Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Redemption of Matou Shinji

The Redemption of Matou Shinji

Okay, I've been attempting to formulate a plot for my fanfic Fists of Steel. Basically, it'd involve Shinji actually going through the process of realizing that what he's tried to accomplish as a Magus, as well as all the crap he put Sakura through, were truly horrible; and atoning for all the things he did to her.

The only problem is I don't know how the baloney sandwiches I'm supposed to pull that off. How do we reform this Casanova Jerkass into a decent fellow? If any of you guys have any ideas or theories, feel free to bring 'em to the table.
    My Job Description
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

Blog Entries
    now to plug my own work and all, but considering the question, did you ever read the letters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    now to plug my own work and all, but considering the question, did you ever read the letters?
    Eh? Letters? What letters?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, it seems like this topic would have been better placed in the fanfics area
    Well, I thought it was more relevant to a general discussion, as I was asking for advice, not writing a fanfic on it, per-say--granted, it'll be in Fists of Steel once I get towards that part, but I was hoping of finding a resolution to putting Shinji on the right path beforehand, so I could plan it. Also, the topic in itself is so confounding to me, I thought it relevant enough to ask some of you vets for some pointers and tips. And what better way than starting a topic in the Gen. Diss. forum?
    Last edited by Agailius; March 3rd, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
    My Job Description
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Not sure how much the letters would help here, since they're post UBW.

Redeeming Shinji without some serious trauma is hard. Being freed of Zouken would likely help somewhat, though.

Let Rin find out what he did to her. Actually no... he'll just be dead then.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Not sure how much the letters would help here, since they're post UBW.

Redeeming Shinji without some serious trauma is hard. Being freed of Zouken would likely help somewhat, though.
    Pretty much this.

You will not be able to make Shinji do a 180 WHILE the grail is on, unless it involves brainwashing, mindscrew, or OOC-nes.
    You MAY be able to make him pull a 90 or 91 turn and the rest will more or less be sorted out if he survives the war, but you need to compromise. Make him consider his actions by having Sakura save him when she could have damned him, but keep his obsession to harming “technically” OK targets, or have someone put “what a magus is” in a different perspective and give him some hope, however small, but he keeps the hate for virtually any magus.
    Or take the third option, temporarily cripple him until the war is over and call it a day.
    The truth of Shinji
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    Dude's a dick because the only thing he really wants to be successful in is the one thing he'll never be able to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by xelloss View Post
    The thing Shinji fails at is Chemistry.
    So he can't make them drugs.

To the best Nasuverse Trading card game

http://dulst.com/gaia
    imo of course

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, there are two ways to start anew.

1) Kill everyone. Out of sight, out of mind. He will be able to have a fresh start in Fuyuki, with his harem and large Matou inheritance.

2) Move to the Association like Touko, and start fresh there. Again, out of sight, out of mind.

Personally, I prefer the first approach. Killing Rin, Sakura, Zouken, and Shirou will bring Shinji some much needed peace (since they are the ones giving him so much grief), so he can spend more time with his harem.

Or, since Kenshirou is in it, we could try some crazy-ass Hokuto Shin Ken to try something...
    My Job Description

@food
    You realize this isn't an RP right?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The best form of atonement in my opinion is "moving on".

Shinji can't move on with all that baggage. He has to cut the baggage, and killing them is the most efficient method.

Just thought I would check.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Killing people is always a solid solution, both in RP and fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Killing people is always a solid solution, both in RP and fanfic.
    *sigh*

Speak for yourself, the amount of fanfics that keeps Shinji alive can be counted on one hand, and believe me it’s best for anyone BUT me.
    The truth of Shinji
    Dude's a dick because the only thing he really wants to be successful in is the one thing he'll never be able to do.

imo of course

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad_the_II View Post
    *sigh*

Speak for yourself, the amount of fanfics that keeps Shinji alive can be counted on one hand, and believe me it’s best for anyone BUT me.
    Well, Shinji will die by the end of Fists of Steel. But I wanted him to go out in a rather awesome and tear-jerking way. A heroic sacrifice of sorts.
    My Job Description

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Go Mind of Steel style. It even fits your "Fist of Steel" title.

Killing everyone is the ultimate form of atonement, just like killing all humans will atone for their deeds. Dust of Osiris, Araya, Archtype Earth, and Crimson Moon all agrees.

You cannot go astray with this kind of backing on this philosophy. Shinji should kill everyone, then commit suicide. Or make babies to replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Go Mind of Steel style. It even fits your "Fist of Steel" title.

Killing everyone is the ultimate form of atonement, just like killing all humans will atone for their deeds. Dust of Osiris, Araya, Archtype Earth, and Crimson Moon all agrees.

You cannot go astray with this kind of backing on this philosophy. Shinji should kill everyone, then commit suicide. Or make babies to replace them.
    Several problems:

1)I have no intention of doing a "Kill 'Em All" scenario. If you haven't seen already, Fists of Steel is a FotNS crossover. Killing everyone off would be an insult to Kenshirou.

2)A MOS Shirou would be completly against what Ken stands for.
    My Job Description

Quote Originally Posted by Agailius View Post
    Well, Shinji will die by the end of Fists of Steel. But I wanted him to go out in a rather awesome and tear-jerking way. A heroic sacrifice of sorts.

*sigh*

I resigned to this fate the moment I chose to be a fan of his so might as well go with it till the end.

If you want tearjerkis, I recommend you take the Sakura saves his life option, he then tries to do something nice, fails miserably, and goes out wallowing in self pity for always being born a failure and never managing to change that even when it counted in a very long and heartbreaking monologue that ends with the word failure ringing in his head.
    The truth of Shinji

imo of course

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Or you can have Sakura killing him by jamming worms down his throat until he suffocates, while castrating him and turning his member into a worm. Then jam it down his throat.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad_the_II View Post

*sigh*

I resigned to this fate the moment I chose to be a fan of his so might as well go with it till the end.
    Being Shinji fan is suffering...