Page 1371 of 1371 FirstFirst ... 3718711271132113611366136913701371
Results 27,401 to 27,413 of 27413

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Translation: Legends and myths are not inherently bound to any one location, wanting to categorise them and put them in a box is bad civilisation, also look at what a snarky fucker I am
    I bet you liked Log Horizon you hypocrite.
    He does have a point, but is also wrong since legends are inherently culture- and location-driven.

Εις οιωνός άριστος, αμύνεσθαι περί πάτρις Deathhappens's Avatar
    Legends are tied to certain cultures, but cultures are very seldom bound to a certain location, not even one as broad as a single continent. Example: The Celts, spread everywhere in Europe including the islands of Albion and Eire. Greek civilisation spread all across the Near East and the coasts of Europe, and when it was largely adopted by the Romans it both mutated and expanded, with new myths and legends coming to add to or replace the old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    RENT FREE
    Ok sorry, you win. I can't translate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    I-it's not like I keep thinking about you in my head or something b-baka

Look, I'm flattered, but...
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.

Blog Entries
    I think Medea being lumped all on her own in "Caucasus" away from literally every other Greek Heroic Spirit that doesn't belong in the "Aegean Sea" either has to be the most ridiculous of the lot.
    I see what you're arguing, but Colchis was on the far side of the Black Sea, the most accurate modern day country would be Georgia.

With your logic, Astolfo is Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    so she’s ugly boring and bad truly a triple threat your fav could never

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I see what you're arguing, but Colchis was on the far side of the Black Sea, the most accurate modern day country would be Georgia.

With your logic, Astolfo is Italian
    And the Gorgon sisters set up shop somewhere near Sicily, and Macedonia's landlocked entirely. Why only Medea?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know where Astolfo is supposed to be from, can't comment.

Blog Entries
    ^ Astolfo is the same as Lancelot in that they're both "born in Country X but legend involves Country Y" and so their various Fate profiles flip flop on where their Region is supposed to be.

But in regards to this map, since the title places more emphasis on their (in-story) country of birth, Astolfo being listed in Britain makes more sense to me.

Blog Entries
    region: a book
    ちょう
    しん
    こつ

Blog Entries
    And the Gorgon sisters set up shop somewhere near Sicily, and Macedonia's landlocked entirely. Why only Medea?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know where Astolfo is supposed to be from, can't comment.
    Astolfo was born in Britain and lived from France, but he's largely from the Renaissance Italian versions of the Matter of France.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    so she’s ugly boring and bad truly a triple threat your fav could never

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    ^ Astolfo is the same as Lancelot in that they're both "born in Country X but legend involves Country Y" and so their various Fate profiles flip flop on where their Region is supposed to be.

But in regards to this map, since the title places more emphasis on their (in-story) country of birth, Astolfo being listed in Britain makes more sense to me.
    Did Astolfo and Lancelot's profile really flip flop tho? I think I would notice it by now if they are inconsistent on the region listed.

Click the image to ConQUEST

Quote Originally Posted by A Certain Redditor
    At least during that long hiatus when we thought Index III was a pipe dream, we could still have hope. Hope for another good season to eventually one day come. Now we've just got... shattered dreams.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Did Astolfo and Lancelot's profile really flip flop tho? I think I would notice it by now if they are inconsistent on the region listed.
    I was probably being hyperbolic, but I definitely remember their F/GO regions being listed differently from their debut series Zero/Apocrypha.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I was probably being hyperbolic, but I definitely remember their F/GO regions being listed differently from their debut series Zero/Apocrypha.
    Oh, yeah just checked it for Astolfo.

They did listed his Place of Origin is England in Apoc mat. While FGO Region is France.

Though, knowing this franchise, Place of Origin and Region may refer to different thing.

Click the image to ConQUEST

Quote Originally Posted by A Certain Redditor
    At least during that long hiatus when we thought Index III was a pipe dream, we could still have hope. Hope for another good season to eventually one day come. Now we've just got... shattered dreams.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    region: a book
    origin: horny french noblewoman's ntr fantasies