Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Fists of Steel

I guess Agaillus wrote Tousaka because in Fate/Extra that's how they romanized it. But as far as I remember, either Tosaka, Tohsaka or Toosaka are better romanizations, from what Koto-nee said. I personally go with Tohsaka, it seems (and sounds) better to me.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Agailius View Post
    Something tells me I'm going to have a very polarized set of opinions. That aside, whaddaya ya think of it?
    I dunno, I can't really see anything wrong with it.

I know nothing about Fist of the North Star, so I can't really beta-read it, but it seems like a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgos View Post
    The last thing, which is minor, you misspelled "Tohsaka", unless there's some alternative spelling that I'm unaware of. I just noticed it and thought I'd point it out.
    It's the spelling used in the Fate/Extra translation, so it is at least legitimate, if rather unusual. Personally, I'd rather he changed it, but I think it is spelt "Tohsaka" more out of fandom tradition than anything "official".

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Despite Ken knowing a Martial Arts that can make people explode with his fists, he really doesn't like to kill people. He's actually a pretty nice guy and generally gives the douche bags a chance before making them explode with his fists. Yeah, Ken's cool.
    Well, that makes sense, but it doesn't really work all that well for a Grail War....

Also, I'm guessing Zouken would be an exception to that rule, given that he's gone way beyond being just a "douche bag".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Well, that makes sense, but it doesn't really work all that well for a Grail War....

Also, I'm guessing Zouken would be an exception to that rule, given that he's gone way beyond being just a "douche bag".
    Dear god, if Ken found out about Zouken . . . well there's a reason why the FotNS theme sings "You're in shock!" all the time. (Okay it's Yu a Sha or something like that, but yeah.)

There are times were Ken does completely lose his cool. He does have a weakness for damsels in distress (Specially since his girlfriend was kinda NTRed away from him by Shin) and kids. When he sees stuff like that, well, his shirt will explode off his body in a display of PURE AWESOME MANILINESS and he will resemble Bruce Lee on steroids before someone explodes in a gush of way too much blood.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Assets transcending Virtual and Reality themasterwarlord's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    I guess Agaillus wrote Tousaka because in Fate/Extra that's how they romanized it. But as far as I remember, either Tosaka, Tohsaka or Toosaka are better romanizations, from what Koto-nee said. I personally go with Tohsaka, it seems (and sounds) better to me.
    It's the spelling used in the Fate/Extra translation, so it is at least legitimate, if rather unusual. Personally, I'd rather he changed it, but I think it is spelt "Tohsaka" more out of fandom tradition than anything "official".

It's because most long 'o's are "ou" in hiragana, but Rin's case it is actually "oo" (too from tooi/far).

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle B.B. Rain's Avatar
    So does this mean Koujiro is a Saber, now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    "Earn Shirou's love, Berserker!" Ilya said.

"RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAARGH!" Berserker said, interpreting this order the way he interpreted most orders: kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    "Berserker!" Ilya screamed. "Come find love!"

Berserker exploded into the room with a roar that shook the foundations of the very castle.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Rin said.

Sweeping down on her faster than the eye could see, Berserker plucked Rin up in his arms and ran off, ignoring her shrieks of protest.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Dear god, if Ken found out about Zouken . . . well there's a reason why the FotNS theme sings "You're in shock!" all the time. (Okay it's Yu a Sha or something like that, but yeah.)

There are times were Ken does completely lose his cool. He does have a weakness for damsels in distress (Specially since his girlfriend was kinda NTRed away from him by Shin) and kids. When he sees stuff like that, well, his shirt will explode off his body in a display of PURE AWESOME MANILINESS and he will resemble Bruce Lee on steroids before someone explodes in a gush of way too much blood.
    Well, he doesn't sound like the sort of guy to just off Rider (or even Shinji) without working out what the hell is going on there, so it seems quite likely that he will find out....

Quote Originally Posted by B.B. Rain View Post
    So does this mean Koujiro is a Saber, now?
    Bingo, buddy. It's gonna be one helluva fight when they duke it out, when I get around to it.

Oh, yes, there will be glorious, righteous retribution when Ken and Shirou (Oh, gosh, you can combine the two names together!) find out. Zouken will die a horrible death, and Sakura will be swept off her feet.

I think, however, I'm gonna have to not follow one particular route. Can't do Fate for the blindingly obvious reason that the main love interest is replaced by--well--Kenshirou. UBW might've worked, but it'd require Illya's death in order to complete, which I'm against as it'd negate one of the future awesome scenes I'm thinking up. As for HF... naw. Dark Sakura would, well, to be frank, too broken.

For this reason, I think I'm gonna make my own route. As heretical and insane as it sounds.

Blog Entries
    Well, he doesn't sound like the sort of guy to just off Rider (or even Shinji) without working out what the hell is going on there, so it seems quite likely that he will find out....
    Actually no.

Because Rider is a woman and Shinji is a child.

