Page 7 of 1890 FirstFirst ... 2567891217571075071007 ... LastLast

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Blog Entries
    I think Mike deserves that honor more than anyone else.

Into that mountain we go! Gaterjhonz's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sword View Post
    I think Mike deserves that honor more than anyone else.

seconded
    Not so Mega Sig, now properly spoilered
    Spoiler:
    [20:39] <Fishie> I'MA GO PUT HER UNDEREWAR ON MY HEAD LIKE A SALARY PERSON
    the whole story here

A travel Advisory:
    Spoiler:

Come visit the 7th Dimension--Where nightmares dreams are made into realities

[23:50] <Sieg> Gater is golddigging deviant?

[11:59] <TheoReforged> I KNOW WHO YOU ARE NOW
    [11:59] <TheoReforged> YOU'RE .... ROADBUSTER!
    [12:00] <@Leo> i'm sorry but that's retarded
    [12:00] <Irondefiler> *cricket sounds*

Beast's Lair's own Dwarf Fortress succession game is now recruiting mighty able dwarves, sign up if you have what it takes!

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Him, or Baiken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Oh, don't go thinking I haven't seen a lot of weird fetishes.

I think my favourite is that guy who occasionally shows up on /fate/, asking for art of TM girls putting on the mask from the movie The Mask. I remember commenting that it was one of the weirder fetishes I've seen, and someone else got all smug like "that's nothing, I bet you've never even seen 2 girls 1 cup!"

What they didn't get is that the most confusing/hilarious fetishes aren't the "gross" ones, but fetishism of totally innocuous things.
    So I found those images, and by god the word weird cannot even describe the pure WTFness of those images. I can deal with the fetish, but I cannot understand the...motivation? Inspiration? Sick-mindedness? behind the images. It's just that weird.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    People turning into plugsuits.

I never wtf'd harder.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    I just found a new Greek author to explore. Not great as an actual writer, but incredibly useful on cultural commentary. Shall we see what he says about Alexander?

Quote Originally Posted by Athenaeus, Δειπνοσοφισταί 603a-b
    φιλόπαις δ᾽ ἦν ἐκμανῶς καὶ Ἀλέξανδρος ὁ βασιλεύς. Δικαίαρχος γοῦν ἐν τῷ περὶ τῆς ἐν Ἰλίῳ Θυσίας Βαγώου τοῦ εὐνούχου οὕτως αὐτόν φησιν ἡττᾶσθαι ὡς ἐν ὄψει θεάτρου ὅλου καταφιλεῖν αὐτὸν ἀνακλάσαντα, καὶ τῶν θεατῶν ἐπιφωνησάντων μετὰ κρότου οὐκ ἀπειθήσας πάλιν ἀνακλάσας ἐφίλησεν.

Καρύστιος δ᾽ ἐν Ἱστορικοῖς Ὑπομνήμασι ‘ Χάρωνι, φησί, τῷ Χαλκιδεῖ παῖς καλὸς ἦν καὶ εἶχεν εὖ πρὸς αὐτόν. ὡς δ᾽ Ἀλέξανδρος παρὰ Κρατερῷ αὐτὸν ἐπῄνεσεν γενομένου πότου, ὁ Χάρων ἐκέλευσε τὸν παῖδα καταφιλῆσαι τὸν Ἀλέξανδρον καὶ ὃς "μηδαμῶς," εἶπεν, "οὐ γὰρ οὕτως ἐμὲ εὐφρανεῖ ὡς σὲ λυπήσει'
    King Alexander was quite mad with love for boys. Dikaiarkhos indeed says in his 'On the Sacrifice at Troy' that he was so in love with Bagoas the eunarch that, bending back towards him, he kissed him heartily in from of the whole theatre. When they acclaimed this with applause, he obeyed them, and bent back to kiss him again.

Karystios, in his 'Historical Dissertations' that Kharon the Khalkidean had a pretty boy, whom he held dear. When Alexander praised the boy during a drinking party, at Krateros', Kharon ordered the boy to kiss Alexander, but he said, "Not at all, no! For he would not please me to the same degree as he would hurt you by doing this".

Awww - these are really sweet (and you are now imagining that Waver is a eunarch).

Also ...

