Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Guardian of Evangelion

Blog Entries
    Melissa Malakai.
    An... amoral person that my mind had the misfortune of thinking up and personifying.
    My very own Original Character, in layman's terms.
    ...And now that I have confessed that I created a monstrocity, I shall go scrub my brains clean.
    Miscellany~
    Anyone who mentions THAT Majora's Mask meme gets to meet the Ladder. <- Is serious
    Reality Marble: Ascended Memorized Phantasm - Perfect Manikin Army
    I have been uncursed! My groin still hurts.
    I have a folder full of stolen avatars and sig pics. Short of mind-probing, no one's going to find it.
    I look away for a sec, and I'm suddenly attending a college called MGS.

A living portrait, a forgotten portrait... and Yoshi.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ImperialOrder View Post
    Who the fuck is Melissa? >.>
    Two Words.

MAI MUM.

(I gotta stop going to CN when Regular Show is On...)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle ImperialOrder's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazama View Post
    Two Words.

MAI MUM.

(I gotta stop going to CN when Regular Show is On...)
    That's...scary

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Well I'm thinking Archer would initially see Gendo as someone like Kiritsugu who does what he has to do to save the world and respect him for it. Really, any other initial reaction is probably going to be out of character for a guy who slaughters hundreds to save thousands. If he thinks Gendo is driving some teens insane to make them save the world he's have no problem with it. However, when Archer figures out the guy's just a cooler Zouken who wants to shit on the world to bring back his girl he's probably going to end up killing the guy.

And I'm really not sure if anything Archer's got can actually break through an AT field. Perhaps Excalibur... but we know that an AT field can tank some serious shit. I'm pretty sure Ramiel has a prolonged mountain busting attack, and that's way stronger than what Excalibur can dish out, and it's tanked by an Eva with not much damage other than some burns. So if he wants to hurt the angels he'd have to bring out the big guns.

Of course, this is just speculation.

Blog Entries
    If he were to get close, Gáe Bolg would be nicely efficient. Oh, hi, how's that hole in your core going for you? How about the thousands of thorns all through your body? (mind you, what do you reckon the Angels' luck scores would be?) Unfortunately, the cost of getting that close probably makes an attempt inadvisable. But, yeah, Archer's got to go for the conceptual stuff to stand a chance - can't rely on outright strength. One wonders how Caladbolg's space-ripping power would fare ...
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    AT fields are generated by a human/angel's soul right? Archer soul should be at least equivalent to more than a thousand human souls...I wish he could pilot an EVA ;_;

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dude, souls do not work that way unless you're Gilgamesh. Archer's soul is still only one soul, no matter how heroic it is. Plus, he's incapable of generating an AT field because he needs to pilot an Eva to do so, and he can't pilot an Eva because a) He wasn't born after Second Impact and b) He's way too old. You need to be a young teenager to pilot an Eva.

Crazy, I know, but that probably means no Eva sized UBW is ever happening barring some epic double piloting shenanigans

.......screw it, stick his soul in one of the Rei clones and it could work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Dude, souls do not work that way unless you're Gilgamesh. Archer's soul is still only one soul, no matter how heroic it is. Plus, he's incapable of generating an AT field because he needs to pilot an Eva to do so, and he can't pilot an Eva because a) He wasn't born after Second Impact and b) He's way too old. You need to be a young teenager to pilot an Eva.

Crazy, I know, but that probably means no Eva sized UBW is ever happening barring some epic double piloting shenanigans

I'm talking about this, so yeah he should have a bigger soul than most people.
    Servant souls

The mass of Gilgamesh's soul is said to be about the same as the mass of some 100,000 human souls or more. The other Servant souls are not as massive as his. Gil's is probably two or three times greater. Also, poor Kojirou isn't even worth one Servant soul in size.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hm... that... is a very good point. His AT field would be ginormous in that case. And if it's amplified by an Eva.... awesomeness ensues.

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    We are forgetting that Gendo is just doing this to be reunited with his wife, he his damning everyone for his one goals. Thus EMIYA will end up killing the douche sometime, also the World obviously is testing EMIYA in my opinion.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Blog Entries

I believe your aforementioned statement is at false in this fic since Archer INCREASED THE SYNC RATIO. Meaning he can sync with an EVA. Excluding all the rules needing to be a EVA Pilot.

This is why Canon Exists.
    *shoots it out into the sun with a Arc-Powered Railgun*
    So we can do that to it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    We are forgetting that Gendo is just doing this to be reunited with his wife, he his damning everyone for his one goals. Thus EMIYA will end up killing the douche sometime, also the World obviously is testing EMIYA in my opinion.
    For some reason I see Archer trying to kill Lilith or throw snarky remarks of it not having a lower body...because he thinks it's Alaya.

Technically Lilith would be Alaya's mother/father.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Technically we don't know if Archer himself synced with the Eva or not. I for one see it as him coaching Shinji and getting the kid to focus, which coincidentally helped the other two sync better as well, resulting in the kids syncing better by themselves thanks to his advice.

