(after shooting him)
    "Oh my god Shephard, are you okay?"
    "I am. He's not."
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Ha, yeah.

IMO, good moments with Wrex, Mordin, Tali romance.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ME1 was amazing because it was completely unironically written as a space opera. Then with ME2 and ME3 they actually tried to write regular sci-fi, and it just didn't have the same feel.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    ME1 was amazing because it was completely unironically written as a space opera. Then with ME2 and ME3 they actually tried to write regular sci-fi, and it just didn't have the same feel.
    100% agreed. I really really miss the slick aesthetic, the "exploring the final frontier" feel of ME1.

Just stick ME3 combat into it and I'd be happy. as an RPG junkie I do miss the numbers of ME1's system a little, but it was too messy. Also 23948729047824 weapon mods

that reminds me, my god that in-universe explanation for thermal clips was stupid and totally unbelievable
    Last edited by mewarmo990; October 22nd, 2014 at 05:55 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    100% agreed. I really really miss the slick aesthetic, the "exploring the final frontier" feel of ME1.

Just stick ME3 combat into it and I'd be happy. as an RPG junkie I do miss the numbers of ME1's system a little, but it was too messy. Also 23948729047824 weapon mods

that reminds me, my god that in-universe explanation for thermal clips was stupid and totally unbelievable
    To be fair, ME1 and it's idea that your weapons "overheat" and need time to cool down before being used again is all kinds of silly.

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Yeah that was silly too. If I recall, explanation of guns was something like:

ME1: Guns have effectively unlimited ammunition because they shave off pellets from a large block of dense metal. The only limitation is overheating, durability of parts, etc.

Then the change:

ME2: Geth created interchangeable heat sinks that massively improved efficiency in a firefight. This innovation is so amazing that the entirety of galactic civilization adopts it within two years. Conveniently, the number of shots that each heat sink is good for closely matches common magazine capacities of early 21st-century firearms.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; October 22nd, 2014 at 08:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Bioware retcons. They put in explanation to appease the people who would have been mad angry about a retcon. Mad anger happens anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    The explanation was a retcon in spirit, if not name. Like, there is no way that could possibly happen in a maximum of 2 years. So they might as well have said "10 years ago the geth did this so it's this way, forget about ME1"

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "There never were overheating problems. Commander Shepard was just paranoid that his guns would get too hot and hurt him. Cerberus resolved this issue when they revived him."
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't even understand the inclusion of magazines from a game design standpoint. You'd think they'd implement something like this to have more potential "screws" for balance tweaking and changing the handling of guns to address the fact that all the ME1 guns felt so same-y, but then they scrap the entire gun catalogue anyway and give you like 2-3 guns per category with every new gun essentially being a straight upgrade.

good job

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    On the other hand, in ME3 I just have way too many damn guns. Not really a complaint, I personally think that's cool - they should be giving me all this shit if I'm saving the galaxy - but I end up just sticking with the same ones throughout my playthroughs that I got good with from min-maxing in multiplayer. Speaking of which, playing a lot of Gold/Platinum MP made SP feel so easy even on Insanity but that's to be expected. Basically felt like Gold with cheats (pause and play).

I didn't like that the guns I liked in ME2 got nerfed, like the Mattock and Locust. But again, lots of cool options in 3.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; October 23rd, 2014 at 06:04 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yeah once it hit ME3 the magazine change actually did make sense. And the encumbrance system was also a better alternative than the ME1 or 2 approach.

It's just the best one all around when it comes to the combat. Also biotics neither making you a god like in ME1 nor being almost completely useless like in 2. shame about that story eh

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Yup, most polished mechanics. Goooood I wish Alpha Protocol played that well.

damn shame. I didn't rage like other people but it still felt disappointing. I could dig the abstract sci-fi ending, not so much having no idea what happened to everything else I put so much effort into helping.

Blog Entries
    Alpha Protocol sequel never.

goddamn that was a great unpolished game, def get it when it's on a sale and you haven't played it, prepare for it to bug out though

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I have it. I've seen it on Steam sale for as low as $3.00 USD but I bought it at release since I had friends at Obsidian (they're close by) and wanted to support them.

But seriously people, if you want an interesting game get it. Espionage Mass Effect! Except bugs out the kazoo and with really really crappy action gameplay.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; October 23rd, 2014 at 06:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    If you are in the early midgame and spec'd stealth and pistols it's even fun to play, the problem is how it just fucking breaks once you reach later levels. You turn into the one hit killing invisible spectre of death/nonlethal takedowns.

The roleplaying aspect is actually superb though, the game reacts really well to the choices you make i.e. they actually make a difference.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Pistol Chain Shot = godly boss slayer, bwa ha ha so broken

I love the RP side of it. The way conversations handled was believable, even down to how you only have a limited time to answer or say nothing like in Telltale's Walking Dead games.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    The roleplaying aspect is actually superb though, the game reacts really well to the choices you make i.e. they actually make a difference.
    i thought everybodys problem with ME3s ending was that it didnt let your choice make a difference
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    The problem was people were angry you couldn't marry Tali, and complained about choice because if they complained about Tali they'd look silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    If you are in the early midgame and spec'd stealth and pistols it's even fun to play, the problem is how it just fucking breaks once you reach later levels. You turn into the one hit killing invisible spectre of death/nonlethal takedowns.

Played Alpha Protocol exactly like this a few months back, it was my third playthru... It felt so satisfying to clear entire rooms without being seen, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    i thought everybodys problem with ME3s ending was that it didnt let your choice make a difference
    There were many problems with that ending, problems that make it objectively bad in my eyes, and then there were complaints like:

The problem was people were angry you couldn't marry Tali, and complained about choice because if they complained about Tali they'd look silly.
    This one, let's just say that when the fanbase decides to make up their own ending and it actually sounds better than the ending you came up with something might be wrong with your writing.

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.