Page 1515 of 1889 FirstFirst ... 51510151415146515051510151315141515151615171520152515651615 ... LastLast
Results 30,281 to 30,300 of 37765

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

US Friend Code
    Falinks and Leonidas cute

Does anyone here know of any series that predated the nasuverse that implemented the following 2 ideas:

1- having the ability to warp reality into your own inner world within a certain area

2- disappearing because you are "rejected" by the world

?

For example, i knkw that Nanatasu no Taizai #2 with the demon king and Slime did it with Veldanava, but those are recent examples

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Does A Midsummer Night's Dream count?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    Does anyone here know of any series that predated the nasuverse that implemented the following 2 ideas:

1- having the ability to warp reality into your own inner world within a certain area

Peter Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code

?

For example, i knkw that Nanatasu no Taizai #2 with the demon king and Slime did it with Veldanava, but those are recent examples
    If you're asking visual novels and anime/manga then I know one: All games from Eushully, with Battle Goddess being the oldest one released in 1999.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Peter Pan
    Are you pulling my leg here?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean, I can kind of see that. Neverland being Peter Pan's inner world that reflects his desire to stay a child forever, and faeries disappearing when
    they're rejected by human common sense
    people stop believing in them
    . It's a bit of a stretch, but it probably wouldn't take much to interpret the story in terms of Nasuverse concepts.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    1. Neverland as a construct of the inner worlds of children made manifest.
    Mrs. Darling first heard of Peter when she was tidying up her children's minds. It is the nightly custom of every good mother after her[Pg 8] children are asleep to rummage in their minds and put things straight for next morning, repacking into their proper places the many articles that have wandered during the day. If you could keep awake (but of course you can't) you would see your own mother doing this, and you would find it very interesting to watch her. It is quite like tidying up drawers. You would see her on her knees, I expect, lingering humorously over some of your contents, wondering where on earth you had picked this thing up, making discoveries sweet and not so sweet, pressing this to her cheek as if it were as nice as a kitten, and hurriedly stowing that out of sight. When you wake in the morning, the naughtinesses and evil passions with which you went to bed have been folded up small and placed at the bottom of your mind; and on the top, beautifully aired, are spread out your prettier thoughts, ready for you to put on.

I don't know whether you have ever seen a map of a person's mind. Doctors sometimes draw maps of other parts of you, and your own map can become intensely interesting, but catch them trying to draw a map of a child's mind, which is not only confused, but keeps going round all the time. There are zigzag lines on it, just like your temperature on a card, and these are probably roads in the island; for the Neverland is always more or less an island, with astonishing splashes of colour here and there, and coral reefs and rakish-looking craft in the offing, and savages and lonely lairs, and gnomes who are mostly tailors, and caves through which a river runs, and princes with six elder brothers, and a hut fast going to decay, and one very small old lady with a hooked nose. It would be an easy map if that were all; but there is also first day at school, religion, fathers, the round pond, needlework, murders, hangings, verbs that take the dative, chocolate pudding day, getting into braces, say ninety-nine, three-pence for pulling out your tooth yourself, and so on; and either these are part of the island or they are another map showing through, and it is all rather confusing, especially as nothing will stand still.

Of course the Neverlands vary a good deal. John's, for instance, had a lagoon with flamingoes flying over it at which John was shooting, while Michael, who was very small, had a flamingo with lagoons flying over it. John lived in a boat turned upside down on the sands, Michael in a wigwam, Wendy in a house of leaves deftly sewn together. John had no friends, Michael had friends at night, Wendy had a pet wolf forsaken by its parents; but on the whole the Neverlands have a family resemblance, and if they stood still in a row you could say of them that they have each other's nose, and so forth. On these magic shores children at play are for ever beaching their coracles. We too have been there; we can still hear the sound of the surf, though we shall land no more.

Of all delectable islands the Neverland is the snuggest and most compact; not large and sprawly, you know, with tedious distances between one adventure and another, but nicely crammed. When you play at it by day with the chairs and table-cloth, it is not in the least alarming, but in the two minutes before you go to sleep it becomes very nearly real. That is why there are night-lights.

Occasionally in her travels through her children's minds Mrs. Darling found things she could not understand, and of these quite the most perplexing was the word Peter. She knew of no Peter, and yet he was here and there in John and Michael's minds, while Wendy's began to be scrawled all over with him. The name stood out in bolder letters than any of the other words, and as Mrs. Darling gazed she felt that it had an oddly cocky appearance.
    2. Tinkerbell needing belief or she dies
    Her voice was so low that at first he could not make out what she said. Then he made it out. She was saying that she thought she could get well again if children believed in fairies.

Peter flung out his arms. There were no children there, and it was night-time; but he addressed all who might be dreaming of the Neverland, and who were therefore nearer to him than you think: boys and girls in their nighties, and naked papooses in their baskets hung from trees.

'Do you believe?' he cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just about any fiction that features a person's dreams becoming real, really. For is that not replacing the world with one's own personal reality?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    1. Neverland as a construct of the inner worlds of children made manifest.
    Huh, I knew that Neverland being the embodiment of Peter Pan's fantasies was a common interpretation of the story, but I forgot that it was confirmed so clearly in the text itself. That's actually a really interesting quote. Though, I'm probably not the only one who thinks the idea of parents (or anyone) rummaging through my mind while I'm asleep and making sure everything is "in order" actually sounds creepy as hell, and not at all cutesy and heartwarming like the story is seemingly trying to portray.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Just about any fiction that features a person's dreams becoming real, really. For is that not replacing the world with one's own personal reality?
    I was thinking mkre about changing the landscape itself within a certain area

US Friend Code
    If you could choose one Servant who would get a manga/anime/LN/whatever detailing their legend, who would you want it to be about? Something similar to Garden of Avalon but more of a linear narrative. No Grail Wars, singularities, or lostbelts, just straight up "this is this character's backstory."

JP Friend Code
    A TM version of the Fengshen Yanyi would be nice for me.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Either the Mahabharata or the Ramayana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Argonautica or Mahabharata

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    details of Shuten hunt.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    If you could choose one Servant who would get a manga/anime/LN/whatever detailing their legend, who would you want it to be about? Something similar to Garden of Avalon but more of a linear narrative. No Grail Wars, singularities, or lostbelts, just straight up "this is this character's backstory."
    Boo, linear narratives are for the birds

This is actually a pretty difficult question. I could really see a biopic of Chiron as he raises generations of hero after hero, from children to adulthood, only to watch them lose their lives one after another. The journey of the Argonauts would make for a good comedy-adventure. The life of Alexander the Great, fraught with triumphs and errors. Nobunaga's saga from Fool of Owari to near-conqueror of Japan. Galahad and the quest for THE Holy Grail. The tragic story of El Cid. Lots of stories to tell out there.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    I'd rather write such a thing myself tbh
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I don't think I would be very interested. The Grail wars, singularities and lostbelts are the interesting stuff. I want to know more about a legend, I just read the legend.