Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Second Time Around (Fate/Prototype) (Misaya x Ayaka) (One-shot)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Keep it, I don't want it.

But in all seriousness, Lyco, don't let it get to you. Whether you like it or not, they technically are prototypes, and the FSN cast was derived from them. So it's not surprising to see them referred to as such, especially since so little about them has been established outside of the OVA.
    Fair enough...
    But the only similarities between Shirou and Ayaka is being the Protagonist/Main-Character and summoning Saber. ^^;
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Fair enough...
    But the only similarities between Shirou and Ayaka is being the Protagonist/Main-Character and summoning Saber. ^^;
    No way of knowing that unless Ayaka was more developed.

And really, all of Nasu's protagonists are similar in that they go through a lot of pain and/or suffering for some ideal or desire. So technically, Ayaka and Shirou aren't all that different at all.

Blog Entries

And really, all of Nasu's protagonists are similar in that they go through a lot of pain and/or suffering for some ideal or desire. So technically, Ayaka and Shirou aren't all that different at all.
    Never mind, then. Sorry for being bothered by it. Apparently that's abnormal and I should stop...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Asshats don't cease when they die but after folk forget what made them fun LunarLegend's Avatar
    And I am sorry for using terms which offend you so! I'm just unfamiliar with all their names yet, and don't know Misaya (The not!Rin) from the not!Illya (whose name also starts with an 'm' but I'm to lazy to look up)

I'm particularly confused by people making statements like Proto!Rider is awesome or Proto!Berserker is terrifying, because I've not seen either one, yet. And this makes me a confused Lunar.

But yeah. Misaya is a sexy beast, what with the whole nail polish thing and all. (This is part of why I have the hots for.....err....like Touko: she's feminine enough - and the team has animation budget enough- to feel comfortable showing her wearing nail polish. And yet she's a badass.)

Am I the only one who finds Saber/Ayaka cute? Not that Misaya/Ayaka isn't really hot, but I find the whole shy girl meets knightly prince kind of romantic, in a sappy sort of way. Perhaps it's terribly sexist and all, but I kind of like some of those stories, particularly when the shy girl becomes stronger through the relationship with the Prince. :/

And I don't see why folks can call proto!Saber boring: we've not seen enough of him, yet. Fate!Saber looks boring until you actually read her character motives, too!

We know about the proto!Characters from both the promo and material released, as in character material books. And interviews released in the Typemoon web. And since at least a year we know that Shirou and Rin as we know them now were born from Ayaka. Rin inherited part of Ayaka's character, relationship with a creepy priest, glasses girl, magi family girl, being a tsundere, and the relationship with a snarky Servant, while Shirou inherited the "main character", "sucks at every magecraft except one that it seems useless", "Avalon" and "being almost killed by Lancer" traits, among others.

Proto!Saber seems, from the description of the Character Material, very snarky, a bit like EMIYA, but without the self-deprecation and the suicide traits.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    Archer is not suicidal. He is self-homicidal. There is a distinction.

Blog Entries
    Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    ... I'm afraid to say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    [Pinky voice]I think so, Brain, but where would we find a virgin at this time of night?[/Pinky voice]

"Those who say it can not be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
    -- Chinese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    Archer is not suicidal. He is self-homicidal. There is a distinction.
    Same difference. He is trying to paradox himself to oblivion.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
    [Pinky voice]I think so, Brain, but where would we find a virgin at this time of night?[/Pinky voice]
    You're on the internet, man. How hard can it be?
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair