Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Guardian of Evangelion

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I kinda want Shinji to be the one to off Gendo.
    Now that Archer's seen a Prog Knife can't he duplicate them now? Much more effective than smaller swords against an angel. Which now gives me the idea of him holding one like Shirou does Heracles' Blade in HF...

"Set... Proglives bladeworks"?

Anyway, now I'm picturing him piloting an Eva because one of the pilots is in the infirmary and when the angel is tanking/shruging/dodging everything he goes all "Fuck that shit!", traces either a Eva sized Caliburn or an Eva sized EMIYA bow and Caladbolg II and screws the angel's day! And it's glorious!

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle whosaidthat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can promises Caladbolg II being fired at angels and UBW being deploied, I'm just not sure if you will like the results considering all the hype this will bring.
    Fate/Core Hero [Fate Stay Night/???]

Do it anyway, we'll judge whether we like it or not.
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whosaidthat View Post
    I can promises Caladbolg II being fired at angels and UBW being deploied, I'm just not sure if you will like the results considering all the hype this will bring.
    You underestimate our patience, Ser.

I've waited for a long time for things to come to pass.
    This is no different.

so we get any more chapters or is that it?
    End of an Empire

"I think you just failed... quite spectacularly if I say so my self. Idiot." -I forget who said it originally.

Badass Side-Step

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    *is on the phone making a call* Hello is this the Cult of Fraggle? Yes? Alright I am calling to request snippets for the story The Gaurdian of Evangelion, thanks. *hangs up and starts waiting*
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Uh-oh...

Sorry whosaidthat, but if the Cult answers, prepare to have your thread hijacked

Spoiler:
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

I just thought of something else. Reality Marbles are feats of magecraft that boarder on true magic. Key word "boarder." Supposedly one could reproduce one through conventional means given the resources. Now lets apply my RM/AT-field theory from earlier.

Technologically reproduced Reality Marbles. Evangelions just got 10 times more awesome.

Until the angels figure out how to do it as well.
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can just picture Shirou using UBW and only able to expand it up to the angel's knees....

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle ImperialOrder's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I can just picture Shirou using UBW and only able to expand it up to the angel's knees....
    Technically when an RM is deployed, It's supposed to be as big as the world...

Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    Dude, where did you find this, and could you post more of it?!
    I believe I have found where he got the story from. I found this completely on accident. Seriously, I did, I really wasn't looking for it after having read "The Guardian of Evangelion", it was sheer coincidence.
    http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=182198

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialOrder View Post
    Technically when an RM is deployed, It's supposed to be as big as the world...
    No its not. A Reality Marble is a feat that swaps one's innate bounded field with that of the World, thus inverting the natural order of things. The bounded field itself has a set size. From the inside, the concept of "size" more or less losses its meaning as the rules of reality are reconstructed to match those provided by the practitioner's soul. From the outside the RM would be viewed as an extremely powerful bounded field.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EVA-Saiyajin View Post
    I believe I have found where he got the story from. I found this completely on accident. Seriously, I did, I really wasn't looking for it after having read "The Guardian of Evangelion", it was sheer coincidence.
    http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=182198
    Well, yes, it's mine after all. It was lost on the deeps of the 40thish page as Counter Eva.

Quote Originally Posted by whosaidthat View Post
    Well, yes, it's mine after all. It was lost on the deeps of the 40thish page as Counter Eva.
    Ah, sorry bout that. The way you said it on the first page, and what Xamusel had asked, made it sound like someone else had abandoned it or something and allowed you to continue it. My apologies.

You know what I think would be interesting? Archer somehow obtaining an S2 Organ. It'd give him all the prana he'd need for any projected weapon, allowing him to even use Excalibur without fear of dying. Come to think of it, are there any benefits in terms of ability due to not having a Master, like Archer at the moment?
    Last edited by EVA-Saiyajin; February 13th, 2012 at 06:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    hmmm, question! doesn't the eva require the soul of someone close to the pilot for the pilot to operate the eva? where is archer gona get one of those?

"Red like roses fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest."

Blog Entries
    It's spoilerish, but for EMIYA isn't really a secret. He currently have nearly unlimited (most likely 'more than he will ever need even if he go crazy on excaliblasts') prana supply, but relatively low output (~270) due to his body limitation.

I didn't thought too hard about it since I did it more for the lawls.

Edit: Officialy all you need is to be born after second impact and be able to synchronize with the eva, and the specially selected childs (Shinji's class) is the closest. If they really wanted to fight against the angels instead of going across those multiple scenarios, any of Shinji's class mates is a good candidate for piloting the Eva-01 and Eva-02 because of the connection/need of their mothers.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle ImperialOrder's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zer0light View Post
    hmmm, question! doesn't the eva require the soul of someone close to the pilot for the pilot to operate the eva? where is archer gona get one of those?
    Not really, look at Evangelion 2.0, Mari piloted 02...

Still, the Evas 01 and 02 are more prone to accept Shinji and Asuka respectively than any other Pilot. Specially Yui. She seems quite capricious about who can pilot her, as she wasn't that pleased when they tried Asuka, and later she didn't want to accept even Rei when Shinji was pissed.

Spoiler: