Page 1326 of 1892 FirstFirst ... 32682612261276131613211324132513261327132813311336137614261826 ... LastLast
Results 26,501 to 26,520 of 37826

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    It's mentioned in Golem Keter Malkuth's description that there's another golem that's even taller and spiritually stronger, can I assume it's Talos?
    I just checked the relevant part of the description and it says "owned by a witch". Unless TM is taking some major artistic license with her legend, Europa (who owned Talos in legend) isn't someone I'd consider a witch by any stretch of the imagination, so I actually have no idea what that part is referring to. Someone more knowledgeable of witch and golem myths than me might know though...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's talking about Mahoyo Alice's Thames Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Cuz Angra experienced that in HA and he is the senpai of other Avengers.
    Seems like a weak justification, but eh.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Eh? How so?
    http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Skill#Memory_Correction

I assume. I think it's supposed to be a 'NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE' thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does other memory tricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Skill#Memory_Correction

I assume. I think it's supposed to be a 'NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE' thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does other memory tricks.
    I read some interesting ramble on this a while ago (think it might have been silvermoon?). Basically talking about how "oblivion" (忘却) refers to thing such as sin, taboo, regret - negative things within the intelligence cycle. As such, oblivion doesn't inherently come from memory organization, but it arises from malignant information that is contradictive to the continued survival of humans, causing it to be "intentionally" forgotten.
    Basically, by forgetting inconvenient truths which make up malignant information, you're able to continue leading a healthy life, and not fall into despair or whatever. And then there was a reference to how the Avenger class was (originally) born from the accumulation of malignant information (Angra), and this is why it gets the skill basically acting as resistance to this concept of "oblivion".

(there's also some reference to Kiara's NP in there but I don't remember what it was so)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Eh? How so?
    Well Dantes didnt exactly outright say that.

What he said is he seems to have resistance against tine loop memory shenanigans, and rather than his own skill its more of a skill of his class

Then the next sentence he said is "it seems that my predecessor once experienced a loop without ending, but..."

Those two sentence might be connected, might be only a referenc, might be a way to say that even back in HA memory correction is already a thing

Something2
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Ah, thanks for explaining.

US Friend Code
    You know. Seeing that Avalon was equated with the Garden of the Hesperides. That means techically Herk wejt there once. I wonder if that will ever be addressed or referenced
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    You know. Seeing that Avalon was equated with the Garden of the Hesperides. That means techically Herk wejt there once. I wonder if that will ever be addressed or referenced
    Also, I thought in myth that after his death and subsequent Godhood, he was sent to basically watch over the Straits of Gibraltar, though in the Nasuverse this may not be true since the whole thing about his nephew helping him burn the hydra heads isn't true either.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    I read some interesting ramble on this a while ago (think it might have been silvermoon?). Basically talking about how "oblivion" (忘却) refers to thing such as sin, taboo, regret - negative things within the intelligence cycle. As such, oblivion doesn't inherently come from memory organization, but it arises from malignant information that is contradictive to the continued survival of humans, causing it to be "intentionally" forgotten.
    Basically, by forgetting inconvenient truths which make up malignant information, you're able to continue leading a healthy life, and not fall into despair or whatever. And then there was a reference to how the Avenger class was (originally) born from the accumulation of malignant information (Angra), and this is why it gets the skill basically acting as resistance to this concept of "oblivion".

(there's also some reference to Kiara's NP in there but I don't remember what it was so)
    This reminds me of that PS3 launch title, Folklore. It was something similar that basically talked about the concept of death and memory.

The function of 'Oblivion' was basically to allow humans to live their lives without falling into despair. The ability to forget painful things, like the death of loved ones and such was necessary for people to continue on. It was a surprisingly good game. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Also, it would be within the Three Families interests to uphold some semblance of order in the ritual to better fool outsiders and be able to tweak and control it as they please. That, and Ruler was created as a safeguard in the case that more than 7 Servants were summoned, which would throw a huge monkey wrench in their plans if they didn't account for it.
    Apocrypha
    Einzberns cheated and got the Ruler Class instead of Berserker though. Yggdmillenia only cheated by having an army march to Japan and get the Greater Grail. They didn't account for Amakusa to be alive after the war.

Since a cheat is superseded by a cheat, the World decided to summon a Ruler of its own, Jeanne d' Arc.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Thanks. So when they mean separated they mean separated from the original and given physical form. Yeah, just like Fullmetal Alchemist.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Thames being better than Adam?

Feels like BS to me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post

Feels like BS to me
    I'm pretty sure that's only when Adam is fifteen meters tall, and not taking into account the effects of Eden.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post

Feels like BS to me
    This was what Avicebron and Roche had been building in secret even as they continued the production of the golem soldiers. At first, Roche thought it was just a larger golem – exceedingly large, close to fifteen meters tall – and nothing much besides. Even Roche, with his skill, would be able to craft such a golem were he to spend fifty years on its creation – though he would only be able to recreate its size. Its quality would be a different matter entirely.

Even so, such a creation would not be particularly rare. Roche had heard tales of a witch who once possessed something on the same scale, or perhaps even bigger. Considering the age of that tale, it could be inferred that that witch’s creation would also be stronger, spiritually speaking. Even the material used to create this golem was nothing particularly special, despite their cost – their best quality being their pristine state.

However, Roche could not help but gasp in wonder. This golem was utterly abnormal on a conceptual level – though perhaps it was most fitting for Avicebron.

Final form of Thames Troll is FF summon Alexander
    Last edited by You; August 29th, 2018 at 04:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Huh just read the Battle of Camlann CE. I didn’t know that it was Alaya that initiated the contract, I always thought that it was the contractor that did given how they spoke of it. With this and Okita’s I guess this isn’t the case.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That seemed clear to me since Emiya.

How would one even contact the World?

just call her with the special phone-kun

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    The way its worded in FSN its actually implied to be that Emiya initiated not the other way around.
    He's probably just the only one stupid enough to go looking for a Faustian Bargain instead of having one thrust at him in his darkest hour like everyone else.