Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26313435363738 LastLast

Thread: Sword Art Online Discussion

JP Friend Code
    Well, it kinda' nice to hear that you can use a custom character. Too bad they're sticking with the "SAO is Kirito's story" thing & not your very own adventures occasionally joined by the cast.Kinda' interested in the Imp race. Sylph also seems nice but I'm not a fan of...green.

Also, Konno Yuuki has been confirmed as being in the game. (Well, they kind of gave the game away when they had Asuna refer to "Zekken" in an earlier trailer, but still...)

SAO:LS is out in Japan. The PS3 version clocks in at 4.6 GB, while the Vita version is listed as taking up 2.9 GB.

Blog Entries
    Yes I too am aware of the download size because of the PlayStation Store

2.9 GB, eh? And it gets an update in May, which I presume will bring it up to a comparable size to Hollow Fragment.

Well, it's moot at the moment, since it's not localized for North America yet / on the NA PSN.

But for down the road, I only have about 800 MB or so free at the moment on my Vita. I did recently get Gravity Rush and Wild Arms on the NA PSN flash sale, which is 1.8 GB combined, but I figured I could try them in between completing Hollow Fragment and the hopeful NA localization of Lost Song. Lunar: Silver Star Harmony is also taking up about 800 MB, and it would probably only take another twelve or so hours to clear them game, given that it's fairly short.

So that's 3.4 GB right there. Or, if I'm not going to play it right away, I could free up all of the room I need by backing up FFX-2 HD to my laptop and then deleting it off my memory card - the $40 was worth it just for FFX HD in any case, with the option of playing FFX-2 down the road if I want.

But that's enough memory card minutiae. Does anyone have any relevant gameplay impressions to share yet? How does it compare to Hollow Fragment?
    Not Magus! Magic Emperor Magus!

I'll be getting the PS3 version once it gets released stateside; as much as i want to breathe life into my Vita, playing this on a bigger screen with better control options just sounds more appealing to me. In other news, the OP and ED songs are available on itunes. Got them both and am pretty impressed, especially with Aoi's. Like it better than Ignite.

- - - Updated - - -

I just hope that there will be physical copies.
    Over the Keel Mountains, Meets an ape with human speech. The ape asks, "What clings to you? Bear it—you cannot. Accept it—you cannot. But hidden—it is from you. Recite its name."

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So i recently (read: a week ago) got myself a Vita, and was figuring i should be getting Hollow fragment.
    That beeing said, Vita memory cards sure are expensive... I currenrly have an 8 gb one, but id like to keep some space free on it to watch animu, and then i need downloaded stuffs, soooo what size would you guys recommend for getting another memory card? Theyre all pretty expensive...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I got a 64 GB, but it was during one of those flash sales--it was about 35 USD or so, iirc. 16-32 should be good in general, since you can always just redownload the games you digitally purchase. Just delete ones you've already cleared, and grab them again if you get the urge to replay later on.

Yeah, I use a 16 GB card myself, though sometimes I wish I had gotten a larger card these days, though one can still get around that by re-downloading / storing games on your laptop with the Vita's Content Manager.

As for the PS3 vs. Vita for Lost Song, I don't have a PS3 and value portability, so I'd be getting the Vita version myself when I do.

And the ED is on iTunes too? I'll have to look for that.

The combined week one retail sales for SAO:LS are listed at just shy of 195,000 copies, according to this week's Media Create charts.

The Asian English version of Lost Song will be out on May 12:

(Re:) Hollow Fragment and Lost Song are coming to PS4, and also to the West:

Last edited by Nerroth; May 27th, 2015 at 01:00 PM.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Kotaku just did a piece on Lost Song.

I'm getting a Vita later this summer, so I might pick up HF and LS eventually.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That seems awesome, Accel World is pretty much better than SAO but its games where shit

Isn't that a placeholder image from one of the Accel World games?

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Has she even been born yet in SAO?
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Hen_Ichi View Post
    Has she even been born yet in SAO?
    I don't think so.

Don't worry about the time paradoxes this would imply. They already had a crossover fight "Versus" at the end of one of the novels if I recall correctly, Kirito vs. Silver Crow, but I'd think it's just for fun.

And enjoy your Vita / HF, mewarmo.

The versus series use techno-bable magic come up with an excuse to crossover different universes. The Versus II encounters between Tatsuya and Kirito were quiet amusing. Well, the first part at least. Kawahara Reki's part was like 3/4ths Kirito attempting to explain quantum physics to Imouto-san and then a short friendly encounter with Tatsuya at the end where he shows off his leet human super computer abilities.
    Go check out some awesome fan fiction!
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/forumdisplay.php/5-Fanfics
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../FateStayNight
    Because the remaining ten percent is worth dieing for.

Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier, Magi locked in a deadly battle royal. Sounds familiar right? Familiar and AWESOME.
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...eo-Walkthrough