Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: [FF] Divine Justice (Fate/Stay Night/Thor crossover)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by hanashinobi View Post
    Little known fact that, while somewhat divine, Asgardians are not gods since they age and die but at a rate about 100 times slower than humans. Also if this is movieverse then Asgardians are not gods but aliens since that is less offensive to the religious.
    At best, that just means that, given the way godhood and worship work in the Nasuverse, Shirou would just become something akin to an Heroic Spirit with a high Divinity rank rather than a full-blown Divine Spirit. That alone would probably be enough for Gil to take him seriously. Witness how he fought Berserker in UBW; that's probably the closest he ever came to fighting seriously in any of the routes.

Blog Entries
    This fic, I like it!

*smashes monitor*

Another!

Heh, I remember this from the old forum. Yes, at least Archer is still alive (for now). Anyway, I wonder how this would affect UBW now... (hey, a guy has to have their priorities right, and UBW is still one of the coolest, if not the coolest, powers ever).

And I have to watch one of this days the movie, but the thing they did with Heimdall... dammit, if they have a colour person quota, they should have used Nick Fury!! The nordic gods are nordic. Even if they are aliens.

About Thor being the Superman of Marvel... While I agree that he is probably the closest thing, or one of them, fortunately he isn't as ridiculous. The last thing I heard about Superman, he was completely inmortal, even against kryptonite (he can still be defeated, though). Thor, on the other side, can be damaged by things and isn't the biggest fish in the sea by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    More like "Fuck Rin. Hard."
    *snerk* Elf, never change.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey, I thought Heimdall was one of the coolest guys in the movie - a total Shakespearean badass. Trust me, if that's your only gripe, it's nothing to worry about.

Other points, for the curious: Yes, Shirou effectively has a high Divinity stat while he's Thor, and while Berserker won't be the Hulk (though I like the pic), I can promise you that any fight between them will be similar in scope.

. . . And yes, Archer's in for a big surprise - among other people.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

The World Is My Stage dragon20990's Avatar
    Epic Fights Ahead! I kinda want to see Loki try to manipulate the Grail War...He'd be a great deus ex machina.

I have a feeling that the fights will basically consist of EX noble Phantasms vs EX noble Phantasms.

This looks to be awesome. I would personally prefer if you played this straight with the humor thrown in there every now and then, but I will be reading this no matter which way it goes.

Assets transcending Virtual and Reality themasterwarlord's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Huh.... I dunno about this. I feel like Thor's power fould be somewhat a hax power for a nasuversian vanilla (modern) human. I know, I know, Loki and all those, but still. We'll just see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Hey, I thought Heimdall was one of the coolest guys in the movie - a total Shakespearean badass. Trust me, if that's your only gripe, it's nothing to worry about.
    I know it's a silly thing to be worried about, but it's the principle of the thing. Hell, in the original myth there isn't anyone more nordic than Heimdall. Not even Thor.

Anyway, I'll end watching the movie.

Spoiler:
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Wait, wouldn't Grail War grind to a screeching halt the moment somebody identifies Thor as, well, Thor? Archer could do it through tracing (can he trace Mjolnir?), others would probably e able to identify him, somehow, too. And then the panic over the return of the age of gods would settle in.

And who does Shirou summon now? Assuming he does summon someone. Or he may end as his own servant (Thor form qualifies as a servant, Shirou form as a master)

Also, I guess that being Thor will give him trackloads of prana.

On the other hand, while he may be able to spam UBW now, GIlgamesh paradoxically became much more of a threat. Firstly because of Enkidu and Shirou's newfound high divinity rating, and second because Gil is much more likely to take Shirou seriously now.

All in all, very interesting. Please, continue soon.

Well, Thor usually shouldn't be able to be a servant because he is a god. Now, Marvel comics Thor is another matter, because he is also a human. But on the other hand Movie Thor I'm not sure about. Suposedly the asgardians are aliens, and Legendary Souls in vanilla FSN are humans (maybe demigods, or monsters, but with a human base).

