Page 1 of 31 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Touhou

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries

Touhou

Obligatory thread of discuss-inating.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Was thinking of making this thread myself. Lookin forward to 13 and the Yomou-ness.

I'm not much of a fan of the fandom and everything that goes on it, but I enjoy the bullet hell games themselves.

I play only as Marisa, but I'm not very good. I still haven't beat SA and UFO. I just hope ten desires is going to be a step down on the difficulty scale.

Blog Entries
    ^ I mainly play Marisa as well. Although I do like Sakuya in PCB

I need Marisa's power and speed, cause my dodging skill is terrible. Spell cards are just a desperate race of me trying to take out all their life before I screw up and die. I can never capture time out spell cards, since those are only dodging. I just bomb my way through them or lose a life or two.

JP Friend Code
    Another one who uses Marisa (though in the latter ones have found Reimu easier). Also didn't managed to pass SA nor UFO, and MoF only thanks to Marisa's bug.
    Favourite game is IN, maybe in part because is easier (although favourite boss is SA Utsuho, even if I can't still beat her), and favourite character Patchouli, for... some reason I can't quite fathom (maybe because I picture her as a silent, serious type)
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    People were going crazy and screaming "FUCK YOU ZUN" because Youmu's hair in the new art looks messy instead of bluntly cut.

Touhou fandom, everyone.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardin
    I just hope ten desires is going to be a step down on the difficulty scale
    Though you are probably aware of the following, just for the book and whoever didn't read it:

Quote Originally Posted by ZUN (as of gensokyo.org)
    And so, this time, I will be keeping the difficulty level in check and won’t be going wild on the complexity of the game mechanics.
    Quite a relief after Fairy Wars (convinced me that the Extra/Phantasm/Derp boss of the last Touhou-game shall be an ordinary, nameless, anonymous fairy: "We are legion").

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Ah, at last my thread has come!! >8D

I'm practically always playing with Reimu (cause she's my touhou waifu :3). I cleared every game so far on easy, except for TEoSD and IN on normal as well. I know easy mode is a laughing stock, but I keep making the silliest of mistakes on higher difficulty levels and it makes me a sad panda. Funny thing is, I can beat Remilia on normal with needle!Reimu but I can't beat Sakuya. ;_;

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Bargadiel's Avatar
    Excited for 13 and I've always been a touhou project fan. Although I can't beat the games on Normal without using at least one continue, and I play them alot~ It all comes down to using a bomb a split second before dying, but I often make a mistake and forget to use them; making them wasted.

夜魔 Nightmare
    I haven't actually played anything past MoF, mainly because they seem to fail for Mac, but the others I finally got the hang of going through once I realized that bombing was much better than risking dying.

Touhou 8 and Touhou 12 were my favorite ones. Imperishable Night for it's overall function as a game; having lots of extra modes and characters to use + the great piano music. And UFO because of it's music and utilization of the enemy characters. I like how they were all important in some way, and there were none that just attacked you then had nothing to do with the story. Even Nazrin comes back to fight you later on. What sealed the deal for me though music-wise, was Fires of Hokkai.

I have alot of touhou doujin music on my computer, and almost any rendition of Hokkai is a treasure in my book.

JP Friend Code
    For me, the best track of all is Tenku no Hana no Miyako

Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

JP Friend Code
    Hoho! I love Touhou, it's one of those games where I can't hate any character. The're just so lovable.

Btw, I made this character relation diagram last year if you are interested:

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Looks like you excluded the PC-88 characters, not that anyone really cares much about them anymore...

If you like Touhou for its music instead of the gameplay, I'd suggest checking out http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaosAngel209 for some metal/rock remixes. He also got links to two other users who have huge playlists of other varieties of remixes.
    What is man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phrozen View Post
    Hoho! I love Touhou, it's one of those games where I can't hate any character. The're just so lovable.

I love your charts.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by jwang
    Looks like you excluded the PC-88 characters, not that anyone really cares much about them anymore...
    Nobody cares about them?

Thought that the Fandom regulary urges ZUN to finally bring some of them back in some kind of fanatic manner that seems to blame him for the lack of PC-98 characters, cancer and poverty ("BRING BACK MIMA-SAMAAAAA, SHINKIIII, etc.). ZUN himself apparently tried to reach a compromise by having similiar characters in TH12. Guess what, it backfired and they were even angrier ("stop mocking us!").

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha
    Touhou fandom, everyone.

Well, maybe it isn't so bad and "they" are just a few that are extremely loud. Let hope prevail.

Be careful Phrozen, they may try to hunt you down for excluded those certainly 'great' and 'well-fleshed-out' characters with 'engaging and mesmerizing' background (who could dare to forget somebody as important as Orange or Louise? Unbelievable! .. who was I talking about again?).

On that note: nice work.

I've been playing the games since several years ago, when I played the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil demo by chance in some game CD filled with freeware games and demos.

I can't stop being surprised at how big this phenomenon got with time.

My favorite game is Mountain of Faith, it's the only one I managed to 1cc in Lunatic, but I also loved EoSD, Subterranean Animism and UFO.

As other people on this thread have stated, I'm waiting eagerly for Touhou 13. Not for Youmu, I'm a hardcore Marisa player, but it looks pretty cool. A more complex scoring system and a more human-friendly difficulty were mentioned, so let's see how it comes out. SA and UFO were pretty brutal, so I guess it's welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phrozen View Post

Oh wow you were actually the one who made this? I came across it before and found it very cool. Great job!