Quote Originally Posted by Athenaeus, Δειπνοσοφισταί 601e

ὅλως δὲ τοὺς παιδικοὺς ἔρωτας τῶν ἐπὶ ταῖς θηλείαις προκρίνουσι πολλοί, παρὰ γὰρ τὰς ἄλλας ταῖς εὐνομουμέναις πόλεσιν ἐπὶ τῆς Ἑλλάδος σπουδασθῆναι τόδε τὸ ἔθος.
    Many whole-heartedly prefer affairs with boys to those with females, for those cities in Greece which are the best-governed compared to the others are enthusiastic about this custom.

This is brilliant! Far too funny.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    "Oh. You made a lot this time. 10, 15, 17… I see. You reproduced all the Noble Phantasms you can see."
    "What?"

"Do not take me lightly. What sort of hero would I be if I could not see through a magus? I can easily tell how many spells you are working on."
    ""

His words are unexpected.
    The king of heroes that possesses thousands of Noble Phantasms can figure out my magic just by looking at me?
    So reading this I just realized that contrary to my memory of the scene tainted by the UBW movie, Shirou didn't have a giant pile of swords floating behind him, and Gil saw completely through what he was doing internally with just a glance.

Gil just got a bit more awesome in my book.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^^ Wait, Seika, you didn't know that?

Huh. History knowledge win GET!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

You...you're kidding. That isn't even a question, it's a statement. Remember the All Seeing Star/Eye NP he apparently has. Still not a question, you know this one you heartless bastard. Somebody yell at him some more, I need to be somewhere like, right now.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    ^^ Wait, Seika, you didn't know that?
    Which part particularly? That Alexander was bi/gay; that Greek cities often promoted paiderasty? Yeah, knew that. Didn't know these particular stories abut him, or that awesome bit about gay men governing a city better.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So reading this I just realized that contrary to my memory of the scene tainted by the UBW movie, Shirou didn't have a giant pile of swords floating behind him, and Gil saw completely through what he was doing internally with just a glance.

Gil just got a bit more awesome in my book.

Yeah, that all seeing eye thing.
    We talked about it awhile ago. It's even funnier that he manages to flub things even with that.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Blog Entries
    I know why he can do all that. Just saying, the real scene is so much more awesome than the movie scene, which is the version I remembered due to the overwhelming power of visual stimuli.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I know why he can do all that. Just saying, the real scene is so much more awesome than the movie scene, which is the version I remembered due to the overwhelming power of visual stimuli.
    And also, Archer did not hurl a giant-10-meter-long-3-meter-wide-sword at Shirou.

That scene was seriously WUT.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Which part particularly? That Alexander was bi/gay; that Greek cities often promoted paiderasty? Yeah, knew that. Didn't know these particular stories abut him, or that awesome bit about gay men governing a city better.
    Makes sense for Greece, that last bit.

As I recall it was a regular law in Rome, actually, that married men couldn't have sex with anyone but their wives, unless there was an exchange of money (prostitution, in simple terms :P) or if it was with another man. Though the Romans were fascinated with male sexuality, one of the things they loved nearly as much was the female orgasm. Say what you will about them, they certainly paid attention to their women!

And I guess it's just me having done lots of research on Alex that gave me the prior knowledge of certain stories like that. He was an interesting and cool guy, until he started going crazy after Tyre and some incidents in Persia.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

^
    That Shirou then shattered with a single swing of either Kanshou or Bakuya.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    What's this about an all-seeing eye?

deadfish
    It's something his younger counterpart has.

In a card game.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Sha Nagba Imuru - The all-knowing, all-powerful star
    Ko-gil's Noble Phantasm. In the hollow ataraxia card game though. Does it really exist? Does older Gilgamesh even have it?
    Actually the name of Gilgamesh's legend (translated as: He Who Knows Everything).
    A lot of people seem to be under the impression that Gilgamesh is a dope, but he's very knowledgeable and cunning, even as an adult; able to see through exactly what Shirou was trying to do prior to activating UBW (as to the number of traced weapons he was preparing; has fair enough knowledge of thaumaturgy), etc. Hence, this (card game) Noble Phantasm for taking a look at some of the cards in the opponent's hand and the stack....which is pretty useless actually, but hey.
    It may be there. It may not.

EDIT:

Copy-pasta arai's stuff right after arai's own post, lolz-worthy.

Blog Entries
    Huh. Interesting. I always figured that Gilgamesh's body was closer to perfect, so his "vision" was superior.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sword View Post
    Huh. Interesting. I always figured that Gilgamesh's body was closer to perfect, so his "vision" was superior.
    His gaze is so penetrating, it gives you cancer apparently.