About Gil... it depends on how much stronger is Thor in comparison with him. Even the greatest weapon doesn't mean anything if you can't use it before you are killed, and the Mjollnir is serious business (in the legend the only thing that makes it weaker than the Gugnir is the fact that the hilt is too short thanks to one of Loki's pranks, making it just almost perfect, instead of completely perfect), so I don't know where I would put my money in a fight between EA and Mjollnir. It depends on Enkidu, and the Saber Shirou summons, really.

Spoiler:

I wonder how soon will Shirou learn who and what Thor actually is? And what is the true name of "the Hammer of Justice". I actually have to wonder as to why he didn't know it - being a magus, even a half-trained one, one would think Shirou would be well-versed in mythology.

EDIT: and about being a servant. Shirou now should totally qualify as a Heroic Spirit. He is, after all, ascending into godhood. Not unlike Heracles.

Creator of Mecha Tsundere Rin-chan hanashinobi's Avatar
    To be a Heroic Spirit your legend has to be well known, Archer is an exception since he is a Counter Guardian. That being said since the Grail can pick heroes from any point in time so if this Shirou becomes famous later on it is possible for him to become a Heroic Spirit.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    It needed a helmet, though. All the good sentai heroes had helmets. But he could fix that, once he got back home . . .
    Don't do it Shirou!

Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    THIS.
    That.

Looking forward to more of this. I pray that Shirou doesn't become a 'sentai' or the new Thor. Oh and I haven't watched the movie so I don't really know anything.

Edit: I hope Saber is going to be in this fic.
    Last edited by Malgos; January 25th, 2012 at 02:59 PM.

This looks like fun, I eagerly await more.
    Now off to class, be back at 5 to help with the derailz
    All Nasuverse women hold my heart, I do however go through phases.

Entering the Jeanne phase

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Yog View Post
    I wonder how soon will Shirou learn who and what Thor actually is? And what is the true name of "the Hammer of Justice". I actually have to wonder as to why he didn't know it - being a magus, even a half-trained one, one would think Shirou would be well-versed in mythology.
    He should figure it out the moment he performs Structural Grasp on Mjolnir, at the very least.

EDIT: and about being a servant. Shirou now should totally qualify as a Heroic Spirit. He is, after all, ascending into godhood. Not unlike Heracles.
    You need to be famous as being something above normal humanity to become an Heroic Spirit. This is why, for example, Kishima Kouma isn't an Heroic Spirit despite being powerful enough to fight one.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Oh gosh, I laughed so hard. Lancer fell into Grail-kun's trap again, and Shirou's thoughts at the end were just hilarious.

The World Is My Stage dragon20990's Avatar
    Gilgamesh vs Shirou!Thor

Gate of Babylon vs UBW - this is redundant as Shirou's tracing skill was born from desperation and his lack of ability to stop he war. In fact, In each timeline, it was Archer who pushed Shirou to actualize his ability. Unless Shirou somehow loses Mjolnir, he probably won't be able to trace noble phantasms. Which would actually be a good plot point. Have Loki or the real thor get it back and have Shirou actualize his skill in a moment of desperation, tracing his own Mjolnir. The reason why Shirou's traced weapons are a rank down and the reason he can't trace EA is because his imagination could not make it real. But from wielding the real Mjolnir, he would be able to trace almost an exact replica.

EA vs Mjolnir - Ea is made out of a fallen star while Mjolnir was forged at the birth of a star (at least according to the movie-verse). Both are geared towards destruction but have different functions. Mjolnir can call upon storms to strike the enemy and can shatter the ground for miles with the power of it's blow. While EA is the sword that ruptures Chaos, basically discharging a wave of Energy. Both can be considered Anti-World Noble Phantasms. If the definition is quite as literal as I believe, then Gilgamesh has probably been holding back EA's power. EA can't be blocked by Mjolnir effectively, but Mjolnir's lightning is too quick for EA to counter.

Anyways it comes down to the fact that Shirou is not actually Thor, but is just a human with Thor capabilities, like Thunderstrike was. He is unfamiliar with power of any kind of strength. He would not understand how to use his power and what comes with Divinity. As mentioned earlier, this is a weakness that the noble Phantasm Enkidu can take advantage of. Gilgamesh is comfortable with power. He acts arrogant and would underestimate a "commoner" like normal Shirou, but Thor!Shirou is someone he would consider an insult more then anything.

Other thoughts:

Medusa would probably hate him for his divine status. She will see Parallels with Sakura and Shirou and Herself and Poseidon.

