mythologica-

Leo Cyrus King
    On the MP3-player Leo has with him, he has lots of older artists like Elvis, Sinatra and what-not. Of the modern music, he only has one folder full of Clazziquai project and one other folder which's contents he never reveals to anyone. Though one song Red Riding Hood managed to hear was, strangely, a certain "Genki wo dashite".

Octavia
    Surprisingly, despite her stick-in-the-mud personality, Octavia is a big fan of festivals. Especially Fors Fortuna's, which she usually spends enjoying some of her rare free time with her personal general, Marcetta. Too bad for Octavia that the latter gets quite Kuroko-style thoughts when she gets drunk.

Antonia
    Antonia actually has a steed of her own. She rides a huge Maltese tiger, one gifted to her by none other than Cleopatra. The tiger also helps Antonia sometimes in battle, and is known as as one of the most powerful beasts in Rome. For a reason or another, the tiger is named Corona, and has some rather weird powers on her own.

Sigurd

During his time as a gladiator, Sigurd actually managed to get quite a big fame. That is why he is often as popular with women as Leo is, much to his chagrin. Only when he is drunk does Sigurd approach the women as a man, but he never gets that far as a memory of someone special stops him every time.

Yennenga
    Although Yennenga's personality is sweeter than hirami lemon, he is surprisingly good cook. In fact, she and Red Riding Hood tend to have this semi-playful competition in the household as to who can make better food.

Tamamo-no-Mae

Tamamo managed to get into all sorts of trouble during her time as a "gift" that rulers kept shoving to each other out of annoyance. Due to this, she has almost sister-like bond with certain Bai Suzhen and Qing, whom she both feels for due to the fact that their stories are quite similiar. That said, she cannot stand a certain fox-spirit named Kuzunoha.

Holika
    During her arrival to Europe, she was constantly bothered by one Perseus due to her status as a monster-of-sorts. Long-story-short, she paired up with a trio of sisters to kick the guy's ass for a moment, a thing that allowed her to sneak to Rome where she did not have to worry about Greek monster hunters.

Morgiana the Clever
    Her rivalry with Red Riding Hood stems from the fact that she, after the fight between Holika and Leo, and what followed after, has began to see Leo as a big brother figure. Just like Red does. Cue to what Leo has dubbed as "Little Sister Deatmatch". Of course, deep down, both really like each other and are greatest friends.

Joan d'Arc
    As you guys already mentioned him, I might reveal that yes, at one point, Joan and Ruggiero have met on the battlefield. During the war between Charlemagne and Saladin, both met on the battlefield and dueled. Unfortunately, both were already tired from the war, and Ruggiero had just dueled two of Charlemagne's greatest knights, so they promised to finish the duel in the near future.

Ariel
    She is, surprisingly, something of an outcast amongst fairies. Used to be good friends with one Tinker Bell, but after she was caught by a sorceress, she was deemed "tainted by human magic" and exiled from her tribe. This means that Ariel is something of a "humanized" fairy, and often joins Leo when he is drinking - Something almost unheard amongst fairies. Oh, and Shakespeare is kind of a stalker to her.

Little Red Riding Hood
    During the war between Charlemagne and Arthur, which was before the truce, Red actually became somewhat famous. As Britain employed a small girl in the front-lines with quite chaotic magical powers (Girl named Alice), Red was the Franks' answer to her. One of their more famous battles nearly emptied la Manche of water for ten minutes.

More (maybe) soon~

Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis Suncofold's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *Jaw dropped and shattered all over the floor*

Current Fanfics:

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I'd read the shit out of a light novel like this. Or heck, just a normal book series would be awesome, too.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Blog Entries
    Light novels are just novellas with pictures and extra-spaced out words. :P

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Exactly. Japan you think you're so hip.