Page 313 of 1892 FirstFirst ... 2132633033083113123133143153183233634138131313 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,260 of 37826

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LoliVampLover View Post
    So basically Barthomeloi has more vampire hate in her person than the entire Holy Church? Although, from what I understand, it's less personal hate, and more what snobby rich people do to foxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prelude
    Although she literally reign supreme over the Clock Tower, she had a bad habit.No, maybe it wasn't her's, but a problem with all of Barthomelois.
    They see vampires as their enemies without exceptions.
    Perhaps the hatred without reason could be from the dignity as a human being, or the pride of an aristocrat. The Barthomeloi heads always take the lead in a mission to hunt a Dead Apostles, and just like how it was the natural thing to follow, the girl spent all her time annihilating the Dead Apostles.
    To a sickening level. Even if it means neglecting her duty as an assistant director, she has been hunting vampires... vampiric creatures who were classified as Dead Apostles.
    Even the girl herself didn't know where that hatred comes from.
    That was an obsession greater than any of the Barthomelois in the past, and an emotion that she had no control over.
    So it's just some natural hatred, that she doesn't really know where it comes from
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

MEoDP are awesome, unless they're looking at you. beautyandnotthebeast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    So it's just some natural hatred, that she doesn't really know where it comes from
    Seems more like arrogance. How it affects her hunting of the Dead Apostle Ancestors could get her killed.
    If the question is Tsukihime vs Fate, what is the answer.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, "pride of an aristocrat" can be synonymous with "snobbishness of the rich".

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beautyandnotthebeast View Post
    Seems more like arrogance. How it affects her hunting of the Dead Apostle Ancestors could get her killed.
    Arrogance is something entirely different from Hatred.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Eh. It pretty much looks like it's just "She has a natural, irrational hatred of vampires, the end", in the same we naturally hate certain foods or have certain tastes.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Well, "pride of an aristocrat" can be synonymous with "snobbishness of the rich".

True, different works with a similar meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Arrogance is something entirely different from Hatred.
    True, but they both apply to Barthomeloi Lorelei obsession towards the Dead Apostle Ancestors.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How's she being arrogant?
    The Queen - The Supreme Mage of the Present Era, a holy maiden who equals the strength of the 27 Dead Apostle Ancestors by herself.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    In this case it's not.
    She treats everyone the same except for her family who is above all that rabble.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beautyandnotthebeast View Post
    True, but they both apply to Barthomeloi Lorelei obsession towards the Dead Apostle Ancestors.
    No?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So basically Barthomeloi has more vampire hate in her person than the entire Holy Church? Although, from what I understand, it's less personal hate, and more what snobby rich people do to foxes.
    It's personal hate but she also likes to hunt foxes. So it's like she gets the best of both worlds.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ace Royal has Cu eligible for the Archer class. Anyone familiar with the Ulster Cycle know if that can be justified? (yes, i should probably stop obsessing over ace royal. no, i will probably not stop doing it)

Also, d'you think javelins and stuff would count as qualifications for Archer class?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Archer
    Knight of the Bow. A class that excels in possessing powerful Noble Phantasms. The qualifying condition is not attributes, but the possession of powerful projectile weapons or special abilities related to projectile weapons. Highly effective as scouts. They have not only the Magic Resistance ability of the Knight Classes, but also the class ability of Independent Action.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Ace Royal has Cu eligible for the Archer class. Anyone familiar with the Ulster Cycle know if that can be justified? (yes, i should probably stop obsessing over ace royal. no, i will probably not stop doing it)

Also, d'you think javelins and stuff would count as qualifications for Archer class?
    Easily just javelin stuff. I'd imagine Hector is an Archer too.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    In this case it's not.
    She treats everyone the same except for her family who is above all that rabble.
    So basically, she's like the Dynasty Warriors interpretation of Yuan Shao? All about "the glory of the nobility", except he even acts that way towards other nobles outside of his own family?

It's personal hate but she also likes to hunt foxes. So it's like she gets the best of both worlds.
    In this case it's not.
    The Barthomeloi bloodline considers the practitioner of the First Magic an equal, but considers everyone else inferior, including the Dead Apostle Ancestors.
    Due to their dignity as humans and/or pride as aristocrats they hunt the Dead Apostle Ancestors. They hunt them down naturally and Barthomeloi Lorelei feels it is a hunting game to be done with elegance and pleasure.
    Barthomeloi Lorelei obsession with Trhvmn Ortenrosse is especially strong and she works as part of a unit to stop the Aylesbury Ritual.
    When she found Louvre and his children dead, Enhance and Satsujinki having reached him first, she nearly faints from the humiliation, and swears revenge, even though she doesn't know who kill Louvre and his children.

So it's a mix of arrogance, hatred, showing off, duty and pleasure.

And also this raises a question. How many of the Dead Apostle Ancestors will they hunt and which of them will they hunt.
    Last edited by beautyandnotthebeast; November 23rd, 2014 at 04:32 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So basically, she's like the Dynasty Warriors interpretation of Yuan Shao? All about "the glory of the nobility", except he even acts that way towards other nobles outside of his own family?
    Quote Originally Posted by character materials
    Her personality is aristocratism through and through, however, she believes in only her precious kin, therefore other nobles and the like are inconsequential.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So, basically, yeah... When is going to be her "Battle of Guandu"?

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When she faces her childhood friend turned bitter rival while she has overwhelming odds and a bunch of useless sons, it's my guess

Blog Entries
    Lorelei is arrogant, but her arrogance is not her hatred. After all she doesn't seek to hunt all rabble, just vampires.

BnB is mistaking Lorelei's arrogance as the driving force behind her hatred when it's truthfully a modifier.

She must be fun at
    Halloween
    parties.
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!