Page 1 of 16 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Robot Wars

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries

Super Robot Wars

Didn't see one, so I thought to myself "Might as well make a thread for super awesome mech anime megacrossovers!"

So I did.

Discussion about Another Century's Episode and other related Banpresto Projects is also encouraged.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I can't wait for Z2 Saiseihen to come out. I really liked Z2's story.

I'm a Celestial Being apprentice! haha

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Punching things with Aquarion from 14 spaces afar never gets old. So yeah excited for Z2-2

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Not that excited for Z2, because, most likely, Setsuko won't be there, but I do wait for SRW 2nd OGs, that were supposed to be released in september, by the way.
    Record of ATX manga is pretty cool though, I almost wish it was adapted into anime.

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Beaten Z2 like 4-5 times. I wonder what will happen when I transfer my data for Z2.2 other than chunks of mani?

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I actually played Z2 (did most of that run on a trans-Pacific flight, lol) without playing Z first, so I'm doing that now. I kept wondering who Setsuko was!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A girl who had the worst luck ever. Literally. Asakim made her life the most amusing thing ever.

I think she had the Virgo sphere which actually contributed to that, but the details are fuzzy.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Okay:

Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    fuck laith btw

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Beein Setsuko is suffran.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Blog Entries
    Want to play Super Robot Wars but I don't think I am enough of a mecha fan to play it. Only Z2 interested me enough cause I could actually name more than 2 mechs.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Do it, its fun. I hate mecha shows (le gasp!) and yet I play it.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    But it's like Battle Moon Wars right? Isn't half the fun the recognising and the *wink-wink-nudge-nudge* at the lores of each series? (Yes, I know Battle Moon Wars is the rip-off/parody of Super Robot Wars, that's the point...) Also the powerlevels.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Oh noes, I'm playing as Setsuko. (because wrench robot guy is retarded)

It's funny when characters from different series, yet voiced by the same actor run into each other. Sometimes there is a nod to that. Like, "haven't I seen you before? You look/sound reeeeeally familiar" or something.

Of course, the cool thing about ACE R is that you actually get to hear everyone talking to each other, which is totally bizarre.

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    Rand is awesome you heathen.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Don't talk shit 'bout Gunleon. That thing is seriously awesome.

I'm surprised at how well it pulls off the whole construction theme. I'd watch a Gunleon anime anytime.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fakessassin View Post
    But it's like Battle Moon Wars right? Isn't half the fun the recognising and the *wink-wink-nudge-nudge* at the lores of each series? (Yes, I know Battle Moon Wars is the rip-off/parody of Super Robot Wars, that's the point...) Also the powerlevels.
    If I remember correctly, Battle Moon Wars was inspired by the Super Robot Wars series. It even has references to Super Robot Wars, like The Love-Love Sekiha Tenkyouken done by Shirou and Sakura as a reference to G-Gundam. It has been going on for a long time, I believe.

Personally, I want to get my hands on a translated copy of Original Generations Gaiden. Mostly, because of this guy:

OGG is not actually a good game, though!

A girl who had the worst luck ever. Literally. Asakim made her life the most amusing thing ever.

I think she had the Virgo sphere which actually contributed to that, but the details are fuzzy.
    Well,

Spoiler:
    You know the whole 12 Spheres thing? Right, Setsuko holds one of them, the 'Sorrowful Maiden', and it's literally powered by sorrow. So Asakim, who wants the Spheres, makes it his job to make her as sorrowful as possible so the Sphere will activate and he can claim it for his own.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pata Hikari View Post
    Rand is awesome you heathen.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Don't talk shit 'bout Gunleon. That thing is seriously awesome.

I'm surprised at how well it pulls off the whole construction theme. I'd watch a Gunleon anime anytime.
    The only mecha I know of that is awesome with power tools is GaoGaiGar.

Still, that was when I got the game years ago -- played the first couple missions with Rand, didn't like it, and went back to SRW a3. I'll try to revisit it sometime.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    @3 is forever awesome. The Alpha games as a whole are boss, hence why Banpresto probably decided to call them "Alpha" in the first place.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, since I played Alpha 3, I can't help but compare every SRW game I play against it and they are all simply inferior IMO. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy them, but it realized UI, mechanics, story, mecha series, and animation all equally well in a way I haven't seen in a SRW game since.

Z2 comes the closest for me (love the story), but I really missed the squad system. Also this is just my preference, but if a game doesn't have Macross in it that's like, an automatic -2 points :P

Nonetheless still trying out OGs at the moment. Still getting the hang of it, but damn those original robots are awesome.

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    Speaking of OG

Why don't you all look at the Let's Play of OG1 I'm doing on the Something Awful forums.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary