Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: In The Blood (AKA Rin and Sakura: Magic Detectives in London) (Post HF True) (Collab with Moczo)

Blog Entries

In The Blood (AKA Rin and Sakura: Magic Detectives in London) (Post HF True) (Collab with Moczo)

In The Blood

Prologue

The hunger was unbearable tonight.

The first night, it had been fine. No problem at all. No, better than fine, perfect. The strength, the speed, even things such as sight and hearing burned with an electric clarity.

It went without saying that he had gone out again the next night; just being in the city was an experience when he was like this. But he had begun to notice something about the people he saw, looking down from the buildings as he leapt between them like some kind of God.

He noticed that to his new, heightened senses... they had begun to smell very, very good.

He'd been scared, by that. What his body told him to do was monstrous. And so, he had tried to stop there. Stay in at night, forget the rush. But God forgive him, he just couldn't. He had tasted something special, and he just couldn't give it up. He just couldn't.

It was his third night. And the hunger was unbearable. But at least his body was telling him exactly how to sate it...

He had followed her for awhile, now. She was pretty. Young. She lived in a good neighborhood, and didn't see any problem at all with walking to the pub at night; she didn't drink enough to worry about losing her way, and it wasn't far from her flat. He knew this because he had followed her every step of the way, both ways. He told himself that he was trying to talk himself out of it, but...

Really, on some level, it was just the thrill of the hunt. That realization made him feel alternating sensations of deep revulsion and primal joy.

She walked, drunk and tired. She never looked behind herself, never looked into the shadows. It probably wouldn't have saved her if she had, but she might have at least seen when one shadow descended from the rooftops, into the next alley she would pass, just before her apartment building. She might have turned the other way, found somewhere with people, run for safety.

She hobbled near the entrance to the alleyway, humming a bar song, her stride slightly uneven, but firm. There was nobody on the street with her.

In a blur of black and red, he snapped out from the alley, clamped one hand on her mouth and the other around her waist, and dragged her into the shadows with him. He was stronger, faster, had the element of surprise, and he could see with perfect clarity even in the dark. She was drunk, tired, and in shock. She tried to struggle, but it was a doomed effort from the start.

He bit down onto her neck, as hard as he could, her screams muffled by the hand clamped down on her mouth like a vise.

She stopped struggling quickly.

The blood was so, so good.

"Well?" The man in the shadows asked. His voice was deep, and resonant, but somehow not quite right... it had a hollow quality to it, as though he were shouting from the other end of a long tunnel.

"Demand has doubled over the last two weeks. And this is on the heels of tripling the month before." Said the robed man. His voice, in contrast, was not only human but rather pleasant. Lightly accented, almost melodic; not a voice for dark dealings in abandoned buildings. "Profits are skyrocketing. Word-of-mouth is in our favor."

"Ugh. How tedious! I've told you before, I care little for the accountant's craft. Tell me what I want to hear, man!"

The robed man sighed. "There have been seventeen deaths that I have been able to confirm since the product was introduced, and nearly thirty more in critical condition. Mostly dregs... the homeless, vagrants, illegal aliens, people who won't be missed."

"Well... it's a start."

“… Only a start?”

The shadowed man smirked. The darkness was so absolute that even when he smiled, nothing was seen.

“Why, of course. Did you really think we’d only keep this limited to such trash? Where’s the fun in that?”

"... this attitude is troublesome."

"I prefer to think of it as 'inspired'." The shadowed man said. "You love this dreary business of concoction and economics, my friend, but I am an artiste. And while there is a certain plebian amusement to be taken from sweeping aside garbage, well... I have never seen a finer artwork than the palaces of the wealthy and powerful wreathed in flame. They're so secure. So confident. They never see it coming. The surprise is the best part, don't you think?"

"... they also have the most disposable income."

"Ugh. I find myself trapped! My soul constrained! Gods above and devils below, I am trying to make art and I am partnered with an accountant!"

The robed man rolled his eyes. Drama queen, he thought. Out loud, he said, "You have the samples I need, at least?"

"No. Soul." The shadowed man said. A gloved hand slid a black leather attaché case across the floor. "That should be enough for another two batches. Don't waste it, providing requires a rather personal, painful touch."

The robed man clicked open the case, looking in to see over a dozen small sealed vials of a liquid that might have been blood, or might have been something just a bit too dark. "As always, your sacrifice is appreciated."

“Is it? Is it really?”

The robed man simply sighed.

It was, all things considered, a beautiful day in London.

Enjoying the scene right outside the airport window—even if it was just a couple of planes taking off into the air and landing—Sakura set down her travel bags and took a moment to stretch, exhaling deeply. The sensation of her spine cracking out and her muscles relaxing felt good, after so many hours of being in the air, in the tightness of a plane.

