Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Beast's Lair's Beta Reading - offers and/or requests, inquire within

Blog Entries
    Sure, why not, PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Update time? From IRUn? The Mayans had it all wrong - now the world is ending!

Seriously though: I have an update that could benefit from a decent beta-read. It clocks in at a little under 3,000 words and its for the long overdue The Xth Loop. Those interested send a PM my way and we can exchange the details whenever.

I'm in no rush. Its like 90% written and needs some hammering out of the minor details before I could send it to anyone anyway so don't worry about it.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post

Seeing as how I can barely catch files with a roll of newspaper, this imagery is pretty awesome...

Back to the topic
    , since this thread is here I may as well...

May I humbly ask someone to beta/review/critique my Fate/EXTRA fanfic (which has gotten buried under the wave of faster-updating fics)?

This thing doesn't have a beta yet, and my history of betas for my past fanfics do nothing more than just a quick proofread, so anything would be greatly appreciated!
    The next chapter's almost done as well, so if anyone's interested in this thing as a whole send me a PM and I'll hand that over too.

Be warned: I have very little control over the length of stuff I write. My lack of a sensei means I've never managed to correct this.
    To this person. Go to your thread. Do ctrl+f. Put in ; .

Despair.

Blog Entries
    Okay, as suggested by Vigilantia, I am here to request a beta (finally). I would prefer it if it was someone that could do not just Grammar, but also checking for plot inconsistencies, as well as anything that might get me in trouble by the other Type-Fans.

Of course, that doesn't excuse me from looking at the Visual Novels, so expect me to read them to some degree while doing my research (which means more than just playing the games).

Be warned. I don't have much in the way of plotting skills, so I tend to make things up as I go along, though I am working on correcting that.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm not the best grammar person but I may be able to give it a shot.

Blog Entries
    Thanks. I'd like it if someone would be kind enough (though not necessarily completely full of mercy) to rip my stuff a new one while pointing out what to do correctly.

That's what I'll be looking for in a beta as well.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Ok. FFD27 is done. Can someone help out and beta it? My other beta didn't really do that much this time around.

Hey.

I was wondering if anybody would volunteer to beta a crossover fic I'm writing? I mostly one a grammer beta but a decent knowledge of A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones would be good too.
    If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. - William Shakespeare

Basic overview, a grail war happens in Westeros, of course this does not prevent the events from the book happening either. Thus, the war for the Grail and the war for the Iron Throne happen at the same time.

Start at the begining of Game of Thrones, Eddard Stark Summons Saber (Arturia).

If you want more details, I can PM you.
    If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. - William Shakespeare

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar
    Hello everyone!

Heroslayer and me are looking for someone who could betaread the rewrite of Mahou Senki Lyrical Days, seeing that we are rewriting the whole thing. Is there anyone here who feels up to the task?

Illya is best servant

Blog Entries
    Color me interested.

Then again, what are you guys looking for in terms of knowledge for this, anyway? I'm still in the middle of the first season of Nanoha (and I don't know what you guys think I should know about F/sN).

Note: I probably won't be able to for a while, due to my own writing taking priority, but I wish to help out.

Blog Entries
    So, I'm in the middle of three things right now.

I'm beta-reading the rewrite of Mahou Senki: Lyrical Days;

I'm writing a non-TM story;

And I'm writing a TM story, which I want to talk about here.

It was originally going to be my contest entry for the Beast's Lair Fanfic Contest, but that went south because of my priorities being elsewhere, unfortunately. I was going to write a Shirou/Ayako lemon fic, but by the time I got back to the fic, it was yesterday.

This would have been followed by me attempting to write an Ayako route, but that doesn't seem likely until I get this lemon fic completed, which will take a while... unless someone were willing to co-write the story with me.

In short, I would like either a beta or a co-author, preferably the latter. Anyone willing to help?

Blog Entries
    Do you have anything particular in Shirou/Ayako that would turn me on and would you actually pull your weight.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    About the second one, I'm mostly posting this to help get me off my ass about this, as in actually finishing this.

As for the particulars, what are you interested in, Leo? I wouldn't know if anything in particular is being used that would be a turn on for you, so if you could tell me what the list includes, I'll see whether or not you'll be interested.

Blog Entries
    Eh. Honestly if you don't have any ideas already I don't feel like doing anything for a number of reasons, I don't think that'll work.

Blog Entries
    Actually, I had an idea for what would happen, but I don't know if it would turn you on or not. I need to know if you'd be turned on to what I had in mind (read: PM me the list of what turns you on) before I bring up what I have in mind.

Blog Entries
    No, what.

Blog Entries
    *facepalm* I take it you want me to say what it is I have in mind, right?

In case you do, I'm playing with the whole Love Potion idea... but screwing it up massively. It removes ones inhibitions about going at it with whoever the consumer has in mind as a potential lover (the supposed "Love Potion" that I have in mind is supposed to work that way).

Oh, also, there happens to be a case of rescue romance involved in the story... if that even counts.