Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Alternate (based off Fate/Prototype, AU)

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Oh Maaaan, if Manaka returns then shit will indeed hit the fan HARD.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

daily dose of despair <3 Ruu-tan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Indeed. Not to mention the other psychotic stalkerscharacters in FSN...

Artist's block. Bigger bitch than karma, I swear.

Blog Entries
    Forgot to mention this last post, so this is less 'Fate/Prototype with Saber!Arturia', and more 'F/SN with Sajyou Ayaka'? I was expecting the former due to the thread title ^^;
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
    Forgot to mention this last post, so this is less 'Fate/Prototype with Saber!Arturia', and more 'F/SN with Sajyou Ayaka'? I was expecting the former due to the thread title ^^;
    Well, the reason I mention Fate/Prototype is because it's going to be touching on a lot of themes and backstory details from Fate/Prototype that didn't make it into the original FSN. I'm sticking with the FSN cast because I know them best, but the story will be very heavily based on some stuff from Fate/Prototype, such as Manaka and Saber knowing the truth about the Grail.

Blog Entries
    I, too, had hoped for a stronger Prototype presence. I can't knock you for sticking to what you know best, but to see something with that tag...I HAD DARED TO HOPE!

Still, it's an interesting premise carried off with a trim, intriguing prologue, so I've no real reason to complain.

Blog Entries
    ... I was kind of hoping to see Proto!Rider and Proto!Lancer. Oh, well, Ayaka as the protagonist is interesting enough.

Until Lancer penetrates her hur hur.
    Also is there a better translation out for Prototype now?
    And Saber knowing the Grail is useless to her will be interesting and Archers reaction to no Shirou.

Blog Entries
    UTW have done Prototype here, and they're pretty decent. There's also a number of scenes which I believe are from the Prototype Material booklet that expand on the 'trailer'. Some of them have been translated here, and we're waiting on the rest, which are being given TLC.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    This should be really neat actually. Because she's actually a competent magus.

Plus Archer's WTF moment when he's summoned to a world where Emiya Shirou's not there. (Hey it's hinted at that it does happen.)
    Oh, it will happen. And it will be hilarious when he realizes he's completely hit a timeline where Emiya Shirou doesn't exist.
    Not sure if that would make any sense, though...if you're using Archer, then in a world where he never existed, nor would ever exist, his True Name does absolutely nothing.

Archer: ...my identity doesn't matter at all here, just so you know. Might as well keep calling me Archer or "No Name". (This isn't Extra-verse, so I don't think pulling that card would actually work.)
    Everyone Else: What.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruu-tan View Post
    ... I was kind of hoping to see Proto!Rider and Proto!Lancer. Oh, well, Ayaka as the protagonist is interesting enough.
    .... Proto-Lancer might still appear. Because he looks damn badass and I prefer writing an unused character (his Master) instead of a character I don't know much about (Bazett).

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Not sure if that would make any sense, though...if you're using Archer, then in a world where he never existed, nor would ever exist, his True Name does absolutely nothing.

Archer: ...my identity doesn't matter at all here, just so you know. Might as well keep calling me Archer or "No Name". (This isn't Extra-verse, so I don't think pulling that card would actually work.)
    Everyone Else: What.
    His name barely did anything in the original anyway, so I fail to see the problem.

Blog Entries
    His name barely did anything in the original anyway, so I fail to see the problem.
    Fair enough.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    And whoa, okay, Prototype-Rider might make it in too. He would be an awesome Servant.

Blog Entries
    And whoa, okay, Prototype-Rider might make it in too. He would be an awesome Servant.
    Yes please. Proto-Rider is awesome. Like I said, would love to see you write him in. ^^
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    So, okay then, better summary overall:

This story is basically a mixture of FSN and Fate/Prototype elements. The only true F/P pair to make it in will be Proto!Lancer and Misaya, but I still think Proto!Rider would be pretty fitting for Sakura regardless, based off his backstory and how his Master was in Prototype.

Blog Entries
    .... Proto-Lancer might still appear. Because he looks damn badass and I prefer writing an unused character (his Master) instead of a character I don't know much about (Bazett).
    ... have a truffle *leftovers from Valentine's* It would be interesting to see Rin interacting with her Prototype version.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam
    This story is basically a mixture of FSN and Fate/Prototype elements. The only true F/P pair to make it in will be Proto!Lancer and Misaya, but I still think Proto!Rider would be pretty fitting for Sakura regardless, based off his backstory and how his Master was in Prototype.
    Huh. Seeing how Proto!Rider is in the OVA, he'll probably go on and finish Zouken for Sakura, or at least make a plan of it...

Blog Entries
    I always found it interesting to think of what wasn't done in Sakura's situation. Stay Night-Rider knew that going after Zouken would probably do more harm than good, but I tend to wonder what might have happened on the Matou side of the war had Sakura summoned someone with a bit less restraint or level-headedness. (This idea having mostly spun off from an idea that involved switching the Zero Servants around, so Kariya got not-at-all-subtle Zero-Rider.)

Proto-Rider seems like a savvy enough guy not to go straight for Zouken's jugular, but, by the same token, he doesn't really seem like the "grin and take it" type like Stay-Night Rider.

...all of which is to say I'm overjoyed you're using Proto-Lancer, Proto-Rider and Misaya.

Blog Entries
    Oh god, Archer VS Lancer is going to take an entirely different turn with Proto-Lancer then. Didn't his insanely hot master keep him from using Gae Bolg and just gave him a stick? Plus Proto-Lancer's outfit and overall look fits his mythos better. He I can see as a Celtic warrior. Plus he was described as incredibly beautiful in his mythos too.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    Didn't his insanely hot master keep him from using Gae Bolg and just gave him a stick?
    Yes, something like that. From what I can tell of the translated scene, apparently Misaya put Lancer under some kind of seal so that he couldn't use Gae Bolg, though I'm not entirely sure why. And she also seemed the most interested in Ayaka, as a rival Master.

And yes, she is insanely hot. Sweet Jesus.

Blog Entries
    Yes, something like that. From what I can tell of the translated scene, apparently Misaya put Lancer under some kind of seal so that he couldn't use Gae Bolg, though I'm not entirely sure why. And she also seemed the most interested in Ayaka, as a rival Master.

And yes, she is insanely hot. Sweet Jesus.
    Proto-Lancer is summoned by some insanely hot chick, but she doesn't allow him to use Gae Bolg. Way to Cock Block, Misaya!

And Archer wondering if all the Masters this time are some how attractive teenage girls.

"Somehow, this War keeps getting better and better."

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    Proto-Lancer is summoned by some insanely hot chick, but she doesn't allow him to use Gae Bolg. Way to Cock Block, Misaya!

And Archer wondering if all the Masters this time are some how attractive teenage girls.

"Somehow, this War keeps getting better and better."
    Archer has his priorities in proper order.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)