As she lowered her hands from above her head, right on cue, her cell phone lit up and rang.

She scooped it up from her bag and checked the caller id, not particularly shocked when she recognized the name that was listed there. Smiling in spite of herself, she flipped it open and brought it to her ear. “Hello, Senpai.”

“Sakura?” He was surprised. “How did you know it was me?”

“Your name came up on my caller ID.” Sakura pushed hair out of her eyes. “I landed safely, no worries.”

“Oh, did you?” Shirou seemed to sigh in relief. “Good, good. You didn’t feel sick or anything, right? You got through the flight okay?”

“Yes, Senpai.”

“Because it was your first time flying, and sometimes—“

He might have been annoying, with how he worried and fretted; he should have been annoying. Sakura found his concern was like sugar to her. "Senpai. Shirou. Honey. I have been through greater trials in my life than a plane ride. I even made it through most of them." She said, making sure to let the laughter leak into her tone so he knew she wasn't genuinely angry.

"... I know. I just worry. We haven't been apart for more than a few hours at a time since... you know. I know it's silly to worry, but I can't help it."

"It's silly in a good way, at least." Sakura said, grinning. "But I'll be fine. I have nee-san's address, and everything is labeled clearly enough. Good thing I practiced my English, right?"

She could have sworn she heard Rider grumble something in the background that made Shirou chuckle nervously, and didn’t ask him what she’d said; the poor woman had suffered enough, being an unwilling listener to her English lessons as she practiced.

Sakura still thought she’d been pretty okay, considering how short notice it was. Taiga had been a huge help.

“Are you sure this is such a good idea?” Shirou asked. “I mean, I know you wanted to surprise Tohsaka, but…”

“It’ll be fine, Senpai. Even if Nee-san is annoyed at first, I’ll just wear her down so she sees things my way.” She’d gained experience in that, during the time Rin had been home on break. Turned out her older sister was far softer than her icy exterior showed.

“I still wonder what you did to her over break to convince her to actually listen to somebody for a change. Your sister is the most stubborn person I’ve ever met.”

Sakura laughed. “I have my ways.” She checked her watch, noting the time. “Ah, I have to go now, Senpai, I need to get to my hotel and drop my things off before I visit Nee-san. I’ll call you around dinner, okay?”

“Yeah, okay, sounds good.” Shirou paused. “Sakura?”

“Yes?”

“I love you.”

Those words never failed to make her heart swell, even after two years. “I love you, too. Talk to you later.”

“Talk to you later. Tell Tohsaka we all say hi, and want her to come home soon. She should visit more often.”

“Will do.” She said cheerfully. Then, with a smirk, said, "And if she disagrees, I'll just twist her arm some more."

"My girlfriend is an evil mastermind."

"And you love it." She said, clicking the phone closed with a smile.

Now then. She didn't have a license to drive in this country, so she would have to find a taxi, check into the hotel, find another taxi, walk around the Clock Tower until she found Rin's room...

"Good thing I slept on the plane." She said dryly. She lifted her bags and followed the signs to the exit.

At least she would get to see some of London outside the window? Living with Senpai, it had been ages since she'd seen Western architecture. And she wanted to see some of the big, touristy places... Big Ben, the Tower of London... oh! And the western cuisine! Hopefully she'd pick up some fun new recipes to try when she got home.

Hey, a trans-continental trip was pricey. It couldn't all be about her sister.

Rin was not, all things considered, having a good day. And it was only the middle of the afternoon.

Not a promising start.

She blamed it pretty squarely on Zelretch. No matter what her mentor seemed to think and how he ran his own life, she needed sleep, dammit. She was running on her second day of pulling an all nighter, and she was seriously beginning to think that drinking an ungodly amount of tea wouldn’t get her through it.

She was tired, she was sore from the training, and to top it all off, she was pretty sure she had the beginnings of a headache pounding at her temples.

Oh yes. Rin was having a very, very bad day.

She was contemplating the wisdom of just skipping school for the day and sleeping when she heard someone knocking at her door. She ignored it, at first, thinking it was just the sensation of pain singing through her forehead.

When the knocking sounded again, though, she groaned, cast one last longing look at her bed, and finally went and opened the door. “Hello?”

Sakura smiled brilliantly, looking amazingly cheerful and almost glowing. “Hi, Nee-san!”

“… Hi, Sakura,” Rin said, her brain somewhat lagging behind her mouth at the moment.

Then, something in her brain clicked.

… Wait.

“Sakura?”

The younger girl blinked. “Yes, Nee-san?”

Okay. Okay, yes, Sakura was really here. This wasn’t just a figment of her sleep deprived brain, her sister was actually standing in front of her. Which meant Sakura was in London. Which meant…

Oh. Shit.

