Page 1390 of 1889 FirstFirst ... 3908901290134013801385138813891390139113921395140014401490 ... LastLast
Results 27,781 to 27,800 of 37765

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Most anime adaptations of VNs pick a specific route to adapt and stick with that (either that or try to cram all of them together like the DEEN anime did, which tends to make for a hot mess). No reason Tsuki would have to be different.
    Tsukihime's near and far side routes are very distinct and mutually exclusive. They're not quite the sprawling epics Fate's routes are, so I wouldn't say that they warrant individual adaptations; but rather a brand new original story that can make all of Tsukihime's best aspects shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    A manga has much more time to work with than an anime does, spoony.
    Is there anything in the Tsukihime manga which couldn't be done in an anime?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    The manga (I was speaking specifically about film or TV, but manga applies to a lesser extent) is a great adaptation of the Arcueid route (probably my favorite iteration of it) with some extra content that makes for a nicer ebb and flow with other routes, but it still doesn't get into the far side in any meaningful way, because it's not part of its scope, but my point being that Tsukihime isn't just near side.
    And Fate isn't just Fate, UBW or Heaven's Feel, but you still need to read it in proper order for full context (emotional or intellectual) for a variety of things. A good adaptation (something which I'd argue the UBW anime wasn't) should strive to make each route more standalone. This isn't a problem intrinsic to Tsukihime, or inextricable from it.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    I don't think Gatchaman ever was gone for that long, I'm not counting franchises that are in semi-constant activity, like the Ninja Turtles would be in America. Didn't Gatchaman have new iterations in the nineties and early 2000s?
    A three episode OVA remake in 1994. Before returning in full force in 2013 with Gatchaman Crowds.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Is there anything in the Tsukihime manga which couldn't be done in an anime?

- - - Updated - - -

And Fate isn't just Fate, UBW or Heaven's Feel, but you still need to read it in proper order for full context (emotional or intellectual) for a variety of things. A good adaptation (something which I'd argue the UBW anime wasn't) should strive to make each route more standalone. This isn't a problem intrinsic to Tsukihime, or inextricable from it.
    That's an alternative, but Tsukihime's routes aren't long and distinct enough the way Fate's are to be really worth producing five separate TV anime. One for near side and one for far side is more feasible, but I think that it's entirely possible to portray its themes and ideas in an original story that could potentially bring even more to the table.
    tfw no Fate/One

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    Tsuki is about 10 years now.

How long is inactive for Japan?
    it's almost 20 years counting from VN release.

like I said before I just want Kohaku route on movie. I really hope there's her fanboy in Ufotable.
    Last edited by AmADo VII; January 16th, 2019 at 11:42 PM.

Unbelievable - Dullahan is funnier than me. There's a humbling thought.

Also, I had completely forgotten Fujou is nearly 30.

Yeah, fate was not kind to her.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Speaking of Tsukihime, there are like 5 routes for Near and Far Side each, right? Or are there more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Far: Arc and Ciel
    Near: Akiha, Hisui, Kohaku
    Dark: Satsuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Oh. That's less than I thought.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Forbidden: Noel
    tfw no Fate/One

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    Forbidden: Noel
    The fact that it took me several minutes to realise what you were talking about as I had completely forgotten all about Noel makes me sad.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Looking back on Zero, among the human characters does anyone feel Kariya, Aoi, Ryuunosuke, Maiya, and, maybe, Sola were kind of pointless?

I mean it's sometimes a little weird to me how unseen/underpromoted (I guess?) some of these characters are, like Aoi or Maiya or Kariya. Like beyond her son in Strange Fake, have we seen hints of Maiya in adaptations or media beyond Fate/Zero? And I don't mean stuff like she was on a Craft Essence image.

Granted it's kind of interesting, now that I look back on it, how Rin seems to never mention her mother in the VN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    The fact that it took me several minutes to realise what you were talking about as I had completely forgotten all about Noel makes me sad.
    I'm wondering if she'll be the completely normal heroine route.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Kariya contrasts with Kerry. The rest exist in full service to the suffering of other, more important characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Kariya contrasts with Kerry. The rest exist in full service to the suffering of other, more important characters.
    In what way does Kariya of all people contrast with Kiritsugu? You mean the whole obsession with a particular goal and how they're fucked over thanks to their obsession over it?

A lot of the cast in Fate/Zero is kinda pointless yes.

Pin-pon you discovered part of why I don't think it's very good.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Looking back on Zero, among the human characters does anyone feel Kariya, Aoi, Ryuunosuke, Maiya, and, maybe, Sola were kind of pointless?

I mean it's sometimes a little weird to me how unseen/underpromoted (I guess?) some of these characters are, like Aoi or Maiya or Kariya. Like beyond her son in Strange Fake, have we seen hints of Maiya in adaptations or media beyond Fate/Zero? And I don't mean stuff like she was on a Craft Essence image.

Granted it's kind of interesting, now that I look back on it, how Rin seems to never mention her mother in the VN.

I'm wondering if she'll be the completely normal heroine route.
    Aoi was definitely not utilized much, but whether that counts as underutilization is debatable since she never really was meant for much or given much to work with. Ryuunosuke definitely added color to Zero, so I don't think he was pointless, and his twisted bromance with Gilles was fun. Maiya was meant somewhat as a contrast to Iri because Iri was a puppet who embraced humanity while Maiya was a human who lost hers and became nothing more than a puppet. Also, considering Rin had to take care of her slowly dying mother for 5 years, during which the latter was convinced her husband was still alive and her other daughter never left, I'm not surprised Rin wouldn't want to talk about it. Maybe when she grows up and motherhood becomes more of a real possibility, then she'll talk about it or confront it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    A lot of the cast in Fate/Zero is kinda pointless yes.

Pin-pon you discovered part of why I don't think it's very good.
    I had discussed it on a Discord channel and several people pointed out that perhaps a reason why so many were pointless was because "technically" they didn't exist in the VN timeline. Since Zero is technically a slightly different AU (just one with such inconsequential differences it doesn't matter from).

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    I had discussed it on a Discord channel and several people pointed out that perhaps a reason why so many were pointless was because "technically" they didn't exist in the VN timeline. Since Zero is technically a slightly different AU (just one with such inconsequential differences it doesn't matter from).
    That too. Hence why the Ufo animes are technically different AU because they were made with Zero in mind and acknowledging events from Zero.