Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 27101112

Thread: Fists of Steel

Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    Er, Agailius, that's bad... why?
    It's not a bad thing at all! At least from a story perspective. In fact, it's VERY good.

From a narrative perspective... ehh... Well, it'd eliminate about 2/3 of all the conflict of canon. With Toki replacing Medea, no one tryin to suck up the town's energy. With Raoh replacing Medusa, no one's blood is getting sucked(and was that the remains of Shinji's face splattered against the wall back there?). Plus, Toki's insane healing-fu would render Zouken a hilariously easy enemy to deal with, and Sakura could be cure with a flick of his Jesus-esque wrists. Not to mention, with the world , ya know, not having experienced nuclear Armageddon, I see little reason why Raoh'd covet the Grail. More than anything, I think he'd just want to show up his brothers.

On the other hand, I bet Lancer and Raoh would get along swimmingly... And if a certain priest is taken care of, I think Lancer would follow him at the drop of a hat. And with teh three lady-Servants being replaced, I don't think Gilly would have the opportunity to use the WOMEN AND CHILDREN line--and I do love denying that goldie what he likes.
    My Job Description
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

Blog Entries
    Okay... wanted to be positively sure about that.

Glad you are willing to undo the stations of the canon here.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

So, more than crossovered characters than just Kenshiro? Pity.

Salem, Oregon, USA, Earth, the Solar System, the Milky Way galaxy, the Orion Spur
    I don't know the first thing about Fist of the North Star, but I enjoyed reading this. Subscribing, watch yourself.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Agailius View Post
    It's not a bad thing at all! At least from a story perspective. In fact, it's VERY good.

From a narrative perspective... ehh... Well, it'd eliminate about 2/3 of all the conflict of canon. With Toki replacing Medea, no one tryin to suck up the town's energy. With Raoh replacing Medusa, no one's blood is getting sucked(and was that the remains of Shinji's face splattered against the wall back there?). Plus, Toki's insane healing-fu would render Zouken a hilariously easy enemy to deal with, and Sakura could be cure with a flick of his Jesus-esque wrists. Not to mention, with the world , ya know, not having experienced nuclear Armageddon, I see little reason why Raoh'd covet the Grail. More than anything, I think he'd just want to show up his brothers.

On the other hand, I bet Lancer and Raoh would get along swimmingly... And if a certain priest is taken care of, I think Lancer would follow him at the drop of a hat. And with teh three lady-Servants being replaced, I don't think Gilly would have the opportunity to use the WOMEN AND CHILDREN line--and I do love denying that goldie what he likes.
    You can do whatever so long as Raoh's horse is in this.

I guess you could have Freddy be Rider instead, he's also ridden Raoh's horse.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe I never found this story until now. KENSHIRO

Idea is great; I'd work on making some parts more unique. So far we are just stepping through various VN / anime scenes with a line or two changed. Having the divergence into Kenshiro's past was good. You want more things like that. Don't be afraid to branch out to your own route.

Elaborating more on things would be good too. I want to see more of Archer and Kenshiro interacting. I was looking forward to seeing Kotomine too, but I guess that must have gone exactly as canon so it was skipped.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Elaborating more on things would be good too. I want to see more of Archer and Kenshiro interacting. I was looking forward to seeing Kotomine too, but I guess that must have gone exactly as canon so it was skipped.
    ...Wait, could Ken or Toki actually CURE Kotomine?! Also, trust me on this; Archer and Ken know each other REALLY well. ...Not like that, perv!
    My Job Description
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Excellent.

You should also keep your twists and such to yourself. It's more fun to be in suspense. At least for me. Unless you end up getting stuck and need help.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Hold on, if I make Toki into Caster instead of Medea, that means Kojiro's out, right?

Who'd be Saber?
    Last edited by Agailius; January 11th, 2014 at 02:06 AM.
    My Job Description

Rei could work sorta.

"Believe in your heart, reaching to the shining sun, now for the sake of grasping victory!"
    Necowain the II
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhance View Post

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Could just use normal Saber.

But then, Shirou must not have Avalon, or he would have summoned her instead.

Be a rebel, bring in Red Saber Nero

"Believe in your heart, reaching to the shining sun, now for the sake of grasping victory!"
    Necowain the II
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhance View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Could just use normal Saber.

But then, Shirou must not have Avalon, or he would have summoned her instead.
    Maybe Zouken invited Shirou over for tea, drugged him, then yanked Avalon out while he was good and unconscious?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Owain View Post
    Be a rebel, bring in Red Saber Nero
    ...How does she fit here?
    My Job Description

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Agailius View Post
    Maybe Zouken invited Shirou over for tea, drugged him, then yanked Avalon out while he was good and unconscious?
    You've established that Kerry summoned Ken, there is no Avalon.

Stop using the thread as your brainstorming tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    Stop using the thread as your brainstorming tool.
    I see no problem with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Nice to see a new chapter; I'm interested in how things will go differently than before and how Assassin will interact with the other servants.

The joke near the beginning though hit me like a thrown brick. Try to make the occasional joke more subtle, and the humor will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Nice to see a new chapter; I'm interested in how things will go differently than before and how Assassin will interact with the other servants.

The joke near the beginning though hit me like a thrown brick. Try to make the occasional joke more subtle, and the humor will improve.
    Self-deprecation is all about execution and timing.
    My Job Description