“Sakura,” Rin said very, very calmly. Almost too calmly.

“Uh, yes?”

“I have one question, and it will determine whether or not I attempt jumping out my window to escape, screaming like a little girl.”

“…. Okay?”

“Is Rider with you?”

“Rider?” Sakura frowned. “Ah, no, I came by myself, she’s back home with Fujimura-sensei and Senpai.”

“Then I won’t have to consider jumping out my window.”

“… Something happened between you two, huh.” It was a statement, not a question.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Rin mumbled, and swore her headache increased in intensity. "... do you wanna get lunch? I don't think I'm going to be getting back to sleep."

"Oh! Oh! Can we have fish and chips? I want to try something 'British-y'."

Rin sighed a little at Sakura's blatant, puppyish enthusiasm. "Tourists."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why yes, Moczo and I are actually doing a serious, multi-chapter collab. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    In The Blood

Awwww, yeah, baby. You knew it was gonna happen someday.

Beams and Moczo. Together again.

Blog Entries
    Am I allowed to be afraid in a good way? Because I am.
    Also, I hope for some Sherlock and Watson references...just hoping, though. Probably not happening. ;w;
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    ... Doom.

So much doom.

Also lawl Rider, you so rape-y.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    Awwww, yeah, baby. You knew it was gonna happen someday.

Beams and Moczo. Together again.
    For an actual, serious project.

God help us.

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like the fact that just the threat of Rider's presence could send Rin to such levels as jumping out her window and screaming like a little girl. This seems like it'll be fun.

And I would probably ask the same thing as Sakura did at the end when offered my first meal in England. >_>

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I am excited at the possibilities, happy that is happening and waiting for more afraid, very afraid.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

I'm gonna put on my tin hat and say that the big bad's Jack the Ripper....'s reincarnation. Great job, you two!

Blog Entries
    FUCK YES.

I like, vampires, mysterious villains . . .

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    I am excited at the possibilities, happy that is happening and waiting for more afraid, very afraid.
    You should be, knowing us.

"Oh! Oh! Can we have fish and chips? I want to try something 'British-y'."

Rin sighed a little at Sakura's blatant, puppyish enthusiasm. "Tourists."
    D'AAAAAWWWWWWW. Come on Rin, how can you look down on a face like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Suncofold View Post
    yes, Moczo and I are actually doing a serious, multi-chapter collab. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    *curls up and quivers in a corner*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imaginary View Post
    *curls up and quivers in a corner*
    An excellent start!

Blog Entries
    We're breaking them and we haven't even really gotten started yet...

Blog Entries
    Shinryu: *hiding under a Met-hat* I shall not break as easily!
    Miscellany~
    Anyone who mentions THAT Majora's Mask meme gets to meet the Ladder. <- Is serious
    Reality Marble: Ascended Memorized Phantasm - Perfect Manikin Army
    I have been uncursed! My groin still hurts.
    I have a folder full of stolen avatars and sig pics. Short of mind-probing, no one's going to find it.
    I look away for a sec, and I'm suddenly attending a college called MGS.

A living portrait, a forgotten portrait... and Yoshi.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh this is going to be glorious.

Well done you two. Well down. I fully expect my brain to be broken and to be mashed back together to accomodated significant increase of AWESOME in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    >.>

Another new fic by Beam? Sheesh, it's like she's spawning these things like... Y'know, my brain doesn't seem to work very well right now, I'll get back to you later on this one, maybe.

*is totally not mind-numbed by horror at a serious collab between Moczo and Beam*
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

And somehow that serious feels like a trap, a Beam and Mozoco cooperation that is *awed*serious?
    And voting for Sakura tasting black pudding before she learns whats inside.

And it appears the yet again Beam's plot bunnies are multiplying. *activate nagging voice* Can't you ever just settle down and concentrate on one for fic for once young missy? *deactivate old geezer voice*
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
    >.>

Another new fic by Beam? Sheesh, it's like she's spawning these things like... Y'know, my brain doesn't seem to work very well right now, I'll get back to you later on this one, maybe.

*is totally not mind-numbed by horror at a serious collab between Moczo and Beam*
    Quote Originally Posted by nitewind View Post
    And it appears the yet again Beam's plot bunnies are multiplying. *activate nagging voice* Can't you ever just settle down and concentrate on one for fic for once young missy? *deactivate old geezer voice*
    Actually, this one is my fault. I had the Plotbunny and invited her to join in.

Granted, she isn't totally blameless, since she gave into my temptations and said 'yes'. They weren't even good temptations, either. I just said, "I have an idea you'd like, wanna collaborate?" XD

How dare you do this moczo when you should be writting more Chaos Theory!! Now then... *cracks whip* Get back to work moczo and Beamu!
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!