Page 1392 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 39289212921342138213871390139113921393139413971402144214921892 ... LastLast
Results 27,821 to 27,840 of 37846

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    You root for him because you only watched the anime and never saw how the novel portrayed him as a creepy obsessive weirdo from the get-go
    I remember him being a normal guy at the beginning, he can't be that different in the novel.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    There’s a part in the prologue IIRC that describes how Kariya can always track down Aoi no matter where she is which i guess is supposed to sound sweet and romantic but when i first read it i kept thinking about how Aoi needs to get a restraining order and some mace

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I remember him being a normal guy at the beginning, he can't be that different in the novel.
    It's not that he's different so much as the fact that we get a better look at his internal processing, which makes it abundantly clear that he was always more interesting in killing Tokiomi so that he could have Aoi for himself then he was saving Sakura.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    There’s a part in the prologue IIRC that describes how Kariya can always track down Aoi no matter where she is which i guess is supposed to sound sweet and romantic but when i first read it i kept thinking about how Aoi needs to get a restraining order and some mace
    No I feel like you had it right the first time.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Quote Originally Posted by F/Z Vol 3 Act 9
    The ultimate end of what Matō Kariya seeks is only the showdown with Tōsaka Tokiomi. Not considering his chances of winning, in the event that he was in the end victorious over Tokiomi and furthermore obtained the Grail— at that time, what will Kariya face?... It did not even require thought; it must be his own darkness. Originally for the sake of helping Aoi reclaim her daughter, but now to claim the life of Aoi's husband. He still seemed unaware this contradiction. No, rather than to say he is unaware, one might say he is, because of the jealousy and selfishness of his heart, intentionally deceiving himself and hiding this feeling. When facing that bloodstained victory, Matō Kariya will definitely sink into the dilemma of having to face the ugliness of his own heart.
    Now this doesn't detract Kariya wanting to save Sakura from being a noble act in itself, just don't ignore that he was doing it for his raging hateboner against Tokiomi and fantasizing that Aoi wanted the same thing that he wanted.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

US Friend Code
    Tokiomi did everything wrong.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    So what does that say when most people root for him? That people like that kind of stuff?
    I mean, even if his methods are incompetent and questionable, he's still the only person in the cast trying to do anything to save the little girl from being constantly raped by worms as a dirty old man watches on. I figure that has something to do with his popularity.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    I mean, even if his methods are incompetent and questionable, he's still the only person in the cast trying to do anything to save the little girl from being constantly raped by worms as a dirty old man watches on. I figure that has something to do with his popularity.
    To be fair no one else knew that was going on, though. In GO's Zero event, once Iskandar found out he burned down the Matou house and saved her.

Then he took her as his slave until Kariya agreed to cut off his own hand in payment, but still, he saved her once he learned about the worms.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Anime Secondaries.
    Sure, YMVW, but I've never seen this as a big Kariya demographic
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Wyrd oft neređ unfǽgne eorl, ₫onne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign
    To be fair no one else knew that was going on, though. In GO's Zero event, once Iskandar found out he burned down the Matou house and saved her.
    Then he took her as his slave until Kariya agreed to cut off his own hand in payment, but still, he saved her once he learned about the worms.
    I would be curious to see Tokiomi's reaction in that situation, though sadly I can't see him being popular enough to show up in something like GO.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Kariya is a Nice Guy later revealed to have terrible, selfish motives. Kerry is a jackass who has a genuinely good motive.
    Said good motive is also really stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    Now this doesn't detract Kariya wanting to save Sakura from being a noble act in itself, just don't ignore that he was doing it for his raging hateboner against Tokiomi and fantasizing that Aoi wanted the same thing that he wanted.
    So in a sense, he's like HF Shirou if Sakura DIDN'T want to be saved and her "danger" was mostly a delusion cocked up in his head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I would be curious to see Tokiomi's reaction in that situation, though sadly I can't see him being popular enough to show up in something like GO.
    Same. I actually wish we got more Tokiomi in general. Actually, I'd want to learn more about the past Tohsakas in general, especially the Third Grail War Master and Nagato's daughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

So in a sense, he's like HF Shirou if Sakura DIDN'T want to be saved and her "danger" was mostly a delusion cocked up in his head.
    Now I'm picturing a perfectly loving and healthy Zouken and Shinji dining with Sakura while Shirou bangs on their window shouting. Shinji raises an eyebrow, then calmly tells Sakura, "We really have to do something about that guy, Sis."

Now I'm picturing a perfectly loving and healthy Zouken and Shinji dining with Sakura while Shirou bangs on their window shouting. Shinji raises an eyebrow, then calmly tells Sakura, "We really have to do something about that guy, Sis."
    And now I'm busting a gut laughing. Thanks.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    In what way does Kariya of all people contrast with Kiritsugu?
    Kerry actually gets to fuck the girl he loves and/or is obsessed with
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Well he has one thing over Kariya. He isn't homeless, so he's less of a hobo there.
    And cheat on said love with another lady as well.

I guess he has Kariya beat 2x over?

Yeah, but I mean, that's kind of an unfair comparison.

Kariya doesn't get the attentions of an adult woman who has been won over by a smooth, suave handsome man who is rich as hell.

Kerry gets the attentions of someone who literally has never walked out of Papa's house, is barely any older than the baby she's just given birth to, and was intended to be pretty much a gift wife for Kiritsugu to fuck until it's time to sacrifice her to Magical Wish Granting Cup.

I'd say that pre-bugs, the somewhat still normal runaway from a family of dicks who just wants to settle with a family would be more attractive to any normal woman than the edgy traumatized killer for hire with grandiose dreams of Utopia.
    Last edited by OverMaster; January 18th, 2019 at 11:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    I'd say that pre-bugs, the somewhat still normal runaway from a family of dicks who just wants to settle with a family would be more attractive to any normal woman than the edgy traumatized killer for hire with grandiose dreams of Utopia.
    Not according to every movie I’ve ever watched

Movies, by their own nature of being more often than not about quirky and/or remarkable individuals, rarely are about normal people.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I mean that goes without saying. Just think about how boring a movie about your own life would be.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    sounds like Oscar bait movies

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Not according to every movie I’ve ever watched
    Yeah. In those, Kerry is the biggest catch.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but I mean, that's kind of an unfair comparison.

Kariya doesn't get the attentions of an adult woman who has been won over by a smooth, suave handsome man who is rich as hell.

Kerry gets the attentions of someone who literally has never walked out of Papa's house, is barely any older than the baby she's just given birth to, and was intended to be pretty much a gift wife for Kiritsugu to fuck until it's time to sacrifice her to Magical Wish Granting Cup.

It was Tokiomi's goatee man. That "charm point" of his screwed over Kariya.

Also, despite how disturbing Kiritsugu x Iri sounds when you think about it, it still was genuinely sweet and heartfelt.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean that goes without saying. Just think about how boring a movie about your own life would be.
    That's assuming you're not the most interesting man in the world. Stay frosty.