Page 1275 of 1892 FirstFirst ... 27577511751225126512701273127412751276127712801285132513751775 ... LastLast
Results 25,481 to 25,500 of 37826

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Thought I remembered it from somewhere. I can't link back to the original because the thread is closed though. (It's from page 605 in the original CaS thread, if anyone cares)
    Quote Originally Posted by cm3
    Valor: A+

With his brave and daring spirit, Heracles is able to neutralize mental interference such as intimidation, confusion and enchantment. However, this skill is unable to take effect while he is maddened. When operating correctly, Valor also increases the damage inflicted in melee combat. This allowed Heracles to defeat several monsters barehanded.

Caption: Even the brave warrior's heart was painted over by the insanity of Mad Enhancement.
    I didn't say that Bravery was solely due to his wrassling.
    But an exhibition of his Bravery was his wrassling. Note the quote talks about barehanded, not just monster slaying.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I didn't say that Bravery was solely due to his wrassling.
    But an exhibition of his Bravery was his wrassling. Note the quote talks about barehanded, not just monster slaying.
    So Bravery is linked to monster-slaying then, though obviously not just that. Thanks for explaining You!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    half misc thought half question

We know more or less what's Herc's NP/main armament as his other class of Archer (bronze arrow)
    and maybe RIder (Cerberus riding whohoooo)

but what would be Lancer/Saber's signature NP from the 12 labors, i wonder
    that is, what would be among that that is speary/swordy enough
    (besides nine lives that is basically multipurpose weapon technique)
    Seika had post a long time ago about the stuff Herc might get
    For Lancer he did use a spear for the Boar labor. And the Shield of Herakles mentions a spear. So as Lancer he might get Shield and Spear from that.
    As Saber Athena gave him a golden sword he used to fight the Hydra so probably something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

So Bravery is linked to monster-slaying then, though obviously not just that. Thanks for explaining You!
    Well its more like, one act of Bravery is wrestling with monsters barehanded.
    That does not encompass what Bravery is because Lu Bu has Bravery etc
    It's just one act that shows your bravery.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Well, I may've exaggerated by saying a bunch of people, but You is a very knowledgeable and well-respected user around here, so I'd imagine his word counts for at least two or three ordinary users. Plus I'm pretty sure I've heard others express similar opinions in the past; I just couldn't be bothered to track them down. (I only found You's post because it was close to one of my old Servant sheets)
    YOU is legion anyway

If a empty hope but I really like a FGO shounen (I think I said this before) from the beginning of 50+ chapters, with cliches and such like people grab sword beams with the hands or break through unpenetrable defenses with sheer force and screems.

But mainly this, I would like that Ritsuka suffer of a secondary effect of the Lev attempt that spontaneously make him chance from man to woman and vice versa or that some thing trigger the change. In that way we get to Gudao and Gudako and all happy. Oh, and for the oufits, Da-Vinci can make that the clothes change along with him/her.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But would Guda(k)o only go to the Singularities with Mash, or would (s)he have other Servants? And would the team be an average F2P team or a whale's team?

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    But would Guda(k)o only go to the Singularities with Mash, or would (s)he have other Servants? And would the team be an average F2P team or a whale's team?
    Gudako/o + Mash + The Servants of the Singularities + If there is someone in Chaldea but you know, only basic Servants.

admitedly, i never liked that no Servants that canonically came home never accompanied uz

Bedi came home after camelot, but he never showed up again

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    As Saber Athena gave him a golden sword he used to fight the Hydra so probably something like that.
    If he executed the technique, it will be blinding especially if done during daytime.

But how he will demonstrate the technique using a shield?

Just my thought.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

But mainly is Guda+ Mash because Mash have to level up and in crisis times she can active the Ascension as a momentary Power Up that put her in par with Servants like errrh, we say, Karna but if the bond with Guda is affected she would go Alter.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, Digimon but with Servants

So, Digimon but with Servants
    ...Y-yeah, basically.

I've kinda been thinking about this for a while...

Since we learned that the seven classes for the HGW servants are based on the Grands, and we have the "seven guardians" and all that jazz, it would be correct to assume that any extra classes don't exist as grands, right?
    So then when we have stuff like Ruler, you could also assume that it's something created by the grail creators specifically for the purpose of the HGW and all, in Ruler's case being the mediator in case something goes completely fubar.
    But then, that also feels like it kinda falls apart when you think about extra classes like Shielder which don't feel like they could even possibly have a role in the HGW in terms of bigger picture stuff, but just exist as an alternate class (same with a few other extra classes), and then you have like Avenger which was originally just a class for Angra so then it makes sense it was "artificially" created, but now that's not really the case anymore, and Saver, etc.

Kinda rambling, don't really have anywhere I was going with this thought, just something I had thought of but that ended up falling apart in my head at the same time. It's probably looking too much into it and they're not all supposed to have special roles, and just be "alternate classes" for those that fit more, idk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    I've kinda been thinking about this for a while...

Since we learned that the seven classes for the HGW servants are based on the Grands, and we have the "seven guardians" and all that jazz, it would be correct to assume that any extra classes don't exist as grands, right?
    So then when we have stuff like Ruler, you could also assume that it's something created by the grail creators specifically for the purpose of the HGW and all, in Ruler's case being the mediator in case something goes completely fubar.
    But then, that also feels like it kinda falls apart when you think about extra classes like Shielder which don't feel like they could even possibly have a role in the HGW in terms of bigger picture stuff, but just exist as an alternate class (same with a few other extra classes), and then you have like Avenger which was originally just a class for Angra so then it makes sense it was "artificially" created, but now that's not really the case anymore, and Saver, etc.

Kinda rambling, don't really have anywhere I was going with this thought, just something I had thought of but that ended up falling apart in my head at the same time. It's probably looking too much into it and they're not all supposed to have special roles, and just be "alternate classes" for those that fit more, idk.
    Some,like Alter Ego or Moon Cancer, canonically only exist inside the Moon Cell.

Well, that depends on Okita Alter's circumstances a bit, but still. GO bringing gameplay complications to lore discussion isn't anything new.

US Friend Code
    I wouldn't say Alter Ego only exists in the MoonCell now they have expanded what it really means. Like Okita isn't the only one we will see. Ashiya Doman, a mythological figure will also be an Alter Ego for example. So if they go by the definition of Alter Ego being a facet that originated by another but at the same time also different from it or something like that then that should work.

Moon Cancer tho I can't see how it be seperate from the moon cell
    Last edited by Iceblade44; June 18th, 2018 at 11:14 PM.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wait for fgo world mats in 2020
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

I was checking some Servant profiles while waiting for my BP to fill up and it hit me that Golden Wild Hunt's "subtitle" is rendered as just "Night of the Golden Hind and the Storm" in F/GO.
    It's a shame. I really liked "Golden Stag and the Eventide Tempest" (as evidenced by the fact that I still remember it this many years later,I guess), it just had more oomph as a title.

EXTRA's localisation really went that extra mile.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Golden stag is wronk tho
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

US Friend Code
    I thought that Avenger was still a class designed by the Einzberns for the 3rd war, and after they designed it only then did non-Angra Avengers start qualifying for the class.

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Golden stag is wronk tho
    Same animal, just different gender.
    Granted Drake's ship was called Golden Hind, but that's named correctly in the game.