Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Beam's Drabble Dump

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Yay, Lesbians!

Tsundere lesbians at that. With collars.
    This.

But seriously, this was cute, I liked it.
    If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. - William Shakespeare

All of the above beam.
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Blog Entries
    Stay With You (Fate/Record of Lodoss War, Deedlit x Shirou)

Shirou wanted to talk about something.

Deedlit could tell because of how he refused to settle for the night, even though they had both agreed that it was late and they needed to sleep if they intended to keep moving. Moving where wasn’t a main concern; it was simply a fact of life now, for the former High Elf, that she never really knew where she was going to be at the end of the next day.

Such was how her life had become, since traveling with this young man, with his pale skin, white hair, and gray eyes.

But now he wanted to talk, she could definitely tell. He was acting distinctly un-Shirou-like; shifting from foot to foot, refusing to settle down, tossing glances at her every so often through the darkness, eyes unreadable and yet perhaps just a little… nervous?

At this rate, neither of us will sleep tonight.

Deedlit sighed and shifted from her sleeping place, propping up on one elbow. “Shirou?”

“Ah, sorry.” He sounded sheepish. Another un-Shirou-like thing; she’d never heard him like this. He almost sounded like the boy he should have been at this age, instead of the man he had been forced to become because of his ideals. “Am I keeping you awake?”

“I’m all right.” This wasn’t the first night she’d gone without sleep. “Is something bothering you?”

There was a long, awkward pause through the darkness; Deedlit shifted again, resting her chin in the palm of her hand, focusing her gaze on the shape of her traveling companion, absently studying him. When he didn’t respond, she giggled softly. “I’m not going to bite, you know,” she murmured.

Shirou winced, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly. Finally, though, he spoke. “I was just thinking, uh… tomorrow. We’re close to a village.”

“Shirou, we’ve been close to many villages.”

“Yeah. Yeah, I know, it’s just…” He exhaled. “Tomorrow it’ll be… you know. An elf village. Hidden in the forest. Small group.”

Deedlit’s breath caught in her lungs.

Of course, she knew of the village’s existence; she knew of all elves that still existed on the planet, even if their numbers had drastically shrunk down since the island of Lodoss had disappeared into the mists and people had ceased believing in magic. The village was small, full only of normal elves, and soon would disappear with the rest.

So why did…

Oh.

She lifted a brow, pushing loose strands of golden hair out of her eyes. “You want me to stay with them?”

“No!” He practically yelped it. “I was just thinking, you know, um… if you wanted to, you could. Stay with them. I wouldn’t judge you.”

Ah, she understood now. He didn’t want to leave her behind; he was simply giving her the option of staying with her own kind, as few of them remained and as short as their life spans would be, even for her, on her last years of life. He was worrying about her when really, considering he was on his way to partake in a small civil war, he should have really worried about himself.

Idiot.

… Then again, I seem to like idiots.

“Thank you, but I’d rather stay with you. If you don’t mind.”

He shook his head, quickly. “I don’t.”

And silence fell. The question had been asked and answered, but Shirou still seemed nervous, full of uncertain energy.

… Idiot.

Sighing quietly in both exasperation and amusement, the former priestess of the High Elves got to her feet, absently grabbing her old, worn cloak. She made her way over to her companion with light steps, kneeling down and draping it over him before she curled up at his side, one hand settling rather comfortably on his stomach.

“D-D-D-Deed?” he squeaked

“Go to sleep, Shirou.” Her voice was soft, her breath warm against his ear, and long golden strands tangled with his short, spiky white hair. “I’ll be here.”

He hesitated, then slowly exhaled and closed his eyes, shivering only a little as her palm slid up, resting over his heart, feeling his heartbeat.

And in spite of how badly it threw his often repressed hormones out of whack, it felt… oddly comforting, to have her presence next to him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, on my first post I made a list. I should really try sticking to it.

But hey, it's Lodoss. It's a start!
    Last edited by RadiantBeam; February 22nd, 2012 at 09:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    ... fluffy~
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    ... fluffy~
    I can actually do that from time to time! Shocking, I know.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *chuckle* Forget plans - they almost never work. And yay, Deedlit! I was wondering if it was going to be her or Pirotess - but I suppose that she's more Archer's type.

. . . Love to know how they met.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    . . . Love to know how they met.
    Will be written if I ever make a full story out of this. Or I might just give in and post it here. Either or.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's fluffy....and there's no lesbians.

I'm shocked.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post

I'm shocked.
    I know, right?

