Page 1273 of 1889 FirstFirst ... 27377311731223126312681271127212731274127512781283132313731773 ... LastLast
Results 25,441 to 25,460 of 37765

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Hm. Can you remember when they did that in the novel?
    When Medea went to the Church, she specifies that she was looking for the Lesser Grail assuming they kept it there. I don't remember if she mentioned the Greater Grail.

There's also that the hole in the sky was never the same as the Illya/Shinji grails, although that's not as clear.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    When Medea went to the Church, she specifies that she was looking for the Lesser Grail assuming they kept it there. I don't remember if she mentioned the Greater Grail.
    She mentions the vessel of the Grail or something of that sort, but it seems like one would need a diploma in Nasuspeak to not be surprised by Shirou's sudden realisation "There's no way we can save Sakura... Unless somehow she's only like a satellite receiving transmissions from somewhere else" just from that.
    I mean, I knew they were going to save Sakura somehow, but the sudden realisation threw me off my immersion.
    Also, going on a tangent, me not having read or watched KnK prior to Fate made Ilya's explanation about the true purpose of the Grail more confusing than it should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    She mentioned the Greater Grail anime too, just before she "killed" Kotomine. To be honest, the whole system confused me for a while.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    A much bigger asspull than Avalon was the whole Greater Grail / Lesser Grail concept being suddenly introduced out of nowhere, just in time to provide a relatively neat answer to how to save Sakura and also not let the Shadow keep eating people.
    Actually, they did give you clues about how Ilya was the lesser grail in as early as Fate(he asks her to "open it up" and she goes ballistic trying to fry him), even had clues in one bad end about the soul transferral in that route.

Besides, the question that should be ringing in your ears is that if Saber destroyed the grail in the last war, why would it come back? Meaning there was always a larger system at work.

Also, in HF, Rin mentioned a map she had to the cavern when she surmised the Shadow might be a malfunction of sorts of the Grail system, but then didn't follow that grain of thought until Ilya spilled the news about the true goal of the system, and that Sakura was under a contract with AM.

A lot of hinting at things under the surface that Kirei, Zouken, and Gil keep under wraps to troll other people.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Actually, they did give you clues about how Ilya was the lesser grail in as early as Fate(he asks her to "open it up" and she goes ballistic trying to fry him), even had clues in one bad end about the soul transferral in that route.

Besides, the question that should be ringing in your ears is that if Saber destroyed the grail in the last war, why would it come back? Meaning there was always a larger system at work.

Also, in HF, Rin mentioned a map she had to the cavern when she surmised the Shadow might be a malfunction of sorts of the Grail system, but then didn't follow that grain of thought until Ilya spilled the news about the true goal of the system, and that Sakura was under a contract with AM.

A lot of hinting at things under the surface that Kirei, Zouken, and Gil keep under wraps to troll other people.
    You wouldn't know Saber destroyed the Grail in the last war (or, indeed, most of what happened there) while reading F/SN though. Unless you'd read the prequel first.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    You wouldn't know Saber destroyed the Grail in the last war (or, indeed, most of what happened there) while reading F/SN though. Unless you'd read the prequel first.
    "Yes. He was my Master ten years ago in the previous Holy Grail War. I won to the end, and the Holy Grail came into Kiritsugu's hands.
    Archer and his Master still remained, so the Holy Grail War should have been ended by their defeat."

"But Kiritsugu threw the Holy Grail away.
    As a result, the town went into flames.
    …That man ordered me to destroy the Holy Grail because Servants are the only ones that can touch the Holy Grail.
    Kiritsugu used his last Command Spell to force me to destroy the Holy Grail."

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hen_Ichi View Post
    Well. Shirou's brand of projection is asspull magic. Considering all the things we learn later, like the struggles and hazards of doing it, it makes use of Avalon more implausible.

And it's only at the moment he near dead after being eaten by grail mud does he remember and pulls off a functional projection of the divine fairy noble phantasm and actually deploys the NP effect.

But of course I'm sure the whole having Avalon shoved in him most of his life and contract with Seiba is the out for this little thing.
    Not when Shirou said it himself that it's impossible to project Ea.

I define a**pull if he projects that one with ease and without any setbacks.

And I define it as such if he projects anything other than blades, which in this case, is more of pulling it out of the library rather than actually doing the projection magecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    "Yes. He was my Master ten years ago in the previous Holy Grail War. I won to the end, and the Holy Grail came into Kiritsugu's hands.
    Archer and his Master still remained, so the Holy Grail War should have been ended by their defeat."

…That man ordered me to destroy the Holy Grail because Servants are the only ones that can touch the Holy Grail.
    Wow, Saber had it all wrong all that time.

She really did not understand Kiritsugu.
    Last edited by hayate; June 11th, 2018 at 07:46 AM.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Well yeah, that was kinda the point of their relationship- that they were just incompatible like that.

Kerry being a giant bitchy manchild about it and playing the "I won't even talk to you/directly acknowledge you" game didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post

Huh. That's weird, because I remember going into Zero wondering "welp let's see how they're going to fuck this up". What route was this said on, HF?

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    Fate route, day 13, after Caster dying from Gilgamesh
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Huh. That's weird, because I remember going into Zero wondering "welp let's see how they're going to fuck this up". What route was this said on, HF?
    Fate, Day 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Guess i just had amnesia then.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    half misc thought half question

We know more or less what's Herc's NP/main armament as his other class of Archer (bronze arrow)
    and maybe RIder (Cerberus riding whohoooo)

but what would be Lancer/Saber's signature NP from the 12 labors, i wonder
    that is, what would be among that that is speary/swordy enough
    (besides nine lives that is basically multipurpose weapon technique)
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    For Lancer he's gonna have the thunder of Zeus like Karna having the dart of Indra or Raikou having the Vajra.
    For Saber it has to be some beam.

Blog Entries
    some beam.
    oh come on

you're right

It would be 12 beams for every angle!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    For Lancer he's gonna have the thunder of Zeus like Karna having the dart of Indra or Raikou having the Vajra.
    For Saber it has to be some beam.
    See I thought that the Thunder of Zeus would be his Saber thing, in the form of a Lightning-Sword Beam. Not sure about Lancer though.

The real question is what he'd have as an Assassin.

the silent punch of sneaky death

Blog Entries
    The real question is what he'd have as an Assassin.
    GO mats probably retcon this

Heracles, who had mastered all manners of armaments, would originally be summoned as Saber, Lancer, Rider, or Archer; Classes befitting of a hero. However, due to possessing the episode of going mad when he was alive, he is also suitable as a Berserker.

GO mats probably retcon this
    GO mats GO schmetz

if we can get an Archer Artoria I can dream of a Assassin Herk

nay, a Caster Herk