He'd attempt to show Shinji the error of his way, and Shinji may become a sidekick. At least cannon Ken would.

And dude, go for your own route. Seriously. XD

Saving Sakura means you could pair Shirou up with her.

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

And dude, go for your own route. Seriously. XD

Saving Sakura means you could pair Shirou up with her.
    *le gasp*Mistress Elf, has anyone ever told you you are a f***ing genius?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle whosaidthat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bingo, buddy. It's gonna be one helluva fight when they duke it out, when I get around to it.

Oh, yes, there will be glorious, righteous retribution when Ken and Shirou (Oh, gosh, you can combine the two names together!) find out. Zouken will die a horrible death, and Sakura will be swept off her feet.

I think, however, I'm gonna have to not follow one particular route. Can't do Fate for the blindingly obvious reason that the main love interest is replaced by--well--Kenshirou. UBW might've worked, but it'd require Illya's death in order to complete, which I'm against as it'd negate one of the future awesome scenes I'm thinking up. As for HF... naw. Dark Sakura would, well, to be frank, too broken.

For this reason, I think I'm gonna make my own route. As heretical and insane as it sounds.
    Sounds the right path, specially because Ken isn't adverse in dishing out massive amounts of violence and won't help Shirou going the path of Archer, mostly because he is the more of the "I will do what I can were I am" insted of the "I must save everybody, or at least as close to everybody as I can", and Ken isn't adverse to letting people work out their own problems themselves if he know it will help them. Leading them by hand don't really improve their situation, he just kill off the enemies that make such advancement nearly impossible in his Might Makes Right world.

I'd like to see what kind of Hero Shirou would become with Ken's influence.
    Fate/Core Hero [Fate Stay Night/???]

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    I think I'm gonna make my own route.
    I think it usually is the best choice to do so. In Fate/Stay Night it's glorious, because you don't have events that have to happen. Here small changes can really affect everything.

I'm pretty sure Ken has a few dozen pressure point moves he could destroy the worms with while leaving Sakura unharmed.
    Hokuto Shinken is some crazy shit.

Interesting start. The writing is ok, the plot sounds good but I prefer to wait a few chapters before making judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgos View Post
    I think it usually is the best choice to do so.
    Oh, and, Malgos? About the orange text--I was trying to make it red (I've rectified it now), like in the visual novel.

Blog Entries
    *le gasp*Mistress Elf, has anyone ever told you you are a f***ing genius?
    Yep!

But it's something I don't mind hearing again and again.

Ironically, my husband's a huge FotNS fan.

Yep!

But it's something I don't mind hearing again and again.

Ironically, my husband's a huge FotNS fan.
    Hmm. Maybe he could give me a few pointers on Kenshirou's personality.

Blog Entries
    Hmm. Maybe he could give me a few pointers on Kenshirou's personality.
    I think most of the manga is actually translated on Mangafox.

Seriously, reading that will help more than anything.

Cute Boy Who Likes To Show Off Nacho the Doritosedge's Avatar
    ^this. it's a lot better to get the feel for his personnality yourself then just taking accounts from others. that way it feels more natural as you write it.

Blog Entries
    If you incorporate Souten No Ken styles to... then Kenshiro gains:

Brain Stab = Control. (Though in a way he has that already)
    Freezing objects with energy. (Bullets and daggers! They do nothing! He already has anti dart/arrow.)
    Negating Preemptive Attacks.
    Able to make the angle of his attacks undecipherable.

Also please consider this for a moment. Technically the living Kenshiro, Toki, Raoh, Kaioh, Ryukan etc still exist at this time, since a Nuclear War is soon to happen, and by what Archer says in Extra you can link this together.
    Also remember he has Rei, Shins, Shuu, Yuda (Ironically they were not close but uses a lot due to the range of the moves), Ryuga etc moves.
    Man, I CANNOT wait for Musou Tensei.
    Or perhaps EVIL KENSHIRO VIA KAIOH POWER... lol no.

Also Kojirou will probably recognise the style, since apparently the style was used by the heroes of the Three Kingdoms of China.

Ken........he summored KEN......

Oh dear God yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Mook From SpaceBattles View Post

Long ago, in a distant timeline, I, Kyuubee, the Entropy-shifting Master of Grief, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a foolish Mahou Shoujo wielding a magic shield stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow was struck, she tore open a portal in time and flung herself into the past, where my evil is raw! Now, the fool seeks to change the future, and undo the future that is Kyuubee..."

Favoriting this so HARD! Off to a great start (though. to be fair, I saw the chapter after you had made your corrections), and if you keep this up all you'll really need is a beta-reader. And, yeah, if you want to capture the essence of Ken's character, it's better to just read the entire series on MangaFox. Don't worry, we are more than willing to wait in order to get the best experience possible! Also, Souten no Ken (the prequel) is available on MangaFox if you need more ideas for techniques!