Page 1438 of 1438 FirstFirst ... 4389381338138814281433143614371438
Results 28,741 to 28,749 of 28749

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

The garden scene with Rani in Last Encore was framed similarly to when Shinji meets Rei again in Rebuld 3.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One

the rage of a thousand white hot blinding suns of hateful fury Ratman's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Isn't Tri-Hermes just the Magi supercomputers in Evangelion?

Isn't Atlas kind of just NERV
    I dare say Hideaki Anno had better understanding of Hermeticism than Nasu, but that's not exactly a feat.

Let me record all of humanity on a tablet, because emerald tablet, get it, even though that whole stasis stuff is entirely unrelated. I mean you could probably interpret Zepia as a gnostic yeeeting against the inevitability set up by the Demiurge, but DoO's acceptance is not very gnostic.

Something something explaining the laws of universe something something computers. This is Sion's character you're welcome, nobody thought about where it is that metaphysics become actual physics because I wouldn't waste my time reading the Kybalion and Nasu sure didn't

- - - Updated - - -

I mean Nasu has very solid understanding of Matter of Britain and I'll give him that, but he's straight incapable of interpreting western magical traditions without bringing zen buddhism into it.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I wouldn't say that. His usage of the Armanen runes shows no sign of Eastern esoterism (at least that I'm aware of), for instance.
    (I really wish he hadn't used the Armanen runes, though. Von List and his ilk are a stain on Norse studies.)
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.
    A Fairy Tale of Love and Death (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A meeting between Scáthach and King Hassan in the distant past.

Blog Entries
    very little zen in nasu these days
    しょう
    よう
    じゃく

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    very little [ ... ] nasu these days
    Appropriated and edited to reflect my opinion.

No, I don't want producer/director Nasu. I want my Mushroom back in the hot seat, for good (or at least another IP, and one where he does the brunt of the heavy lifting).
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    but i was told he's the one who writes all the "actually good, no really, I swear" parts of Eff Gee Oh, what to take away from this
    しょう
    よう
    じゃく

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I won't deny his contributions to things that happen behind the scenes, but I will express disappointment in him not showing any indication that he's working on my theoretical, ideal, Type-Moon's Renaissance-inducing new IP.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    I dare say Hideaki Anno had better understanding of Hermeticism than Nasu, but that's not exactly a feat.

Let me record all of humanity on a tablet, because emerald tablet, get it, even though that whole stasis stuff is entirely unrelated. I mean you could probably interpret Zepia as a gnostic yeeeting against the inevitability set up by the Demiurge, but DoO's acceptance is not very gnostic.

Something something explaining the laws of universe something something computers. This is Sion's character you're welcome, nobody thought about where it is that metaphysics become actual physics because I wouldn't waste my time reading the Kybalion and Nasu sure didn't

- - - Updated - - -

I mean Nasu has very solid understanding of Matter of Britain and I'll give him that, but he's straight incapable of interpreting western magical traditions without bringing zen buddhism into it.
    Admittedly, there was a lot of interaction in the Mongol era between Hermeticism and Buddhist tradition, with the latter definitely influencing the former and maybe vice versa?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Admittedly, there was a lot of interaction in the Mongol era between Hermeticism and Buddhist tradition, with the latter definitely influencing the former and maybe vice versa?
    I admit I don't know the first thing about Hermeticism, personally, but I would wager that neither did the Mongols. And traders plying the Silk Road are more likely to have been concerned with proliferating profit-bearing ideas (gunpowder, for instance) than obscure -even for its time- occultism.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I've never heard of a Buddhist presence in Europe at the time, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Once and always and nevermore.