Page 1 of 17 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you survive? The Matou house?

How would you survive? The Matou house?

How would you survive if you where placed into the body of matou shinji a year before the holy grail war with the potential to be a good magus?

Sticking points:
    You have raped your sister for a while now.
    You didn't have magic before this point and you live under the same roof as zouken.
    Your a womanizer.

So how would you turn around your new life into something decent with only a year before now and the holy grail.

I'm asking this in response to an RP a friend is partaking in. She doesn't know enough to reliably survive on her own knowledge base and I want to pass on what tidbits I can to help her since she put down her pride enough to ask. Thing is I don't know myself. So care to help?

THe body died and was rejuvinated where in she was placed in side it.

Blog Entries
    To help with that. I got another year of orgies when I am on a hotstreak and friendly imouto sex whenever I am striking out or to lazy to date.

My priorities are in order!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Make sure you're always well hydrated because raping your sister takes a lot out of you.

She does want to live out the war and preferably have decent relations with shirou and rin so as to have limited access to the kaledoscope. Unlikely but that is her plan. She wants to jump worlds and that is the best she way she can come up to gain that ability.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Lol, you are not getting anywhere fast within one year, as a magus.

One, your sticking point is that the character had zero magecraft training prior. Basically the character is crawling when everyone else is sprinting.
    Two, Matou Shinji has no access to Zouken's Crest. That rules out tapping into the spells passed down through the lineage.

The quickest way to become "good" in one year would be through the individual's Origin. Run some sort of ritual to discover the character's Origin (whatever suits your RP flavour). If it is good (it's gotta be right? You are running this character), awaken it through some ritual.

Awakening your Origin allows you to tap into the memories of past lives, as well as wield powers aligned with your Origin. However, you do run the risk of becoming overwhelmed and turning into a hollow shell driven purely by the impulse of your Origin. But then again, you are RP'ing this character, you would not let that happen right? lol

Origin

起源 - Kigen
    The beginning factor. The orientation of one's soul. The foundation of one's existence. Origins are the type of actions refer to the direction of one's life since creation.
    A generated direction, occurring almost like a flash of lightning, inside the source of everything, the Whirl (of Akasha). A meaning of "doing something" streams out and matching that stream, matter takes form and at times, it becomes a human being. Ultimately, the absolute order implanted to make all things with form exist as they are.
    In the system of mystical elements, Origins dscribe the precise details while elemental alignments indicate a general alignment. There are situations when there is no general elemental alignment, however, even a person with absolutely no talent for thaumaturgy by lack of circuits or simple affinity, can cast (or "cast") spells by following one's Origin.
    Unlike elements, origins are direction-oriented, as in, doing ____ (verbs not just nouns). These are impulsive behavioral patterns on the existential level; absolute orders, not things like "swords" or "fire".

According to Araya, it seems that death and origins are related. He discovered/experienced 64 different kinds of death, meaning there may or may not be 64 different types of Origins.
    Azaka - Taboo - Tendency to stray away from the norm.
    Araya - Stillness
    Kiritsugu - "Severing" and "Binding"
    Shirazumi Rio - Consumption
    Shiki and Angra Mainyu - Void/Nothingness - Absolute negation that goes beyond the concept of "presence" and "non-presence." Nonexistence. Or another way of thinking about it in the case of Ryougi Shiki; nothing = everything.
    Tomoe - Worthlessness
    Mikiya - "Totally normal and more than anyone else, is unable to hurt anyone."

Do you get foreknowledge of the events to come? The easiest solution would be to reconcile and ally with Shirou in that case.

Otherwise, there's simply no way to because good enough in a year. Even with the crest worms, Kariya was a mess.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Allying with Shirou is for chumps.

You gotta solo this shit and slaughter everyone.

Don't worry, the liquid is resplendent Incarnite Azurnum's Avatar
    Uhhhh lets see. If we're using all our metaknowledge, heres my list of things I'll do (not in order of priority):

1. Set up a few home made bombs where the Great Grail is located. This is part of the Final Contingency, where we need to take out as many important things of our opposition as we can.

2. Reduce my assholeness by approximately 10-60%. This will allow me to have somewhat better relationships between other people/important characters.

3. Try to scab as much magecraft knowledge as we can from Zouken. Unfortunately the chances of getting access to the Kaleidoscope is very slim due to Shinji's personality before he got hijacked.

4. Dear gods get very very fit very very quickly. There's going to be a lot of running and chances are that I won't have any spells which could make any of the enemy masters shrug, let alone their servants.

5. Plan, plan, plan, with several doses of contingencies and schemes. I won't be able to survive this war without it.

6. When someone becomes an enemy, be a douche to them and pull out so many stops that even Kiritsugu would be scared. I have only 1 life and am also very, very, squishy.