And I have no doubt that eventually Archer will kill Gendo, but I can see him having a better opinion of the guy before finding out all his dark secrets and motivations.

Blog Entries
    Technically we don't know if Archer himself synced with the Eva or not. I for one see it as him coaching Shinji and getting the kid to focus, which coincidentally helped the other two sync better as well, resulting in the kids syncing better by themselves thanks to his advice.

And I have no doubt that eventually Archer will kill Gendo, but I can see him having a better opinion of the guy before finding out all his dark secrets and motivations.
    Archer:"Don't believe in yourself! believe in the me who believes in you!"

Hm... that... is a very good point. His AT field would be ginormous in that case. And if it's amplified by an Eva.... awesomeness ensues.
    I think you might be leaving out the fact that EMIYA is far from normal where is soul is concerned. Reality Marbles are innate abilities that certain being are able to produce. From what I understand, having a Reality Marble is just something that you either have the potential for or you do not. EMIYA was one of the few who hit the magical jackpot AND had his perception of reality twisted enough for him to be able to utilize a Reality Marble.

Now, if you look at what a Reality Marble actually is, its disturbingly similar to an AT-field. Reality Marbles are a metaphysical manifestation of one's soul that overrides the concept of Gaia's reality and replaces it with your own. In fact, in the nasuverse, the Earth is considered the "Supreme Reality Marble." That would mean that anyone (or anything) capable of manifesting a Reality Marble does so by locally overwriting the rules of an entire planet on their own. An AT field is basically the same concept. A rare few born after 2nd Impact are able to manifest their souls in a metaphysical form, allowing them to alter aspects of reality that they wouldn't have been able to do otherwise. Hell, if you look at all of the pilots, their perception of reality is HEAVILY skewed from that of a normal person. And in many cases they appear to have been bred to be like this.

Maybe I'm just overanalyzing this, but I would say that it is the potential to form a Reality Marble is the trait which allows the pilots to synch with an Evangelion. One could argue that the anti-AT field HAXX that Adam released during 2nd Impact screwed with humanities relationship with Gaia enough to allow a few children to be born with a "different" perception of reality than normal people.

...Who am I kidding? I'm just trying to find a way to justify daydreaming about an Angel-sized Unlimited Blade Works.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imaginary View Post
    I think you might be leaving out the fact that EMIYA is far from normal where is soul is concerned. Reality Marbles are innate abilities that certain being are able to produce. From what I understand, having a Reality Marble is just something that you either have the potential for or you do not. EMIYA was one of the few who hit the magical jackpot AND had his perception of reality twisted enough for him to be able to utilize a Reality Marble.

Now, if you look at what a Reality Marble actually is, its disturbingly similar to an AT-field. Reality Marbles are a metaphysical manifestation of one's soul that overrides the concept of Gaia's reality and replaces it with your own. In fact, in the nasuverse, the Earth is considered the "Supreme Reality Marble." That would mean that anyone (or anything) capable of manifesting a Reality Marble does so by locally overwriting the rules of an entire planet on their own. An AT field is basically the same concept. A rare few born after 2nd Impact are able to manifest their souls in a metaphysical form, allowing them to alter aspects of reality that they wouldn't have been able to do otherwise. Hell, if you look at all of the pilots, their perception of reality is HEAVILY skewed from that of a normal person. And in many cases they appear to have been bred to be like this.

Maybe I'm just overanalyzing this, but I would say that it is the potential to form a Reality Marble is the trait which allows the pilots to synch with an Evangelion. One could argue that the anti-AT field HAXX that Adam released during 2nd Impact screwed with humanities relationship with Gaia enough to allow a few children to be born with a "different" perception of reality than normal people.

...Who am I kidding? I'm just trying to find a way to justify daydreaming about an Angel-sized Unlimited Blade Works.
    THIS^

SO MUCH THIS^

@Imperial That's been done already with the DEAD FIC Neon Toppa EVA Lagann. We were on the borders to seeing a Shinji with Badass Tendencys and Thoughts Filled with Drills.
    THEN THE GUY LEFT US WITH NOTHING MORE THAN 3 CHAPTERS OF FUUUUU-

Quote Originally Posted by Hazama View Post
    THIS^

SO MUCH THIS^
    The theory on Reality Marbles or the Angle-sized Unlimited Blade Works?

Blog Entries
    Both because they are correct in the way your thinking about it.

See, I see peoples thoughts differently. Your correct in YOUR way of thinking. I agree with your thoughts as well. We'll see who has a argument towards it in a few moments, no?

Also the Angel Sized UBW made my pants drip a little to be precise.

Blog Entries
    Yes~ Evangelion Sized Excalibur! No make that

Rei sized Excalibur!

*Rei misses Arael with the Lance of Longitus*

*Archer hands her another*

Gendo: "The Scenario...requires modification..."