Medea would not even think to confront him. She's too much like the Enchantress for that. A naive boy that recently got the power of a god? Hello sucker.

Herakles would take things a lot more seriously. I believe. He might even ignore Illya's commands in his fights with him. But Mjolnir would only be able to kill him once technically as he becomes immune to an attack once it damages him. More importantly I kinda want to see 100 shooting hydra heads.

Poor Archer. Nothing Less then a Deus Ex Machina could help him (hint. Hint)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgos View Post
    Looking forward to more of this. I pray that Shirou doesn't become a 'sentai' or the new Thor. Oh and I haven't watched the movie so I don't really know anything.

Edit: I hope Saber is going to be in this fic.
    More or less in order . . .

I'm don't know how "sentai" he'll be (or try to be), and he probably won't be Thor, but as I'm still plotting things out, we'll probably find out together. I really recommend you watch the movie, and I'm not sure about Saber - I'm still trying to decide how this will all work . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherEMIYA View Post
    This looks like fun, I eagerly await more.
    I sort-of took the day off to work on school stuff and see Underworld: Awakening - I'll hopefully be back on track with one of my fics tomorrow, but whether this one or "Beast of the Moon," I'm not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon20990 View Post
    Gilgamesh vs Shirou!Thor

Gate of Babylon vs UBW - this is redundant as Shirou's tracing skill was born from desperation and his lack of ability to stop he war. In fact, In each timeline, it was Archer who pushed Shirou to actualize his ability. Unless Shirou somehow loses Mjolnir, he probably won't be able to trace noble phantasms. Which would actually be a good plot point. Have Loki or the real thor get it back and have Shirou actualize his skill in a moment of desperation, tracing his own Mjolnir. The reason why Shirou's traced weapons are a rank down and the reason he can't trace EA is because his imagination could not make it real. But from wielding the real Mjolnir, he would be able to trace almost an exact replica.

EA vs Mjolnir - Ea is made out of a fallen star while Mjolnir was forged at the birth of a star (at least according to the movie-verse). Both are geared towards destruction but have different functions. Mjolnir can call upon storms to strike the enemy and can shatter the ground for miles with the power of it's blow. While EA is the sword that ruptures Chaos, basically discharging a wave of Energy. Both can be considered Anti-World Noble Phantasms. If the definition is quite as literal as I believe, then Gilgamesh has probably been holding back EA's power. EA can't be blocked by Mjolnir effectively, but Mjolnir's lightning is too quick for EA to counter.

Anyways it comes down to the fact that Shirou is not actually Thor, but is just a human with Thor capabilities, like Thunderstrike was. He is unfamiliar with power of any kind of strength. He would not understand how to use his power and what comes with Divinity. As mentioned earlier, this is a weakness that the noble Phantasm Enkidu can take advantage of. Gilgamesh is comfortable with power. He acts arrogant and would underestimate a "commoner" like normal Shirou, but Thor!Shirou is someone he would consider an insult more then anything.

Other thoughts:

Medusa would probably hate him for his divine status. She will see Parallels with Sakura and Shirou and Herself and Poseidon.

Medea would not even think to confront him. She's too much like the Enchantress for that. A naive boy that recently got the power of a god? Hello sucker.

Herakles would take things a lot more seriously. I believe. He might even ignore Illya's commands in his fights with him. But Mjolnir would only be able to kill him once technically as he becomes immune to an attack once it damages him. More importantly I kinda want to see 100 shooting hydra heads.

Poor Archer. Nothing Less then a Deus Ex Machina could help him (hint. Hint)
    Good analysis. We'll see how well it pans out.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Creator of Mecha Tsundere Rin-chan hanashinobi's Avatar
    The fact remains that you could still summon Saber since avalon is still in Shirou. In fact I think it makes more sense to summon Arturia than Sif since Alaya is putting Arturia in the grail wars and Avalon has a stronger connection to Arturia than Mjolnir is to Sif.

Blog Entries
    True - but it might be interesting to get an outsider's perspective on the War, and that would leave the Saber-class Servant and their Master as a total mystery . . .

Whichever route I decide to go, if you'd prefer another one, please write it - I want people to take up this challenge.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette