Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 123471252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Strategy (Paradox Interactive thread)

Blog Entries
    K then, Empty huge galaxy it is.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    Disclaimer: I know nothing about that game and that may be a terrible idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Disclaimer: I know nothing about that game and that may be a terrible idea.

You're right, it was boring as hell =/

TIME TO GO BACK TO EU3
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off

Blog Entries
    FUCK YEAH EU 3

god I'm so hooked now
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    I think I'm going to stay away from Mongol Hordes now.

Now, what country would be interesting like Byzantium...

Maybe Japan?
    Arthur-san is my waifu

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I loved EU3 but when I tried out HoI I had no idea what I was doing because everything was the same color and there were too much stuff and I didn't know what to do lol.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *goes to play Europa Barbarorum*
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries

Bitches. There's this little bit from the Sinai to Judea that you can't really see. Inca, Maya, Cherokee, Tripoli are vassals, Aragon was forced into a personal union.

Blog Entries

Revolutionary Switzerland.

I love this.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    The penis of Italy will jizz across the Mediterranean!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries

That feel when you finally manage to mod this

IT'S ON FUCKERS
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    Holy shit, I just played the most amazing game of AoE3 ever. Lasted a whole two and a half hours, but it was brilliant.

I was the Russians, my best faction, and it was a 3 x 3 battle on Hard. After a while the three enemies focused all on me, and they wouldn't let up. Still, I gave them hell, and managed to resist their nonstop offense for the whole two and a half hours. There was the Indians, the Spanish and the Dutch, and by far the worst were the Dutch.

I had the horrible luck of the map getting the Little Bombard mercenaries, and the AI fucking loves mercenaries. There was the Dutch, too, so it ended up that I was being smashed with wave after wave of the second best artillery piece in the game, with only shitty Cossacks to stop them.

Fortunately, I had all the right cards to make my infantry train in literally less than a second; the training bar didn't even show up. The units just instantly spawned, and this was true for all infantry but my Strelets, which trained fast anyhow. Cavalry were alright, and I managed to get a lot of use out of Cossacks.

I almost got defeated when the enemies concentrated their efforts on my first Fort, bringing it down. I managed to repel that attack eventually, but I had to make do with a bunch of haphazard blockhouses and a stable in lieu of a good Fort. The other stood, though, which was a godsend. Had they all pushed right past just enough there, I would have been utterly ruined. Luckily, I managed to pop up to Imperial to match their own Imperial troops, and gathered tons and tons of resources to rebuild my defenses and upgrade all of my relevant troops.

The real turning point, though, was when I crippled their naval power with a surprise attack; the whole game had been fought without any naval engagements up until I sent Imperial frigates and a couple Monitors to destroy their fleet and their docks. I blockaded them there, and stopped them from getting any sea-based resources, which are often the most important parts of late-game strategy.

Two of my galleons parked right on their shore, and I sent wave after wave of my troops into the Indian base. Not even all their camels, elephants and British redcoats could help them, and being so close to the shoreline made it so that they were toppled quickly. My Oprichnik raiding cavalry worked wonders against their buildings, and just as I had whittled down the Indians, I started to work on the Spanish.

That was a bit harder, since they got immediate backup from the Dutch and their endless coffers, but with some aid from my Iroquois allies (my German friends had been destroyed completely earlier in the match) I punched a hole straight through their town and destroyed their military buildings. My Oprichniks made quick work of everything that was left.

After that, there was only the Dutch left. They'd fortified their town something fierce, with a big old Fort smack in the middle of their town as well as numerous towers and, of course, those goddamn Bombards. I sent all I got at them, even though it took a long while for my Halberdiers and Cossacks and Oprichniks to reach them from the shoreline. After some intense pressure and clever maneuvering, I defeated them. It was quite, quite lovely to hear old Maurice begging for mercy. I decided to give it to him, because it's late and I ought to be getting to bed really soon.

The real key to victory here was my ability to mass-produce troops that perfectly countered what I was getting hit with. That was especially obivous when it came to the Indian camels; they were absolutely cut to ribbons by my Halberdiers, and it was really beautiful.

That was a truly fantastic battle. I hope that I can fight even harder and win even faster next time, but I could only do that as the Russians or perhaps the Germans. I'm not nearly good enough as any other faction to win against three whole Hard enemies.

Those fucking Bombards, man.

Blog Entries
    ok, now you're gonna make me download Age of Empires 3 @_@
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    THIS THREAD MUST BE BACK!

Thanks to Leo for getting me hard for vicky2.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Ah, Paradox. I played dozens of hours of King Arthur until I ran into a game-stopping bug that never got fixed because it was years after most of the developers had already been laid off.

This is me who thinks the strategy part of Total War games is stupid, loving the hell out of this part-fantasy part-RPG wargame.

Coincidentally this was around the time where I was getting interested in the finer details Nasuverse lore, what with pulling the Sword from the Stone and its magic changing Arthur and the British Isles and miracles and all that. If I was someone that liked fanfiction I probably would have written something.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; March 12th, 2013 at 01:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    Was playing Crusader Kings II, but then lost my save file a couple months ago. I spent like eighty hours on it, and poof. Haven't touched it since then.

Still waiting on Europa Universalis IV though.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    All Google reverse image search tells me is that it's an artist called Bob Ross painting happy little trees. Clarification for the ignorant peasant please?

Come to think of it I should probably try playing other nations; I almost always start with Burgundy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiu View Post
    All Google reverse image search tells me is that it's an artist called Bob Ross painting happy little trees. Clarification for the ignorant peasant please?

Come to think of it I should probably try playing other nations; I almost always start with Burgundy.
    Bob Ross is the master of Paradox games, for he knows the way of the interactive map-painting simulator.

Really the whole point of Paradox games is to mess with sliders and watch pretty colours make shapes on the map. Then Germany blobs up in Vicky and makes everything terrible.

Blog Entries
    Nobody here plays Sword of the Stars??!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Ah, Paradox. I played dozens of hours of King Arthur until I ran into a game-stopping bug that never got fixed because it was years after most of the developers had already been laid off.

This is me who thinks the strategy part of Total War games is stupid, loving the hell out of this part-fantasy part-RPG wargame.

Coincidentally this was around the time where I was getting interested in the finer details Nasuverse lore, what with pulling the Sword from the Stone and its magic changing Arthur and the British Isles and miracles and all that. If I was someone that liked fanfiction I probably would have written something.
    The strategy part was executed kinda weirdly.

Early game mass spies + snowballing early unit missions for free cavalry allows you to quickly nom a significant amount of land- and if you grab some place easily defendable, ex Scandinavia in TW2, you'd be set for most of the rest of the game.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.