Page 1192 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 19269210921142118211871190119111921193119411971202124212921692 ... LastLast
Results 23,821 to 23,840 of 37846

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Flat's anything but nothing special; otoh Shirou fits the Hufflepuff work ethic.

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    and perceived lack of brainpower, but gryffindor's central trait is courage to the point of stupidity
    like i believe he would be one of those cases where sorting hat barely even touches him before giving the verdict

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmadillo View Post
    not to get into this argument again, but Fate shows quite well that saber getting mauled by herc serves as a trigger for Shirou's mamoru overdrive, nothing like that happens to Rin in UBW. not that there are no inconsistencies in his gender attitudes
    Don't make me go over how this is bollocks again. Please.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Do what you wish, I don't see how your argument is incompatible with mine. I'm not saying his possessive overprotectiveness in Fate is exclusively tied to that one scene nor do I wish to do the whole "hesnotactuallysexist" routine.

I'm having a headache already from reading that comment

He's emasculated by years of Rin being better, stronger and cooler than him in every way, so he's all too happy to have another projection target. This one too being better, stronger and cooler than him in every way is another story all together.

JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Shirou the happy housewife.

His dad is to blame for not recognizing and encouraging his real talents and making him want to fight and shit.

JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    he's to blame for not bringing in a little sister for shirou to take care of

A puppy would've worked.

JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    didn't work out for John Wick

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Hell's teeth, I am sick of people using that as an excuse.

No matter how strong she is or how armored she is, I think it's wrong for a girl to have to fight.
    (Fate, Day 3, Promised Sign)
    Before Berserker.

"…? I'm talking about you. A girl shouldn't be swinging swords around, all the more so if you're hurt.
    …Oh wait, I don't even know if it's a sword or not, huh? Anyway! You're a girl, so you can't do that!"
    (Day 3, Tōsaka Rin (II))
    Before Berserker; after defeating both Lancer and Archer; she's healed herself, so the being hurt is rubbish; and in any case, he says 'all the more so', rather than 'because'.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    mamoru overdrive is a special ability, it doesn't mean mamoru as a passive skill didn't exist before
    so no incompatibility

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And my point was he never acts that patronizingly towards Rin*, who logically, being an unarmoured squishy human instead of an undead superhero in magic armour, is in far more peril than Saber.

*Or if he does, I can't remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rin never declare she is going to fight head on against legendary powerful spirits

In fact she said so much as "normally masters really shouldnt fight servants directly"

I think he didnt fuss Rin for doing A the same way he fuss Saberr for doing A because Rin said she wont do A.
    Last edited by castor212; December 12th, 2017 at 08:18 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    And my point was he never acts that patronizingly towards Rin*, who logically, being an unarmoured squishy human instead of an undead superhero in magic armour, is in far more peril than Saber.

*Or if he does, I can't remember it.
    Not in her face at least afaik.
    There's a different relationship dynamic at play too ofc, apart from mamoru overdrive. Rin is the senpai and assumes a leadership role, while Saber is in a subservient role, which normally would impose on Shirou a responsibility for her safety.

Blog Entries
    TBF a lot of his changes in UBW come from after he watches saber beat down berserker, he rather admirably readjusts his thinking. In a very real since he forcibly breaks his own biases when confronted with evidence to contradict them. Not everyone would be able to do that. To a certain extent rin benifits from shirou having that situation occur. It does a lot to make him rethink his views on what is right for him to do regarding a woman more competent then he himself is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmadillo View Post
    mamoru overdrive is a special ability, it doesn't mean mamoru as a passive skill didn't exist before
    so no incompatibility
    And I contest that there's no functional difference in what he's saying before and after.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Rin never declare she is going to fight head on against legendary powerful spirits

In fact she said so much as "normally masters really shouldnt fight servants directly"
    Are we forgetting the scene where Rin's whole plan is for her to confront Caster all on her own?

JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    And I contest that there's no functional difference in what he's saying before and after.
    Yet the bloody saber CG gets used again and again.