Blog Entries
    Fluffy. Fluffy like fluffy pillows.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post

I'm shocked.
    She has already made her offering to the Lesbian Gods this week. The veil between our world and the Old Ones has received her sacrifice, and shall stay strong.

Blog Entries
    I really enjoyed this one, with Shirou being awkward and Deedlit being oddly comforting.

And I wouldn't say Pirtoess is Archer's type at all.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Now I fell all fluffy and warm. And I need it (this morning is particularly cold in my faculty, dunno why). Really nice, Beamu.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I really enjoyed this one, with Shirou being awkward and Deedlit being oddly comforting.

And I wouldn't say Pirtoess is Archer's type at all.
    I agree. She is everyone's type. Hot, beautiful and intelligent. Sorry, couldn't help it

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Now, I feel double-posted. X3

No, you don't.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    First Kiss (Fate/Prototype, Misaya x Ayaka)

“We’re being watched.”

Misaya murmurs it softly, because the walls have ears, and Ayaka feels a chill run down her back. Stupid, stupid, stupid; why the hell did she think it was safe for them to talk about War strategies after school?

She knows why, of course. Because they’ve done it before without a problem, and ever since forming an alliance with the red-eyed girl she’s gained a bit of confidence, even if she initially had to get over the whole “YOU SENT YOUR SERVANT TO KILL ME!” thing.

But now it’s a problem, because if they’re being watched, it’s probably related to the War. And if it’s related to the War…

Ayaka is very, very bad at hiding the fact that she’s a magus. Mostly because her father never taught her how to.

Because it’s her fault, she tries to stay calm, taking a deep breath and sliding her glasses back up her nose. She tries to stay calm, because Misaya is always calm even under pressure. “What do you suggest, Reiroukan?” They need a way to throw this person off, if it’s a Master trying to spy on their conversation.

Misaya considers their options, eyes flicking about the classroom before she finally settles her gaze on Ayaka. She studies her for a moment, then nods, making up her mind. “I have an idea. Close your eyes, and do as I do, got it?”

Ayaka nods and closes her eyes, not missing the slight edge of authority that enters Misaya’s voice as she gives the order; it’s probably why they get along so well, because the quiet girl has never questioned it—

And then all thought processes cease to exist as Misaya kisses her.

It isn’t a gentle kiss; it isn’t a warm, timid kiss like the kind Ayaka always sees in the movies and reads about in the books. It is a rough kiss, a hungry kiss, a claiming kiss, with just a bit of teeth and tongue, and when she gasps in surprise Misaya takes the opening to claim her even more deeply, cupping her cheeks and tilting her head up for a better angle.

Misaya is taller than Ayaka, and takes full advantage of this.

After what feels like an eternity and a second, Misaya pulls back, red eyes gleaming and a small, feral smirk on her face. Ayaka gulps, heart pounding, and tries to rearrange her thoughts. “Uh… I think he’s gone,” she gasps out.

“Hm, seems he is.” Misaya pulls back cool and composed, and Ayaka misses the warmth of her instantly. “I suppose our possible Master is a bit of a prude.”

“A bit,” Ayako echoes, dazed, and closes her eyes, shakily taking off her glasses to wipe them on her uniform so she has something to do with her hands. An odd thought crosses her mind. “Say, um, Reiroukan?”

“Hm?”

“Have you ever…. Kissed anyone before?”

Misaya grins, and Ayaka swears she has fangs. “That’s a secret, Sajyou.” She tilts her head to the side. “You?”

Ayaka is silent for a moment, lost in thought and trying to still her throbbing heart. So she was the only one affected by that kiss, then.

Makes sense, she supposes. First kiss and all.

It still hurts all the same. Just a little.

She slides her glasses back on. “It’s a secret.”

----------------------------------------------------

Aiden inspired me. He's a bad influence like that.

.... Also, I swear I have no idea how it became angst at the end.

Blog Entries
    Aiden inspired me. He's a good influence like that.
    ​.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Awww, I have no idea where that angst came from.

I like it though. Hehehehe.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Awww, I have no idea where that angst came from.

I like it though. Hehehehe.
    The angst means there might be a follow up.

Blog Entries
    The angst means there might be a follow up.
    And now I like it even more.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Blog Entries
    *snip*.
    ... ... I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't be laughing. But I am just utterly tickled by the fact that this logic came into play:

Misaya: We are being watched by an evil wizard!

Ayakay: How can we deal with this danger?

Misaya: Only one way. Lesbians.

That is just... that is just so you. XD