Page 1436 of 1889 FirstFirst ... 4369361336138614261431143414351436143714381441144614861536 ... LastLast
Results 28,701 to 28,720 of 37765

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Neither have you

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Neither have you
    Good one.

That is exactly the reason why I have put "we" in the post, since "we" don't have any concrete info on the missing parts of the Nasuverse.

Quoting myself:

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    We don't even know what are the official names of True Magic 1 and 4
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    I just sighed when the word "Sixth Magic" came up when Nasu said there were only 5 Magics.
    Was the 第六法 thing ever mentioned again after Melty Blood?
    Last edited by aldeayeah; May 15th, 2019 at 11:08 AM.
    don't quote me on this

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Presumably, Ciel can still exist in non-Tsukihime lines.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not in FGO's line, or at least she would probably just be a regular person there.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I thought the Stand user rule applied to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    ^Im trying to think of a joke regarding Ciel takng it up the ass and the rule Stands are like assholes but im not funny enough

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    ok ill bite
    the ones i know to be not retcon but more like expansion:

>God Hand's defensive ability going from giving Herc complete conceptual immunity to being killed by the same method more than once to simply giving him a strong resistance to attacks made in that method.
    Its a difference in japanese words being used. "Attacks being inneffective" is not the same as "attacks being conceptually nullified". Nasu actually never used conceptually nullified when describing Herc's resist.

>Gods/Divine Spirits (the Mesopotamian ones in particular) as entities born out of human belief from the planet being changed to gods/Divine Spirits (the Mesopotamian ones in particular) as entities derived from ancient aliens (implied to be TYPEs). This was also bundled up with stuff like the Picts being aliens.
    Both still gods. THere are gods born from human belief, there are aliens being worshipped as gods and then become gods. Its not a mutually exclusive thing.

>The Hassans going from the only Heroic Spirits in existence who even qualify for the Assassin classto the idea that they were the only Assassins a misconception based on the fact that every summoning of the class involved the word "assassin" being used as a catalyst.
    Well, thats not exactly true. It has always been that way since CM3.

>Tiamat being some super special Beast in FGO when she was just a normal Divine Spirit in CCC Foxtail and Apocrypha
    Being A only mentioned in 1 entry does not preclude being A is more special than what is revealed.

>Servants keeping their memories from previous summonings in FGO (you can't just say "the summoning system is different", Chaldea would have to be summoning the HS directly rather than making a Servant copy were they to do that).
    Yes you can say that. Fuyuki was Windows XP while Chaldea is Windows 10. Windows 10 has this nifty function where my PC remembers the update and can roll back to previous system update, while Windows XP has to uhhh IIRC manual download update.
    Ok maybe bad analogy but anyway Fuyuki is only a summoning system. Chaldea is both a summoning system and a bank data. Fuyuki summoning is always from zero because there's no save data. Chaldea has save data, so when Chaldea summons something the summoned being conforms to the save data.

>Fate and Tsukihime being in the same -- or at least similar -- timeline due to EMIYA having received his red coat from Ciel
    Well, first of all, tHis is less established canon and more Nasu being "it'd be interesting if thats what happens."
    Second of all, for all you know there are like, more than one clergy member likes curry other than Ciel.

>Primate Murder being turned into a fucking mascot character with a verbal tic.
    By definition, this is not a retcon. Fou can and still will be prime killer doggo on steroid if let loose on bad environment.

>Originally servant shaving rpg like parameters and rankings was just because that was the easiest way for shiro to visualize them and other masters viewed servant strengths in different ways but it seems like everyone sees it just like yamato carrot head now.
    Tina Chelc sees it as river flows.

- - - Updated - - -

Im finding it slightly funny that the retcon claim does not include things where Nasu actually says "Actually that's a lie" moments.

THe original post was badly written, but this post perfectly illustrates how Nasu just keeps making up shit as he goes along. Which worked for him initially, and gave the impression that he really had this whole thing planned out in his mind, but the longer he goes on the more people who liked the old shit better will pop up.

Nasu is a great DM but he sucks at keeping notes and he's dragged this one campaign far too long.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    ^Im trying to think of a joke regarding Ciel takng it up the ass and the rule Stands are like assholes but im not funny enough
    Yeah, and the two "rules" say opposite things.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

New works utilize things in new ways/introduce new things instead of using only what we've seen in the exact same way.

I don't see how this is weird or shocking. I also don't see how that retcons or contradicts the past stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not in FGO's line, or at least she would probably just be a regular person there.
    Really? But Roa still exists in GO's line, no? Or did Dantes permanently kill him?

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Really? But Roa still exists in GO's line, no? Or did Dantes permanently kill him?
    Yeah, Dantes killed him. Still, considering Ciel's magical super potential, she probably became something out of the ordinary. Again, gravity.

Huh. How did Dantes prevent his reincarnation, then?

Burning him away with the flames of unadulterated edge

Dunno.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Burning him away with the flames of unadulterated edge
    Or that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Huh. How did Dantes prevent his reincarnation, then?
    One of the treasures of Monte Cristo was a holy relic called the “Fourteenth Treasure,” which let him use black flames that burned away Roa’s soul

Cool. Thanks, McJon!

For all we know Roa isn’t kapoot after that however.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    For all we know Roa isn’t kapoot after that however.
    They strongly implied he is very kapoot, both Nasu and the Drama CD itself.

I mean, the very last thing Roa does it's basically go into a "this can't be happening, I was supposed to be the infinite reincarnator" death cry. You can't be more clear than that.
    Last edited by yokushi; May 16th, 2019 at 06:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    the classic "edgy fanfic OC stomps on the antagonist from the original work to show how strong he is" manoeuvre. a hardy annual
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty