Page 134 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3484124129132133134135136139144 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 2889

Thread: The official Beast's Lair Steam thread

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The amount of bugs in Bethesda games is pretty exaggerated. Even they haven't released anything as bad as Assassin's Creed Unity, and their record pales in comparison to Obsidian. It seems like buggy releases are almost becoming the norm these days, or perhaps bugs are just more frequently noticed than they used to be. Usually with Bethesda games it's just crashes and texture bugs - and the worst for the former was New Vegas, not even made by Bethesda directly.

If nothing else, I don't remember there being any seriously game-breaking bugs along the lines of MGSV completely corrupting saves.

I don't doubt there will be bugs, but I just don't think it's possible they will be nearly as bad as people assume. There's no need to exaggerate the alleged bugs of a game that isn't even released yet.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Well.. I mean Obsidian is known for making buggy first releases of everything as well, so dunno how much it is saying that at least the games are less buggy than Obsidian.

The difference is that Obsidian games are probably actually good regardless the buggyness.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    You know how people joke about people spending money on Fate/Grand Order rather than remain f2p?

You are worse than people who spend money on Fate/Grand Order.
    Sorry, but no.

Literal gambling for the exceedingly small chance to obtain a virtual waifu is no better than buying a game.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Sorry, but no.

Literal gambling for the exceedingly small chance to obtain a virtual waifu is no better than buying a game.
    Even worse, those virtual waifus can be attained for free, and legally.

I can't condemn gambling though, lol.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    The amount of bugs in Bethesda games is pretty exaggerated. Even they haven't released anything as bad as Assassin's Creed Unity, and their record pales in comparison to Obsidian. It seems like buggy releases are almost becoming the norm these days, or perhaps bugs are just more frequently noticed than they used to be.
    I think it's more the latter rather than the former. Developers can now release large day one patches so they skimp on quality QA and don't go bug hunting nearly as much as they would have in say the PS2 generation. I mean look at MGSV and that save killing bug. That would have never gotten out the door a few generations ago. The company would have been ruined if there was even a chance their game had a bug that bad. Too often do the companies seem to want o get the product shipped and start the income train, rather than make sure the project is finished.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Edit: Not trying to accuse Five of defending Fallout 3's story and any further comments I'll take to the Fallout thread.

My complaints with Bethesda are mostly about how their storytelling skills are bad.

Probably the best known example is how Bethesda ended Fallout 3 on a extremely terrible note if you had a certain member in your party, and when called out on how dumb and out of character it was they released a paid DLC that amounted to "well fuck you too".

Want to know how they could have made it seem less dickish? Have Fawkes state that not even his radiation immunity would allow him to survive. But nope, he walks in there, pushes some buttons, and just strut around until the narration comes up telling the player what a dick they are for sending in the best person for the job cause no one dies how dare you not make yourself a martyr in a situation where no one had to be a martyr.

Last edited by Trubo; November 9th, 2015 at 12:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Oooo....kay?

Blog Entries
    Eh. Well. Whatever anyone's personal issue with the company is, and/or their past games, this newest one isn't even out yet. Calm the fuck down.

I have 14 days to refund my purchase, unless I get/already am screwed over somehow, so we'll just have to wait and see.

- - - Updated - - -

Though no chance in hell am I ever buying a Total War game at full price ever again.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oooo....kay?
    I don't like the implication that you're a selfish prick for asking the guy who can solve the entire problem without anyone dying when he's shown to be nice about doing something that would kill anyone else before already. It's bad writing and just one of the most blatant examples from Fallout 3.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Also, for the record, I also think spending money on Fate/Grand Order is no better than purchasing a game. I'd even say it's worse.

I mean, seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

But, ah, I'm done with this. I don't want to get into a discussion over this or... whatever. So, again, let's wait and see. Until then please, let's all shut up about it.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't like the implication that you're a selfish prick for asking the guy who can solve the entire problem without anyone dying when he's shown to be nice about doing something that would kill anyone else before already. It's bad writing and just one of the most blatant examples from Fallout 3.
    He's talking about bugs though, not writing.

I don't even see why a gambling mobage is brought up in comparison to anything that isn't another gambling mobage.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Snow View Post
    I don't even see why a gambling mobage is brought up in comparison to anything that isn't another gambling mobage.
    A joke/jab on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    He's talking about bugs though, not writing.
    I wasn't criticizing Fallout 3 for its bugs, that was Rocket. Assuming that the quality there was a reference to the game's bugs.

Guess I can edit that previous post of mine to not suggest that Five is defending the story.

JP Friend Code
    897036422/300565270
    Blog Entries
    The amount of bugs in Bethesda games is pretty exaggerated. Even they haven't released anything as bad as Assassin's Creed Unity, and their record pales in comparison to Obsidian. It seems like buggy releases are almost becoming the norm these days, or perhaps bugs are just more frequently noticed than they used to be. Usually with Bethesda games it's just crashes and texture bugs - and the worst for the former was New Vegas, not even made by Bethesda directly.

If nothing else, I don't remember there being any seriously game-breaking bugs along the lines of MGSV completely corrupting saves.

I don't doubt there will be bugs, but I just don't think it's possible they will be nearly as bad as people assume. There's no need to exaggerate the alleged bugs of a game that isn't even released yet.
    My main gripe with Bethesda games would be their story telling in some of their games, and the tendency for save corruption that - for me at least - tends to occur mainly in their games.
    My main annoyance with Fallout 4 would simply be the dialogue options at the moment, can't say anything else until I play it.

- - - Updated - - -

A joke/jab on my part.

I wasn't criticizing Fallout 3 for its bugs, that was Rocket. Assuming that the quality there was a reference to the game's bugs.

Guess I can edit that previous post of mine to not suggest that Five is defending the story.
    I wasn't criticising Fallout 3 in particular, but bethesda games in general. Even Oblivion and Skyrim, they tend to have some irritating bugs when it comes to quests and save corruption.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Yo, with G-Senjo no Maou, should I even splurge for the voiced version?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Looks like Steam has been having a Black Friday sale. Picked up the Witcher trilogy just to see what all the hubub is.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Has Black Friday Steam sale been this good before?

Christ, if I'm not careful, I'm gonna exceed a hundred dollars.

dunno, I want to pick up Ground Zeroes for cheap (aka 5 bucks) but it hasn't dropped there yet.
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Did Lightning Returns just come out for Steam? Seemed a bit low in price for something that would be new.

Blog Entries
    Sale for the first few days of release or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?