Page 728 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 22862867871872372672772872973073373877882812281728 ... LastLast
Results 14,541 to 14,560 of 37820

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Heracles

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Heracles
    Yeah? The point stands that Gil in the myth physically had the might to beat the snot out of gods rather than having to shoot stuff to do it for him. The point is not that Herk is nerfed from his myth.

Blog Entries
    I don't remember Gilgamesh ever fighting any god in his myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Yeah? The point stands that Gil in the myth physically had the might to beat the snot out of gods rather than having to shoot stuff to do it for him. The point is not that Herk is nerfed from his myth.
    Yeah but that does not equate all those random op stuffs he gets in Nasuverse. And it does not means he is stronger than his Nasuverse version. And its a 2 on 1

Blog Entries
    He and Enkidu have to fight the Bull of Heaven. Who is a god.
    I thought it was a creature created by the gods just to fuck with him. Not like its own individual deity.

Gugalanna - the Bull of Heaven was a god who was the first husband of Ereshkigal - Goddess of Death. So yeah he is a god

Banned
    Enkidu threw a leg of the bull of heaven all the way to the realm of the gods, which we don't even know where it is specifically, to hit Ishtar in the face.

Gilgamesh wrestled the man to a draw. he is really damn strong in terms of raw muscle. Apart from having Ea, i would say he is up to par with his legend self, if for different reasons

Wyrd oft neređ unfǽgne eorl, ţonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Newton, Einstein and Mao Zedong
    First two because i dont really like the idea of scientist heroic spirit and imagine how op newton would be if he has the ability to control gravity
    This reminds me of Kamen Rider Ghost, where the hero borrows the power of legendary figures such as Musashi, Robin Hood, Edison and Newton.
    Last edited by Skull; March 2nd, 2016 at 06:39 AM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Embrace tophats View Post
    Enkidu threw a leg of the bull of heaven all the way to the realm of the gods, which we don't even know where it is specifically, to hit Ishtar in the face.

Gilgamesh wrestled the man to a draw. he is really damn strong in terms of raw muscle. Apart from having Ea, i would say he is up to par with his legend self, if for different reasons
    Ishtar was right on top of the wall of Uruk when Enkidu did that. She was not on heaven.

And Ea makes a very big difference

Do you think altrouge ever gives primate murder doggy treats?
    With the way the keep adding shit to gils vault, soon he will have the root in it.

Life is short, we don't need to shitpost at eachother about nasu.

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Considering he's supposedly developed a liking for blood, yes, in a sense?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    [...] nor an anti-divine chain.
    To be fair, I think there's some basis for the chain. Didn't a god send 13 winds to capture the Humbaba? It's arguable whether that should count as a Noble Phantasm for Gilgamesh himself, but it's there.
    Personally, I don't mind Gilgamesh being explicitly described as the strongest canonical Servant because the Grail originally was supposed to only summon heroes from Western mythology and the Epic of Gilgamesh is the oldest surviving epic in Western canon (even though, going strictly by mythological deeds, Hercules probably should be stronger than epic!Gilgamesh - but therein lies madness). That said, I don't really like how hyped he seems to be getting over time (I mean, apparently he has full knowledge of the past and future of humanity?); it feels like they're hyping him to catch up with all the power creep going on in the "Fate" franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    To be fair, I think there's some basis for the chain. Didn't a god send 13 winds to capture the Humbaba? It's arguable whether that should count as a Noble Phantasm for Gilgamesh himself, but it's there.
    Personally, I don't mind Gilgamesh being explicitly described as the strongest canonical Servant because the Grail originally was supposed to only summon heroes from Western mythology and the Epic of Gilgamesh is the oldest surviving epic in Western canon (even though, going strictly by mythological deeds, Hercules probably should be stronger than epic!Gilgamesh - but therein lies madness). That said, I don't really like how hyped he seems to be getting over time (I mean, apparently he has full knowledge of the past and future of humanity?); it feels like they're hyping him to catch up with all the power creep going on in the "Fate" franchise.
    I didn't realise it was specifically Western. AFAIK, it was supposed to just be of any myth or legend. The only thing is that Western myths and legends are more pronoun than Asian when it comes to global exposure. That's why Hassan-i Sabbahs exists. They aren't western in any way.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

Banned
    that last bit about him seeing the future can be attributed to his unexplained ability to just know stuff he shouldn't be able to without a powerful skill, in FSN and possibly FZ

that last bit about him seeing the future can be attributed to his unexplained ability to just know stuff he shouldn't be able to without a powerful skill, in FSN and possibly FZ
    Like what?
    Quote Originally Posted by ほうれん草 View Post
    STOP SHOOTING EACH OTHER YOU FUCKERS

I'm trying to watch anime FFS

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    It isn't unexplained. We've been talking about that. It's a form of clairvoyance. It's supposed to be a king thing. It also doesn't show up on his skill list for whatever reason.

Banned
    It isn't unexplained. We've been talking about that. It's a form of clairvoyance. It's supposed to be a king thing. It also doesn't show up on his skill list for whatever reason.
    in FSN it was. you honestly could just say he was too SherlockDowneyJunior and call it a wrap for a lack of an explanation.

and then FSF came up...

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    in FSN it was. you honestly could just say he was too SherlockDowneyJunior and call it a wrap for a lack of an explanation.
    It's alluded to far too often for it to just be a coincidence. He knows all about Sakura in the prologue, knows Saber just lost her virginity in Fate, and can tell exactly what Shirou is doing in UBW.

And they actually explain it more in Extra CCC and it is indirectly alluded to in Garden of Avalon besides FSF.