Page 724 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 22462467471471972272372472572672973477482412241724 ... LastLast
Results 14,461 to 14,480 of 37845

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the only knight that knew Arthur was a girl was Kay and his lips were sealed (by Merlin).
    Lance knew
    Agravaine knew
    Don't think Mordred knew

That's it I believe. 4/13.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    I believe Lancelot's whole character is repressed homoerotic masochism.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    in the "Einzbern Consultation Room" he does strongly imply he actually preferred Arturia over Guinevere, so take that as you will.
    He could just be, you know, gay

- - - Updated - - -

I see mcjon is on the same homosexual wavelength as me
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure all of the Arthurian knights are gluttons for punishment.
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

JP Friend Code
    According to Garden of Avalon, besides Merlin-Kay-Ector (pretty sure Ector knew), Guinevere knew (duh), and through her Lancelot also knew; Agravaine also discovered it.
    But Kay actually says in GoA that he thought the secret wouldn't last too long because it was kind of obvious, and I took it like he was implying that as long as she played the part of the perfect king the kings didn't really cared, rather than that they didn't know
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostDIGIT View Post
    I'm pretty sure all of the Arthurian knights are gluttons for punishment.
    eh, I dunno. maybe half.

I'm pretty sure the only knight that knew Arthur was a girl was Kay and his lips were sealed (by Merlin).
    I thought Bedivere and Lancelot both knew.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My entire argument and the only thing I'm interested in arguing, as that calling the Britons(?) stupid for not noticing that Artoria was female because she's wearing a skirt, is stupid.

If you're going to dismiss historical accuracy for skirts being unisex back then, and that she totally should've been found out because of the skirt, then I don't understand your line of reasoning, beyond just "I think it's feminine, therefore they must have thought so too". Because the argument is not only inaccurate historically (and your point about togas and whatever pointless), but in-universe.

Why, then, would you assume that the dress she wore at the time of her rule was something considered feminine, other than you, at present day, think it's feminine? Do we have any precedent, in-universe, for her clothes to be considered feminine dress in 6th-century England? If she could wear it and wasn't pinned as a female by virtue of just wearing it, then clearly it wasn't clear-cut feminine. And considering several other characters had similar designs but didn't arouse suspicion (mostly Mordred's original design-- even though she was female here, she was largely regarded as male in-universe IIRC), then perhaps this style of dress was not considered feminine.
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arha View Post
    I thought Bedivere and Lancelot both knew.
    Bedi did not know.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    If you're going to dismiss historical accuracy for skirts being unisex back then,[...]
    That's where you're mistaken, actually: first, for thinking "skirts were unisex"; secondly, for thinking that we shouldn't take into account that the setting isn't a faithful recreation of historical periods and was actually designed by modern people who clearly follow modern concepts of genders.
    Also, don't be dishonest: your argument was actually that people already knew Arturia was a woman and didn't care about that (your specific words were "They make it a specific point that even if they knew her gender, they wouldn't care because she was a good king"). You only changed it to the current "skirts were unisex back then!" once that statement had been steadily disproven.

Quote Originally Posted by CanonRap View Post
    He could just be, you know, gay
    Hence why I said "take that as you will". :-) Although I think he does use feminine pronous when referring to her in the subs.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; February 28th, 2016 at 09:52 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Bedi did not know.
    Pretty sure she did.

GoA
    After Sir Tristan had left, the King’s fatigue became apparent. The Queen was concerned for the King and I too was concerned about the weight being placed on the King. I thought to lessen the King’s burdens even a little, and the Queen and I shared that as a common goal. We conversed and came to respect and rely on each other. It was then that I became attracted to her. I felt something rare in how she backed up the King from the shadows, in the strength of her spirit.

The burden inside her must have grown too large for her to contain the King’s secret. I learned from her of the true identity of the King, of the Queen’s loneliness, of my own callowness. At that moment I was seized by anger. Anger at all things pure. I felt an uncontrollable rage towards the island of Britain itself
    Last edited by forumghost; February 28th, 2016 at 09:54 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    ...Isn't that being said by Lancelot, though?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    ...Isn't that being said by Lancelot, though?
    Derp, thought he said that Gwen didn't know

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Then please, show me when, back then, when skirts were distinctively feminine back then because I can't find anything that says that.

And your second point, that this period is viewed through a modern lens, doesn't hold water when the other characters wear similar outfits and are not thought to be women. It would, if Saber's dress was a single, isolated example, but it's not.
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Pretty sure she did.
    Bedivere was a girl too?

JP Friend Code
    Bedivere was a girl too?
    DEEN was right all along.

JP Friend Code
    Bedivere was a girl too?
    something something DEEN something something

(Either that or I'm an idiot that failed my comprehension check, whatever works)

Quote Originally Posted by DTTS View Post
    DEEN was right all along.
    They shouldn't have changed the casting for Garden of Avalon
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    I for one would be happy to have another Noto Servant.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Bedi did not know.
    Rereading the ending to Fate, Bedivere chose to get near Arthur to support the cause and also hopefully see past the king's mask. As she lays there dying the narration switches from referring to her with 'he' and starts using 'she.' I guess this gave me the impression that Bedivere knew all along but I guess my memory mixed up the narrator with his internal monologue. Though it actually still sounds pretty ambiguous to me.