Page 773 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 27367372376376877177277377477577878382387312731773 ... LastLast
Results 15,441 to 15,460 of 37843

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Blog Entries
    Though Extra Chorus is even worse in regards to being completely pointless.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    utterly pointless filler.
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrr
    offense taken

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    Though Extra Chorus is even worse in regards to being completely pointless.
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr
    even more offense taken
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

You, all I have heard about MF has been setting me up to believe it is a terrible movie that is not worth my time. Would you like to refute these claims and perhaps give me a more balanced and charitable outlook?

Just watch the damn movie, it's perfectly fine and ties up both SHIKI's story arc and the series proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    She has, what, three minutes worth of screentime.

This is one of those cases where you should go do your watching after leaving at the door Dullahan's idiosyncrasies.
    I mean, he also thinks adult waver is shit so you're probably right.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    It's a fine story in itself and a great epilogue. Reflecting on the past and the future to come.

Music is very pretty.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    You, all I have heard about MF has been setting me up to believe it is a terrible movie that is not worth my time. Would you like to refute these claims and perhaps give me a more balanced and charitable outlook?
    movie was meh
    novel was better
    it's not terrible though
    ryougi in her 10th anniversary kimono
    mother of mifune is cool
    touko in a cool dress
    mahoyo gameboy reference
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr
    even more offense taken
    Filler has feelings too

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Just watch the damn movie, it's perfectly fine and ties up both SHIKI's story arc and the series proper.
    tbf my original question was just confusion about the eye issue

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I'm not You, but I liked it for giving us insight (hurrrrr) into Nasuverse precog, Really Cute SeoTM, explains something that Mikiya references at the end of movie 7 that you don't get until you see this, and gives a full-circle sort of closure as to what was going on from SHIKI's perspective during the accident and why he might've been okay with dying in Shiki's stead. Extra Chorus also gives us a look at what Fujinon is like after her story and that it gives a sort of reflection of similar themes regarding what SHIKI learned that made him A-OK.

What I don't like about it is that everybody looks like they're wearing noseless kabuki masks, and that the content is stretched thin enough that I get why people say they think its filler.

マリーの味方
    Mirai Fukuin is unironically the best KnK movie if you ignore Paradox Spiral

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    and gives a full-circle sort of closure as to what was going on from SHIKI's perspective during the accident and why he might've been okay with dying in Shiki's stead.
    Actually, on this note, I'm still confused about this. I'm still getting started on the BT translation, but is it ever actually explained how SHIKI even could die in place of Shiki when at the end of the day it's a personality division and injuries to the body, are, well, physical injuries?

I take points off the precog story because Lord above, I get that Nasu isn't above recycling stuff but when you're essentially redoing Plus Disc it's bit too much.
    ah, but some of us haven't gotten the Plus Disc exposure

but seriously it's a case where you must not hurt yourself looking for the medical explanation
    accept it and move on, got it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, certainly. I was one of them until very recently because I couldn't get the blasted thing to work on my laptop for some reason. But then I read it during a boring seminar at uni and by the of it I looked back on Mirai and thought "well, shit".
    I believe that Mirai or at least the idea of the story was done first. However, never published. Then he re-used it in Alliance thinking he'd never release Mirai. But then he did.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Actually, on this note, I'm still confused about this. I'm still getting started on the BT translation, but is it ever actually explained how SHIKI even could die in place of Shiki when at the end of the day it's a personality division and injuries to the body, are, well, physical injuries?
    It isn't exactly personality division and it was implied brain damage. Brain carries the soul and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    It isn't exactly personality division and it was implied brain damage.
    well, yes, I do understand that. But I guess I'm not exactly satisfied with the notion that one personality just chose to be the casualty of said brain damage so that the other could go on totally okay afterwards. I mean, I know that medically the brain can and does re-route around damage but this seems like it's stretching it.

Brain carries the soul and all.
    I suppose my western thinking is interfering in fully internalizing this.

I think it's meant to be more a poetic sacrifice than anything else.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The wrong Shiki died in that accident.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    well, yes, I do understand that. But I guess I'm not exactly satisfied with the notion that one personality just chose to be the casualty of said brain damage so that the other could go on totally okay afterwards. I mean, I know that medically the brain can and does re-route around damage but this seems like it's stretching it.

I suppose my western thinking is interfering in fully internalizing this.
    Well, you've got this world that operates on Equivalent Exchange. You've got a being that's on the cusp of death, literally they say she's vegetative with a 0.0000000000000longassnumber000001% of recovery. That being has two presences within it. One sacrifices itself to full death in exchange for the other returning to full life. Which is itself that whole yin-yang embodiment motif they have.

And the soul-brain thing is something you mostly get from stuff like Fate, how Servant cores are in part in their head and how to kill Avalon-using-Kiritsugu you gotta explode his brain and such.

But weirder things happened to people after brain damage in real life, so I don't think a personality juggle is that much of a stretch.