Priorities list:

1. Me/Survival.
    1.5 Get home

2. The World, if it has to be done, blow it all up, hence the bombs at the Great Grail.

3. The main characters. They are pivotal to the survival of the world as it is their actions which tend to save it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If you are going to meta-game this whole thing, go find Gilgamesh in the Church basement. Then, appeal to his love for thrills and entertainment, and form an alliance with him.

You can:

1) Lol surprise all Masters while they are summoning their Servants
    2) Play all Masters against each other while you and Gilgamesh lol'ing on the side
    3) Do it the old fashioned way and grind up Servants with Gilgamesh
    4) Blow up Fuyuki on the first day of Heaven's Feel with a fully-powered Enuma Elish

etc.

The possibilities are limitless.

Main issue is actually managing to appeal to Gil and keeping him entertained. And in line. Especially without command seals. And getting him to obey you. Without command seals.

Did I forget to mention the lack of command seals?

Another issue is the lack of firepower we have. While the other masters have spells which can pwnzer others, even Servants for a few of them; super scary martial arts which would guarantee that our head flies off or our internal organs go liquidy; or have the survivability of a damn cockroach which has hit bloody epic levels, we on the other hand have.... Undefined skill in archery (if we keep all of Shinji's knowledge and skills) and that's about it really. Sooo, we need to get/do something which makes up for that power difference.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You just need to kill all of them. And Gilgamesh is totally cool with that, as long as you kill them in an amusing manner.

As long as you amuse him more than Kotomine, Gilgamesh will go with you.

Of course you can out-do Kotomine, because you can meta-game.

Here's to hoping that Gil doesn't have the original mindreading device. *raises glass of primordial ooze*

Anyone get the feeling that we might get a heart shoved into us if we displease Gil?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You would go kill Ilya the first thing. Then rip her heart out, and shove it into Matou Sakura to make double sure Sakura works as intended.

Then you go kill Rin, and summon the Grail on the Tohsaka resident ground (which is riding on the leyline just like Ryudo Temple) for maximum entertainment.

Gilgamesh would be totally in for this.

Blog Entries
    I would try to hire a private army of trained mercenaries, the matous should have the money for that and zerg-rush strategies are always good for something

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
    I would try to hire a private army of trained mercenaries, the matous should have the money for that and zerg-rush strategies are always good for something
    And your reasoning behind Zōken magically deciding that Shinji is worth giving any significant amount of money to would be ... ?

Besides which, frontal assaults are going to be pretty useless. The only Servants without Anti-Army/Anti-Fortress abilites are Herakles (who counts as Anti-Army by himself) and the two Assassins. One of which is allied to Caster, with her giant Hollow Ataraxia laser, and the other of which is allied to the Matō anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnite Azurnum View Post
    Main issue is actually managing to appeal to Gil and keeping him entertained. And in line. Especially without command seals. And getting him to obey you. Without command seals.

Did I forget to mention the lack of command seals?
    Command Spells are essentially worthless against Gil's ego, anyway. That's not actually an more of an issue than for anyone else who's Gil's Master.
    Last edited by Seika; February 19th, 2012 at 05:50 AM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Command Spells are essentially worthless against Gil's ego, anyway. That's not actually an more of an issue than for anyone else who's Gil's Master.
    It helps a to have that little bit of leverage. *Points at Tokiomi* He wouldn't have been able to get Gil to back off without using one. Though a command seal is really more of a "Could you please *insert command*?" to someone of Gil's tier.

Though I do wonder if the Servants in the coming war would be the same as in the original Fate. Gil would probably be a constant/near constant but all the other Servants would be a really really massive lottery.

So a few more things to add to the list of things to do:
    Identify how closely the scenario runs with the original plot. Depending on what servants are summoned, half the plans would have to be scrapped.

Invest in some sort of information network, preferably one which includes familiars and video cameras.

Blog Entries
    If you're asking how I, personally, would survive the war in Shinji's body, I'd probably just skip town a week or two before the war and come back after an extended vacation. Because seriously, fuck that noise, I don't have anything to prove by playing magus.

Go on a 'journey of self-discovery' for the duration of the War. Out of town. Far, far away. Reflect on how you have lived your life so far. You might learn a thing or two.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post
    Go on a 'journey of self-discovery' for the duration of the War. Out of town. Far, far away. Reflect on how you have lived your life so far. You might learn a thing or two.
    Take Sakura with you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    And your reasoning behind Zōken magically deciding that Shinji is worth giving any significant amount of money to would be ... ?

Besides which, frontal assaults are going to be pretty useless. The only Servants without Anti-Army/Anti-Fortress abilites are Herakles (who counts as Anti-Army by himself) and the two Assassins. One of which is allied to Caster, with her giant Hollow Ataraxia laser, and the other of which is allied to the Matō anyway.
    He could snatch Zoukens credit card out of his wormleather purse when he is distracted with raping sakura and such. And why should frontal assaults be useless against the other servants? It's always effective to have a lot of people stomp down one single enemy